Miss England Takes A Break

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dream of a world where people are not so hung up on reading racism into everything, and perpetually pulling out the 'race card'.

I also dream of a world where jumped up professors understand that you do not mouth off to police officers who are going about their daily duty, because if you verbally abuse them you are highly likely to be arrested which will result in wasted police time.

You know what Carmine....an infinitely wiser man than you once had a dream...and whilst people like you are still holding the kinds of views you do unfortunately that dream has not yet been realised.

...and what views exactly am i still holding?

I have deleted some posts & issued warnings.

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I dream of a world where people are not so hung up on reading racism into everything, and perpetually pulling out the 'race card'.

I also dream of a world where jumped up professors understand that you do not mouth off to police officers who are going about their daily duty, because if you verbally abuse them you are highly likely to be arrested which will result in wasted police time.

You know what Carmine....an infinitely wiser man than you once had a dream...and whilst people like you are still holding the kinds of views you do unfortunately that dream has not yet been realised.

Clearly you cannot find anything in my posts to make me a racist, so to this end i have to conclude that your posts are drivel

Brava Mssabai. Your english in far better than mine so you can say something to answer to people I think with not so many ideas and also a bit confused about the world we live.

Yes, I dream about a world of mixing races and cultures, where the difference between religions, traditions, countries will not be an obstacle for the peace and the brotherhood among peoples.

Yes, maybe an utopia, but this is what I think.

:)

I hear you man, my heart wants the same...

If you're referring to Martin Luther King Jr of "I have a dream" speech fame, it's worth pointing out that as great of man as he was, he wasn't infinitely wiser than anyone. He was a well known plagiarist:

According to civil rights historian Ralph E. Luker, who worked on the King Papers Project directing the research on King's early life, King's paper The Chief Characteristics and Doctrines of Mahayana Buddhism[5] was taken almost entirely from secondary sources.[6] He writes:

Moreover, the farther King went in his academic career, the more deeply ingrained the patterns of borrowing language without clear attribution became. Thus, the plagiarism in his dissertation seemed to be, by then, the product of his long established practice.[6]

Back to a colorblind society...The problem with "Utopians" is that they expect all these wonderful changes to happen overnight. In reality, IF they do come about it will take many generations. How many other great societal changes happened overnight? Utopians ignore reality and come across as nutjobs to the rest of us. It's been roughly 40-45 years since the "I have a dream" speech and there are still people out there that don't think much progress has been made. Those people either weren't living at the time or stand to make too much money by keeping people divided.

As for Miss England, congrats to her, but she wouldn't turn one head if she walked into a nightclub back in Estonia. :)

Good on her for winning miss England. However and its just my opinion that she isnt that pretty, no doubt she would say the same about me and I haven't won a mr anything. A few errrm lady friends here in BKK are a few points further up the ladder to a 10 :)

Edited by zorro1

If you're referring to Martin Luther King Jr of "I have a dream" speech fame, it's worth pointing out that as great of man as he was, he wasn't infinitely wiser than anyone. He was a well known plagiarist:

Plagirist or not. I still consider him a wise man. People who talk about the 'race card' being pulled, especially with reference to anything that happens in America on the other hand, I do not consider wise.

Carmine:

The views I have problems with are the ones where you talk about 'race cards' and 'jumped up professors'.

If you deny that inequality and oppression due to race exist that you are denying the chance for that to change. The race card is 'pulled' because it needs to be. This is not a fair world and I don't care what cards are pulled when, if they are helping to make this world more equal.

And your assessment of the the Professor Gates affair was pretty absurd. Do you know the man? Have you had any knowledge of him prior to this incident? So how have you ended up describing him 'jumped up'. Does 'jumped up' not infer that someone is acting above his station? The man was trying to get into his own house and he was arrested. Yes he may well have overreacted - I can imagine I might if I have returned late after a business trip and all I want to do is get into bed, and instead I find myself locked out, and then arrested. The fall out from it I agree has been blown out of proportion, but i don't understand why you would be angry at him specifically.

Plagirist or not. I still consider him a wise man. People who talk about the 'race card' being pulled, especially with reference to anything that happens in America on the other hand, I do not consider wise.

Carmine:

The views I have problems with are the ones where you talk about 'race cards' and 'jumped up professors'.

If you deny that inequality and oppression due to race exist that you are denying the chance for that to change. The race card is 'pulled' because it needs to be. This is not a fair world and I don't care what cards are pulled when, if they are helping to make this world more equal.

And your assessment of the the Professor Gates affair was pretty absurd. Do you know the man? Have you had any knowledge of him prior to this incident? So how have you ended up describing him 'jumped up'. Does 'jumped up' not infer that someone is acting above his station? The man was trying to get into his own house and he was arrested. Yes he may well have overreacted - I can imagine I might if I have returned late after a business trip and all I want to do is get into bed, and instead I find myself locked out, and then arrested. The fall out from it I agree has been blown out of proportion, but i don't understand why you would be angry at him specifically.

Inequality is a necessity, Im no Darwin but without difference we would we not cease to evolve?, I cant understand why people would wish to ignore it. The day we all become the same would be a very sad day indeed.

Edited by smallprawn

Inequality is a necessity, Im no Darwin but without difference we would we not cease to evolve?, I cant understand why people would wish to ignore it. The day we all become the same would be a very sad day indeed.

Agreed some people should be more equal than others based upon effort and achievement however these opportunities should be available regardless of a persons origin.

Unfortunately mssabai while there are no doubt many cases where people are discriminated against, I have seen the 'race card' used as a 'get out of jail free' card.

Just my personal experience and not saying this is commonplace.

She looks a lovely lady by the way but my money is on Miss Scotland....no contest! :)

Inequality has nothing to do with difference smallprawn. No one is asking to become the same as everyone else, merely to be treated the same as everyone else in the eyes of the law and state.

Carmine:

If life were so simple