Miss England Takes A Break

I dream of a world where people are not so hung up on reading racism into everything, and perpetually pulling out the 'race card'.

I also dream of a world where jumped up professors understand that you do not mouth off to police officers who are going about their daily duty, because if you verbally abuse them you are highly likely to be arrested which will result in wasted police time.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to make her acquaintance and hope she has a lovely holiday. Perhaps a good way to end this topic is for everyone to agree that regardless of where her distant origins are from, the point is she is a very attractive young lady!

Carmine I agree - and it's good publicity for Koh Pha Ngan as well. I say good luck to her and I hope she wins the contest.

No doubt there are a few on here who would prefer our representative to be more stereotypically "English", so fat, ugly, loud, obnoxious, pasty white (or orange) ... etc etc

I dream about a society where finally all the races and colors will be mixed, where you don't get jail a professor going to open his house's door thinking is a burglar only because of his skin colour.

Sigh.

Transcript of the 911 call in the Gates case

Dispatcher: Are they white, black or Hispanic?

Caller: Umm, well there were two larger men, one looked kind of Hispanic, but I’m not really sure. And the other one entered and I didn’t see what he looked like at all. I just saw it from a distance and this older woman was worried, thinking someone’s breaking in someone’s house, they’ve been barging in, and she interrupted me, and that’s when I had noticed. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t have noticed it at all, to be honest with you. So I was just calling ‘cause she was a concerned neighbor, I guess.

-----

When the entire world is the exact same skin tone, exact same religious beliefs, same political beliefs, same size and weight, then people will find something else to hate each other for.

Carmine I agree - and it's good publicity for Koh Pha Ngan as well. I say good luck to her and I hope she wins the contest.

No doubt there are a few on here who would prefer our representative to be more stereotypically "English", so fat, ugly, loud, obnoxious, pasty white (or orange) ... etc etc

:)

You forgot being drunk and wearing a football t-shirt.

You forgot being drunk and wearing a football t-shirt.

Hahaha - indeed I did ... :D

I think the one on the right is the cutest out of all of them, what place did she get? :D:)

This is what I thought! :D

I dream about a society where finally all the races and colors will be mixed, where you don't get jail a professor going to open his house's door thinking is a burglar only because of his skin colour.

Where people stop talking about a perfect english girl to be white.

We need more time, but sooner or later we shall be everybody mixed (maybe a bit chinese :D ) and those problems be finish.

When this happens I also hope that the whole miss- competition is out of the world too... Not only colour is skin deep, but also the physical specs. It only a thin layer.

I didn't think the comment was racist. How would we have reacted as miss Korea looked like a Scandinavian woman? Probably surprised, right? :D

Greets,

Miss Tiramisu

(with real pure chocolate rasp on a white creamy layer of Mascarpone. Black & White..perfect combination! A piece of heaven on earth!)

I think the one on the right is the cutest out of all of them, what place did she get? :D:D

This is what I thought! :D

Where people stop talking about a perfect english girl to be white.

We need more time, but sooner or later we shall be everybody mixed (maybe a bit chinese :D ) and those problems be finish.

When this happens I also hope that the whole miss- competition is out of the world too... Not only colour is skin deep, but also the physical specs. It only a thin layer.

I didn't think the comment was racist. How would we have reacted as miss Korea looked like a Scandinavian woman? Probably surprised, right? :D

Greets,

Miss Tiramisu

(with real pure chocolate rasp on a white creamy layer of Mascarpone. Black & White..perfect combination! A piece of heaven on earth!)

For those who don't want to claim her as English, please ignore Linford Christie and Daley Thompson's olympic medals

Anyone who reads the words "miss England" and thinks of something other than a white skinned girl is simply in PC overlode mode! Nothing racist about that concept either, do I need to cite wordsworth, shakespeare etc? "post from a point of information" ??? I can give you centuries of them- books, poems, plays, odes, songs, tales, and more recently films, photos.. Racism doesnt come into it only common sense and factual basis for our concepts. A black english girl is about as common in a historial context as a white african girl, in fact I would argue white african girls are more common than black english girls in a historical context. And no I am not anti black I am simply anti bullshit. Theres nothing wrong with having a black miss england, and theres nothing wrong with having a white miss africa, but to yell at someone who points out the unusualness of such a thing is to be ignorant.

Edited by OxfordWill

For those who don't want to claim her as English, please ignore Linford Christie and Daley Thompson's olympic medals

They won those medals for Great Britain not England.

God many of you are really showing your ages....you seem stuck in about 1973 - perhaps when you all first came to Thailand? What makes a person Bristish to you eh? The passport? The birth certificate? Being our soldiers? Being our doctors, our policemen, our politicians? Or is it just your skin?

I don't think you have any idea how insulting and biggoted you are. People like you should be sent on race rehabilitation courses to get you up to the 21st centuries definitions of nationality. It would be funny if it wasn't so potentially harmful to the progression of equal rights. I am surprised I haven't read "I am not being racist but....". I guess many of you find Jim Davidson funny too yeah? Thought so.

Anyone who reads the words "miss England" and thinks of something other than a white skinned girl is simply in PC overlode mode! Nothing racist about that concept either, do I need to cite wordsworth, shakespeare etc? "post from a point of information" ??? I can give you centuries of them- books, poems, plays, odes, songs, tales, and more recently films, photos.. Racism doesnt come into it only common sense and factual basis for our concepts. A black english girl is about as common in a historial context as a white african girl, in fact I would argue white african girls are more common than black english girls in a historical context. And no I am not anti black I am simply anti bullshit. Theres nothing wrong with having a black miss england, and theres nothing wrong with having a white miss africa, but to yell at someone who points out the unusualness of such a thing is to be ignorant.

You really are from Oxford aren't you if a black English girl is such an alien concept to you. It is so much easier to moan about being too PC than to actually asses why we have the concept in the first place.

God many of you are really showing your ages....you seem stuck in about 1973 - perhaps when you all first came to Thailand? What makes a person Bristish to you eh? The passport? The birth certificate? Being our soldiers? Being our doctors, our policemen, our politicians? Or is it just your skin?

I don't think you have any idea how insulting and biggoted you are. People like you should be sent on race rehabilitation courses to get you up to the 21st centuries definitions of nationality. It would be funny if it wasn't so potentially harmful to the progression of equal rights. I am surprised I haven't read "I am not being racist but....". I guess many of you find Jim Davidson funny too yeah? Thought so.

Perhaps you could be more specific about the posts you find harmful and 'bigoted'.

So naive thinking that most of people (here on TV?) are over the concept of nationalism, skin colour, english or british, etc etc.

Please guys, it's 2009, wake up!

Maybe somebody want the Thai GF or wife, but after your daughter couldn't be olympic champion or miss England? Just because of asian descend?

Miss England takes a break

She will compete in Miss World after her 10-night stay at Santhiya Resort & Spa, on Koh Pha-ngan, Thailand.

http://www.ttglive.com/articledetails?grou...amp;version=1.0

looks real english to me :D , anyway she seem to be a beautiful lady and she has a good taste :D

post-56008-1248686866_thumb.png

Oh yes.....very British.

Looks as British as the American President looks American :D:)

Silly, that is because he is from Hawaii

So naive thinking that most of people (here on TV?) are over the concept of nationalism, skin colour, english or british, etc etc.

Maybe somebody want the Thai GF or wife, but after your daughter couldn't be olympic champion or miss England? Just because of asian descend?

You know Angiud, it isn't about "can or can't" or "should or shouldn't", but the fact that changes don't come overnight, it needs time. Although the change is already happening, we need even more time to switch our minds to an other standard. One day a Thai woman will be blue eyed (natural) with blond (natural) curls (natural) And no-one will be surprised... :)

There is nothing wrong with feeling a pride for your country and i think the word 'nationalism' is banded about too frivolously. The problem as i see it is that with all the ridiculous PC overload, that i find harmful and at times insulting, means that normal fair minded poeple feel themselves treading on egg shells rather than raise and intelligently debate an issue.

Yes, wake up, it's 2009, high time to move on, and i would'nt mind betting the young lady being the focus of discussion might well agree with me.

hey dude roll another and pass that joint my way.

The realty is that I'm not in KPG and I cannot welcome the girl in one of my restaurants, so I'm a little upset. :)

The good side is that actually I stay in Bali looking for a new accomodation and business for me and my family. :D

Back on topic, I don't understand why so many people flaming about political correctness and a fair (i.d.i.o.t.?) personal opinion.

I dream of a world where people are not so hung up on reading racism into everything, and perpetually pulling out the 'race card'.

I also dream of a world where jumped up professors understand that you do not mouth off to police officers who are going about their daily duty, because if you verbally abuse them you are highly likely to be arrested which will result in wasted police time.

Best Post on the thread..

You know what Carmine....an infinitely wiser man than you once had a dream...and whilst people like you are still holding the kinds of views you do unfortunately that dream has not yet been realised.

Brava Mssabai. Your english in far better than mine so you can say something to answer to people I think with not so many ideas and also a bit confused about the world we live.

Yes, I dream about a world of mixing races and cultures, where the difference between religions, traditions, countries will not be an obstacle for the peace and the brotherhood among peoples.

Yes, maybe an utopia, but this is what I think.

I don't believe carmine has condoned racism at all in the posts.

Indeed I share the same dream where a discussion of this nature would never occur.

Why should we not discuss a topic of this natue, hidding from it and pretending it dos'nt exist is a big ask...

To dream of a day when a discussion of this nature would never occur is quite unrealistic.

To be honest I have no idea how she won any beauty contest? She's not winning any prizes in my book.

However, she might beet me in a sprint to 7 for a hot dog??