So We Just Got The ""txt Message"

Hey all,

So my girlfriend got the text message from the embassy today... about 5pm in thailand. But it read "Application Collected" that was it. I was expecting a "your passport is ready for collection" or words to that effect. My girlfriend is not concerned because she is goin by the fact that the lady at VFS told her when the second text message comes, it is time to go pick up your passport. But i am WORRIED!

You all probly dont remember, but my girlfriend has, lets say, a questionable immigration history, lol. Basically she had overstayed her visa by like 4 years when i met her in the uk. she went back to thailand of her own accord after she became pregnant with my son.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, im just really worried, because A) the txt message didnt say what I expected it to say. :) they sent it at like 5pm, which is too late for her to go collect it and C) because i really did expect them to ask her to an interview. Which they havent.

spmeone please give me some encouraging words to get me through the next 12 hours of hel_l...

ps, she has to go to embassy after 3pm? thai time yeah?

thanks,

yeah? because i read on VFS website, something like 9-3 for submitting documents, 3-6 or something for collecting passports... She is gonna ring them in the morning anyway... fingers, toes, arms, legs and testicles crossed :)

She is gonna ring them in the morning anyway... fingers, toes, arms, legs and testicles crossed :)

Unfortunately ringing them, and I presume you mean VFS, will not do any good, they don't know the answer, the decision has been made by UK Visas, the passport will be in a sealed envelope and she will not know the result until the envelope is opened.

Anyway I wish you all the best, I suspect this will be a long few hours for you both.