Rats, Bacteria And Pantyhose

chiangmaikelly

I live in a small town. Not Pattaya or Chiang Mai or Bangkok.

Rats! What is it with the rats. I go to a temple where there are dogs and cats. They sit on the porch and on the wall around the porch and watch the rats scurry in and out while they gather food from the droppings of people and offerings. Did the dogs and cats get trained not to kill the rats? I had Siamese cats in the states and they would go nuts if a rat was anywhere near the house. I had five of them and they would sit by the window or door and make a chattering almost clucking noise and jump up and down clamoring to be let out to get the rats.

I go to one street pad Thai restaurant that backs up to a drainage creek. The owner of the restaurants boy shoots the rats in the creek with a slingshot for the amusement of the customers while we eat dinner. I don't think it kills them but it must hurt as they run away.

When one rat comes out in the daytime and in public place that means there are hundreds more close by. Normally they are very shy.

Holding temps. The perfect temperature for bacteria is 99 degrees F or 37 Celsius. That is the temperature that almost all food is held in Thailand. 99% of the restaurants in Thailand would be closed in the west because of holding temperatures.

Thais don't know what a solid stool is so they wouldn't realize they had a problem. Worms are common here. Next time in the pharmacy ask the clerk how many worming pills they sell per week.

However there is a positive note. Women don't wear pantyhose. In the west almost every lady is encased in nylon. Anyone knows that the bacteria growth is greatly accentuated by pantyhose not to mention the smell (like an old urinal). It is almost as bad as a nylon football jersey. There are even some jobs in Thailand that don't require women to wear underwear. There is less bacteria growth as the air is circulated. That is of course the reason I am in Thailand. Always searching for better sanitation.

Probably need a few more snakes about to eat the rats........

As for pantihose is there not some food hygiene law in the West that ladies working in the catering industry wearing a dress/skirt must also wear pantihose........hence the reason why so many fast food outlets have female staff wearing trousers...

You see 'hygiene' can be detrimental too..... :)

As for pantihose is there not some food hygiene law in the West that ladies working in the catering industry wearing a dress/skirt must also wear pantihose........hence the reason why so many fast food outlets have female staff wearing trousers...

You see 'hygiene' can be detrimental too..... :)

I have never heard of one but they are state laws in US. I did run a restaurant at a nudist colony in Tampa and the health inspector had me but bottoms on the waitresses although they were all shaved. It made no sense to me. The cooks had to wear hats or hairnets unless they had shaved heads.

You see 'hygiene' can be detrimental too..... :D

I have never heard of one but they are state laws in US. I did run a restaurant at a nudist colony in Tampa and the health inspector had me but bottoms on the waitresses although they were all shaved. It made no sense to me. The cooks had to wear hats or hairnets unless they had shaved heads.

Can't imagine frying sausages with just a hairnet....wow that is a health and safety worry.....more the health of my own sausage.. :)

Ok, pantyhose are not normal attire in LOS, now can we work on the bra concept? The thin material used for blouses in combo bra less and short shorts and we could drive the social police into a real dither. Probably would get the rest of us out and about more just to get exercise, don't you see.

Ok, pantyhose are not normal attire in LOS, now can we work on the bra concept? The thin material used for blouses in combo bra less and short shorts and we could drive the social police into a real dither. Probably would get the rest of us out and about more just to get exercise, don't you see.

I'm with you on that. Mine wears underwear all day the as soon as she gets home its removed. so she knows whats good for her.

The removal process is some magic that doesnt let me see a thing tho. :)

Thai women with less than 2 kids should not be allowed to wear bra's in public!! :D