Miss England Takes A Break

Miss England takes a break

Monday, July 27, 2009

Rupert Murray

The recently crowned Miss England is heading to Thailand, courtesy of Jetlife and Santhiya.

Linford Christie’s niece Rachel Christie, who hopes to compete in London 2012, beat 52 other women to take the crown at the London Hilton Metropole.

Alex Everall from Santhiya Resort & Spa; Rachel Christie, Miss England 2009; Eamonn Ferrin, chief executive of Allbury Travel Group (Jetlife)

She will compete in Miss World after her 10-night stay at Santhiya Resort & Spa, on Koh Pha-ngan, Thailand.

http://www.ttglive.com/articledetails?grou...amp;version=1.0

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She will compete in Miss World after her 10-night stay at Santhiya Resort & Spa, on Koh Pha-ngan, Thailand.

looks real english to me :D , anyway she seem to be a beautiful lady and she has a good taste :D

post-56008-1248686866_thumb.png

Oh yes.....very British.

Perhaps you guys would like to explain your stupid comments. What, in your definition does a "British" person look like? :)

I doubt you can explain, as you would get your sorry a*ses banned.

She is an ambassador for her country - what are you other than an embarrassment?

looks real english to me :D , anyway she seem to be a beautiful lady and she has a good taste :D

Oh yes.....very British.

Looks as British as the American President looks American :D:)

Yes, well, given that your comments appear to reflect your ignorance as to the general make up of multicultural countries like the US and the UK, I will put aside the racist implications of your posts and suggest that we drop that trend in this topic.

Well SBK, might be a lot more tolerant then I am. Just goes to show how narrow minded & ignorant some of the posters are .

What an attitude, really shows your true colors.

Well SBK, might be a lot more tolerant then I am. Just goes to show how narrow minded & ignorant some of the posters are .

no need to flame the fact is, she looks about a british as miss thailand looks Thai; oh thats right she didnt speak thai did she.

and yes the beauty queen looks more jamaican so what? If she looked more Brazilian she might have a chance.

Suggest you take your preconceived notions about what makes one British and rethink them. Sometimes its better to post from a point of information than assumption.

I am sure that there are many people who are native born British citizens who would find your assumptions about what is "British" to be rather offensive.

no need to flame the fact is, she looks about a british as miss thailand looks Thai; oh thats right she didnt speak thai did she.

and yes the beauty queen looks more jamaican so what? If she looked more Brazilian she might have a chance.

Not flaming macaroni man,just because of the color of her skin you all jump to assumtions is it? She could be 3 rd generation born & bred as far as you know.Why the smart comments? They are offensive & shows lack of tolerance.

But then some people can't help the smart remarks I guess.

Not flaming macaroni man,just because of the color of her skin you all jump to assumtions is it? She could be 3 rd generation born & bred as far as you know.Why the smart comments? They are offensive & shows lack of tolerance.

But then some people can't help the smart remarks I guess.

come on, a person would have had to lived in a cave for the last century to not know that Brits are multi culture. That does not change that fact that most would imagine a British Beauty to look along the line of Princess D. lilly white wasp. but i guess the forum has turned into a place where we must now be politicaly correct (liberal bs) or we will be called racist.

come on, a person would have had to lived in a cave for the last century to not know that Brits are multi culture. That does not change that fact that most would imagine a British Beauty to look along the line of Princess D. lilly white wasp. but i guess the forum has turned into a place where we must now be politicaly correct (liberal bs) or we will be called racist.

You are bigots in my opinion and you deserve the contempt of everyone.

BRITISH is a political designation and can be of any race. Much like American, Soviet or Austrian.

England is a country but are their citizens British citizens or English citizens? English can be an ethnicity and in this regard, Miss England does not look very English which might be why ham wrote, "looks real english to me" then someone else changed it to "British" and people got offended.

I hope she enjoys her stay on Ko Phangnan.

As for the 'she don't look British' comments. Well, us brits had a bit of Italian, a bit of Danish, a bit of French blood in us centuries ago before we welcomed migrants from the world over. We are almost as mongrel a race as the US. It's a good thing.

I guess we will have to wait a few centuries to see a blonde-haired blue-eyed Miss thailand, though. :)

Edited by Geekfreaklover

As for the 'she don't look British' comments. Well, us brits had a bit of Italian, a bit of Danish, a bit of French blood in us centuries ago before we welcomed migrants from the world over. We are almost as mongrel a race as the US. It's a good thing.

I guess we will have to wait a few centuries to see a blonde-haired blue-eyed Miss thailand, though. :)

already been there and done that more than once.

already been there and done that more than once.

arai na?

Oh yes.....very British.

Looks as British as the American President looks American :D:)

anyway it was more about fun and that she is coming to KP. She is positiv "British" for me what ever this means to you! She is beautiful and who de f.. cares where this beautiful woman comes from in those days (except her routs maybe), where all is mixed up :D :D :D

I dont find the original comments at all racist. I think the poster was referring to the conception of what is English. Its like thinking of all Swedish people being 6ft tall with white blonde hair.

I mean if you are talking about food then a typical british meal now includes pizza, pasta and many curries but the concept of a British meal is still bangers and mash, roast beef and yorkshire pud or a good old full English breakfast.

The girl however good looking does not match the concept of an English belle. And I do not think I am being at all racist to say that.

HL :)

I dont find the original comments at all racist. I think the poster was referring to the conception of what is English. Its like thinking of all Swedish people being 6ft tall with white blonde hair.

I mean if you are talking about food then a typical british meal now includes pizza, pasta and many curries but the concept of a British meal is still bangers and mash, roast beef and yorkshire pud or a good old full English breakfast.

The girl however good looking does not match the concept of an English belle. And I do not think I am being at all racist to say that.

But you are

But you are

I don't think there is anything racist at all about what HL said. If anything i think he has offered some common sense. I am not a racist and i think some people are being way too sensitive

You are bigots in my opinion and you deserve the contempt of everyone.

Description of bigot - American Heritage® Dictionary

NOUN: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Additional references: Wikipedia

Description of racism - American Heritage® Dictionary

NOUN: 1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. racist & NOUN

I do not see where anything i wrote falls under either definition. i have not stated a preference, or commented on ability i have simply stated what i believe to be a socio consept of an english beauty i.e. princess D. having said this perhaps a chill pill is in order oh btw i am not a wasp nor considered to be white. :)

I dream about a society where finally all the races and colors will be mixed, where you don't get jail a professor going to open his house's door thinking is a burglar only because of his skin colour.

Where people stop talking about a perfect english girl to be white.

We need more time, but sooner or later we shall be everybody mixed (maybe a bit chinese :) ) and those problems be finish.

I dream about a society where finally all the races and colors will be mixed, where you don't get jail a professor going to open his house's door thinking is a burglar only because of his skin colour.

Where people stop talking about a perfect english girl to be white.

We need more time, but sooner or later we shall be everybody mixed (maybe a bit chinese :D ) and those problems be finish.

sometimes color does blind those who see the world in color. q. when you see a people do you see color or gender?

my bet is you see color as do most memeber of the naacp :) imho as long as orginization like this are around racisim will be alive and well.

as for the prof, lets face it if you know anything about america it does not make any difference what color, career or socio economic background what you are if you are going to mouth off to a cop on a B&E call in a neighborhood with a history of break ins. the prof made the mistake of thinking he was still in the class room where he could spout off rather than using better judgment and keeping his mouth shut, doing as the cop asked letting him complete his business and then airing any grievances. case in point i was stopped speeding in wyo at 90mph when the cop caught up i kept my hands on the wheel in plain sight, did whatever he asked to keep the tension down and behaved with polite manners(something i am not known for) he chilled wrote the ticket at a reduced speed at 5 over and then agreed to have a photo taken with my son. moral of the story a harvard prof should have the common sence of a hay seed like myself :D

If you are going to quote news items then at least quote the whole thing. The police were called to the professore house because he had been seen breaking into the house. This was because he had locked himself out but they did not know that at the time. The reason it made the news big time was because they did not believe he lived there when he told them. But they did have the initial reason to suspect him.

Anguid you dont seem to be able to understand the meaning of the word "concept" do you?

No one has talked about what a perfect English girl should, or should not look like.....except you.

Tell me, what would be your concept of the representative for Jamaica in the Miss World competition be then? (or China or Thailand etc etc etc)