Re-entry Permit

On thaivisa.com's main site is says you need a re-entry permit if you have a short or long term extension on your visa and want to keep it.

I do not have an extension on my visa but do have a used single entry 90-day non imm b visa that I want to keep. There's a strong possibility I will get an extension on this 90-day non imm b visa AFTER I return.

My question is, can I get a multiple re-entry permit on this non-imm b visa? Thanks

Matt

Err so are you on a Non-imm B now? Are you in Thailand etc. etc.? If it's used how can you keep it? Once it's used (i.e. the 90 days are up and you've left the country) it's gone!

You really need to get the extension FIRST IMO! Then get the re-entry permit, otherwise you're counting your chickens well before they've hatched!

If you are here on a 90 day entry and will return before that 90 day entry is over then you may obtain a re entry permit to keep that entry alive until its normal date. If you are only going out of the country once a single re entry permit would be all that is required.

But Matt I got the impression you'd left on this Non-imm B? Where are you now, and what do you mean you 'hold' a Non-imm B? Do you mean you have a Non-imm B to BE activated on arrival?

I have not left Thailand yet, I am set to leave on March 7th....thus the reason behind me asking if I can/should get a re-entry permit.

I do NOT have a second non Imm b visa to be activative, and I am trying to save myself from having to buy another one. Thanks for all the help...this forum is quite the asset for newbies like me

Matt

Simply:

a) you need EITHER a (single or multiple) re-entry permit OR another visa to get back in the country at all;

:o any visa expires automatically once you leave unless you get a reentry permit (or one is built into the visa);

c) any multiple-entry permit you get before leaving will expire with an extension to your existing visa, so probably isn't worth the money, given its dates;

d) I think the guiding principle behind visa approvals is whether you are contributing more economically and/or socially to the country than you are costing. If you can prove legal employment and/or outside support, therefore, I wouldn't worry about whether you can stay - though you may end up on a tourist visa if you fall behind in your employment documentation.

I'd want to know how you got your existing B visa; it seems to me if you had the justification & documentation to get it to begin with it should be enough to get you an extension.

FWIW, you can also get re-entry permits at the airport (on your way OUT), (during business hours N.B.). Signifies to me that it isn't a big deal.

dc

Simply:

a) you need EITHER a (single or multiple) re-entry permit OR another visa to get back in the country at all;

:o any visa expires automatically once you leave unless you get a reentry permit (or one is built into the visa);

c) any multiple-entry permit you get before leaving will expire with an extension to your existing visa, so probably isn't worth the money, given its dates;

d) I think the guiding principle behind visa approvals is whether you are contributing more economically and/or socially to the country than you are costing. If you can prove legal employment and/or outside support, therefore, I wouldn't worry about whether you can stay - though you may end up on a tourist visa if you fall behind in your employment documentation.

I'd want to know how you got your existing B visa; it seems to me if you had the justification & documentation to get it to begin with it should be enough to get you an extension.

FWIW, you can also get re-entry permits at the airport (on your way OUT), (during business hours N.B.). Signifies to me that it isn't a big deal.

dc

Thanks mark...I think Single re-entry permit is what it's going to be for me. Thanks

Matt