Xbox 360. Wherefore Art Thou?

seenbetta

Hi

I've just arived in Bangkok and spent half the day looking for an xbox360 pro, the one with the 60 gig hard drive. Can I find it? Can I <deleted>.

I've been to the emporioum, central lad prao, central world, siam paragon and siam world, carrefour in param 9 and fortune tower. None of them had one. Guy in emporium had a 256 mb version and said it was the last one in Bangkok, and it was priced at 32,500 baht. Of course I scoffed and thought, you won't fool me you dirty scam merchant. One place in siamworld said they could order it for 14,000 baht and it would come with 80 gigs, which I think is the latest version?

A fella in paragon has one, with 20 gigs labeled "go pro". It comes ready chipped and he can sell me copied games for 80 baht a pop, for 25,000 baht. I told him I would think about it. Thing about that is, the warranty is already void because the console has been opened and chipped. And I don't know why this has been done, perhaps it might stop working on me as soon as I get home.

Sooooo, can anyone please tell me where I can get a 60 gig "pro" xbox360? I'm going to return to fortune tower tomorrow as it was a bit late when I got there and most of the shops were closed.

No warranty anyway as Microsoft havn't released here.

Xbox 360 should be 14-18k baht max, careful though I've had 3 here including an elite and they have all broken so far.

Guy in emporium had a 256 mb version and said it was the last one in Bangkok, and it was priced at 32,500 baht.

:)

Shameless. A 360 arcade is about 12,000 baht.

Try out MBK, on the 6th floor there are a bunch of game shops, they might have the version you are looking for.

Went to 6th floor MBK today and found a guy with a chipped/modified box. Asked him to turn it on and show me it working. He says he couldn't turn it on because, what if it doesn't work, he's out a lot of money. I have to buy it first.

I have to give you 12000-14000 baht before you turn it on? And you've already taken it out of the box and opened the console and you're worried about it not working? Yeah, I'll be back in ten minutes, just going to the bank.

Eventually found one guy, back at central and he will demonstrate the box before any money changes hands. Will see him tomorrow in the afternoon.

Edited by seenbetta

They wouldn't let you turn it on!? Huh, I bought my PS2 there and they let me test everything out beforehand.

Another place you might try is gcorners.com. It's located in the basement of the Century Movie Plaza at victory monument bts station(at the exit closer to Siam Square). On their website they're advertising 360 Arcade for 11,500. Don't seem to have the Pro though, maybe you could call and see. I bought my Nintendo DS there and I was allowed to test everything out.

There's more than one place in MBK where you can get it and they'll probably run for 11,000-12,000 baht. The normal 360 is under 10k baht at this point. You could also check out Chinatown as they'll most likely have the cheapest prices.

Went to 6th floor MBK today and found a guy with a chipped/modified box. Asked him to turn it on and show me it working. He says he couldn't turn it on because, what if it doesn't work, he's out a lot of money. I have to buy it first.

:):D :D :D

Where's your mask and gun mate? :D

post-10746-1248783160_thumb.jpg

Have you tried Central on Rama3? Top floor is a few places, i got my XBox360 from the place directly opposite the esculator - the guy was nice, friendly, fully tested it in my presence and said if i got any problems he would fix or replace the unit over the next 12 months (it was pre-chipped) - i think i paid somewhere around the 13,000b range for it and he bunged me a 'voucher' for 10 free games, but that was well over 18mths ago now (and not a days trouble from the console) - there was another shop on the same floor selling the 360, but they were marginally higher priced and no where near as friendly so i abandoned them after the inital inquiry.

Also, as a side note, one of the kiosk style shops there sells the games even cheaper than 80b a disk, not that i use copied games (my xbox is a media server not a games console)

Have you tried Central on Rama3? Top floor is a few places, i got my XBox360 from the place directly opposite the esculator - the guy was nice, friendly, fully tested it in my presence and said if i got any problems he would fix or replace the unit over the next 12 months (it was pre-chipped) - i think i paid somewhere around the 13,000b range for it and he bunged me a 'voucher' for 10 free games, but that was well over 18mths ago now (and not a days trouble from the console) - there was another shop on the same floor selling the 360, but they were marginally higher priced and no where near as friendly so i abandoned them after the inital inquiry.

Also, as a side note, one of the kiosk style shops there sells the games even cheaper than 80b a disk, not that i use copied games (my xbox is a media server not a games console)

They are much cheaper now. Like I said, a 360 comes for under 10,000 now. I bought mine near release date and got it for 16,000. Quite frankly, I was shocked to see how affordable the Wii's have gotten. Something like 7400 Baht at MBK. Really thinking about getting one now that they're so enticingly cheap :)

Of no help to the OP but i bought the lastest Xbox360 arcade (jasper) from tukom here in pattaya, i bundled it with an extra cordless controller (arcade come standard with one), dvd remote, HDMI cable and a 20gb hdd total cost was 14,000b

EDIT: mine came chipped to play dodgy games and has 12 months warranty against RROD, and also got 10 free games.

Edited by Spoonman

• 10 months later...

Thought I would update this thread just to share where I got my xbox. Bit late I know.

Eventually got my xbox in central lad prao, downstairs in a reasonably big shop. Guy there had it chipped and threw in 10 games for free.

Cost all in, 12000 baht.

There was also a shop in fortune tower, on the 2nd or 3rd floor I think, but he was closed when I got there.

Anyway, console has worked like a charm so far. looking to upgrade to a 50" TV next month, those dam_n nazis won't stand a chance!