Advice Please...i'm In A Very Difficult Situation.

MisterBeetle

Who gets an ultrasound at 2 months???

Women get an ultrasound when pregnant to confirm dates if they are unsure or to confirm a viable pregnancy if they are threatening to miscarry, also other reasons..

I thought all men knew that :D

Mind you some men still have difficulty finding the clitorus so their not expected to know every thing about a woman, or are we. :)

Edited by MB1

my thai wife did just that,ultrasound at 2 months, not sure if this is a thai thing,as her sister done the same when she was pregnant as well,

my wife found a nice but busy private clinic in rayong,not far from the hospital,ultrasound with photo 350bt cheap at half the price,

normally ultrasound +photo 250bt but as i was falang i was charged the extra 100bt for some unknown reason :) .

But seeing the ultrasound yesterday

..a Iesson for me to re-read, before i type! Sry :)

No worries..

Ultra sound at the early stages of pregnancy in my belief cause no harm. I didn't actually request it, but it was offered at the time by our Doctor and we thought why not!!

Not a lot to see of course that early, but it was nether the less a great thing to see our baby for the first time.

We purchased a ultrasound pack i guess you could call it, why 5 ultrasounds for the price of 4 or something like that.

To eggomaniac, a paternity test won't be necessary. My girlfriend is neither a bar girl or a money grabber.

Thanks again all.

my thai wife did just that,ultrasound at 2 months, not sure if this is a thai thing,as her sister done the same when she was pregnant as well,

my wife found a nice but busy private clinic in rayong,not far from the hospital,ultrasound with photo 350bt cheap at half the price,

normally ultrasound +photo 250bt but as i was falang i was charged the extra 100bt for some unknown reason :D .

Wow :) that is cheaper than what we are paying!!

Mind you Private hospitals in Bangkok can pretty much charge whatever they want!!

Our doctor did not offer us, or schedule our 1st ultrasound until 6 1/2 months and the 2nd one (3D) at 8 months. The 3D ultrasound is very cool. We have a DVD of it. They even have 4D now which we were offered but it was very expensive. The 3D was 2500 Baht while the 4D was around 4000 Baht.

Our doctor did not offer us, or schedule our 1st ultrasound until 6 1/2 months and the 2nd one (3D) at 8 months. The 3D ultrasound is very cool. We have a DVD of it. They even have 4D now which we were offered but it was very expensive. The 3D was 2500 Baht while the 4D was around 4000 Baht.

Wow, you get to see the baby grow old before your eyes? :)

No worries..

Ultra sound at the early stages of pregnancy in my belief cause no harm. I didn't actually request it, but it was offered at the time by our Doctor and we thought why not!!

Not a lot to see of course that early, but it was nether the less a great thing to see our baby for the first time.

We purchased a ultrasound pack i guess you could call it, why 5 ultrasounds for the price of 4 or something like that.

To eggomaniac, a paternity test won't be necessary. My girlfriend is neither a bar girl or a money grabber.

Thanks again all.

Best of luck.  I'm glad you trust your g/f so much.  I hope it doesn't end up mis-placed (i.e., hope for the best but prepare for the worst-I did and ended up on the former side).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
To the op, you have received a mixed bag of replies here, half of them is good advice the rest is <deleted>.

your child will get a thai passport and a passport from your native country. its irelevant whether your married or not the child will still get his/her passport

Depending on what cuntry you are from a marriage is very relevant. I dont claim to know the legislation of every cuntry in the world, but being Danish and the father of a 3 month old girl I do know that my daughter can only apply for a Danish passport after I marry my Thai gf. Even with my name, signature and passport details on her birth sertificate she can never become Danish unless I marry the mother. OP make sure you check with you embassy for the rules in your cuntry.

Oh and remember it's your life. If you can live with lying to get a divorce do so, if you know it would eat you up inside, don't. Don't let others sence of morality decide for you, thay don't know you and neither do I, make the decision you feel comfortable with.

And good luck with the baby, hope you will enjoy fatherhood as much as I do

Women get an ultrasound when pregnant to confirm dates if they are unsure or to confirm a viable pregnancy if they are threatening to miscarry, also other reasons..

I thought all men knew that :D

Mind you some men still have difficulty finding the clitorus so their not expected to know every thing about a woman, or are we. :)

yep and some women cant spell it.

clito'r'us, a toys'r'us type business for marital aids