" Farang Murder Trial In Final Stages - Dale Henry"

caf

Can a moderator change the title of this thread given that events have moved on and that the actual trial is now taking place. Monday and Tuesday will be crucial final days.

It is not just a case of a thai woman out on bail. Three people are on trial for the murder of a farang. Dale Henry.

The usual regular posters - who have a contribution to make on this thread - have not visited. I think because of the headline.

What about " Farang murder trial in final stages - Dale Henry"

Hope you can consider this. Many want these perpetrators brought to justice and the more support for the family from TV the better.

Thanks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am happy to report some more positive news than we have been able to report thus far. Things really changed at the courthouse after making alot of noise with the Canadian Embassy. We had to get serious with them as a last ditch attempt. Richard was feeling quite alone and fearful with no security at all. Him getting accused in court of following and scaring a woman at tesco/lotus, although when he recognized her he got scared and hurried out of there thinking others might be around. The hitman got up to go to Richard and luckily a policeman was waiting in the court to give testimony and he stopped him. Not even a security guard in the court. After that I was so afraid for my brother's life, I wrote a letter under one cover and sent it to our Embassy, NCCC (Thai counter corruption), all the media outlets, my lawyer. Also brought up the insurance will never leave North America and if anyone had any further questions about the insurance please direct it to my lawyer. It would be different had his policies been held in Thailand. What a difference a day makes!!

Today turns out to be the last day needed for trial. Richard packed his car before going to court. He called when all was done while he is driving far away from Ranong. He said it was so different. Everyone entering had to produce I.D. No one allowed to wander any halls, security in the courtroom etc.

Jinda Sae Tae (hitman) took the stand and it came out that he did write and sign a statement. He said the police threatened to hit him with something. He also admitted to being paid. When asked if he had any court to attend, it turns out he has another murder trial on Aug 07/09. The mother of Nee also has been able to think she could do what she wanted, she got up to go and see a policemans child during the proceedings and the judge yelled at her to sit down and don't get up again. She remained somber and lost her smile. (she was in the home at the time of the murder.)

The next court date for verdict is set for August 27/09.

Thanks all for positive input, support in honour of Dale.

Dale was a very happy, generous fellow. He loved his life and it made him so happy to be able to provide well for Nee and her family. None of them needed anything. His monthly salary was more than enough ($10,000.00 US). Right up to 2 days before he died, he had e-mails to his "Darling Nee" other's to friends of his saying how he was so lucky to have such a great wife! Another telling Nee that he didn't care how much a better roof was for the home he bought for her Mother...he said Mom deserves the best. Also in his mail was a letter arranging boat plans, he was going to finally build one. One of his big dreams since he was young...Such a shame...he would have accomplished so much more and made a positive difference in many lives. Anyone who met him liked him. If you sat in a pub...never never did you pay for anything. If you were an ass or hurt an animal, that's a different story... just a little insight to Dale's charachter.

R.I.P. Dale

Started a new thread here, as new developments take place .

Thanks Roo; hope we now get some of the regulars reading the site.

Earlier I could not find this new thread (as Mary Jane also commented). glad to see it's still up there.

I've been looking for the original long thread from the start but couldn't find it, i'm glad that this is back on show, i remember the day i read this, it was the day i woke up.

This was the first and original thread which started April 2, 2008; unfotunately it had to be closed because of family reasons.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Canadian-Bru...ng-t167737.html

LaoPo

i've just read about this after googling his name.

What a story....10,000USD per month and not there half the time and this still wasn't good enough..

a very very sad story about humans and greed..

What a story....10,000USD per month and not there half the time and this still wasn't good enough..

Completely agree with you here, this is a prime example of pure evil. Beyond greed.

Completely agree with you here, this is a prime example of pure evil. Beyond greed.

Yes but things are well beyond that now, from the brief notes ive read of the court case on TV it sounds as if theyre guilty as sin ... ie by changing their story all the time ... so lets hope the law shows some justice to his family so they can, maybe live a bit easier then theyve had to over the last year or so.

Yes but things are well beyond that now, from the brief notes ive read of the court case on TV it sounds as if theyre guilty as sin ... ie by changing their story all the time ... so lets hope the law shows some justice to his family so they can, maybe live a bit easier then theyve had to over the last year or so.

yes, they.ve gone through hel_l

but pressure from this forum ( by not letting the matter drop) and the embassy is changing things. for example, there was actually some security and respect for people's feelings at the last hearing.

The Trial has been completed with all three of the accused found guilty......Sentencing will occur 27th August

Well that is good news, now let's hope they get the sentence that they deserve.

Sorry if I missed it but are they being held in custody or are they going to be given the same chance to flee that so many other murderers here get?

That is a good question, hopefully the courts have used a little bit of common sense on this.

The Trial has been completed with all three of the accused found guilty......Sentencing will occur 27th August

If you scroll down to post 270 by MaryJane it says the verdict is August 27th .... which statment is correct ???

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Woman-C...html&st=250

I think MJ is right and that only one of the accused is in custody. the rest on bail

Maybe some one can clarify.

I have followed these events from the original news paper post. I have been amazed by it all and inspired by the tenacity of Dale's family. I only wish I could have helped in some small way. From what I have read Dale was like a great, generous and caring guy. I am pleased to see that all will get what they deserve, the muderous crew will get punished and Dales family will get justice, and just maybe this example will stop this type of thing happening in the future.

Edited by waza

Who is locked up? Well I'll know if the gun man isn't. When he passes here on his bike, the b'stard always toots his horn. :)
I talked to a friend this morning. I asked if they were all 3 were released to go home. She said that that was the case.

Waza did you read the two posts above. It appears that they have been allowed out. Can't see them returning on the 27th can you? This is really sad.

Cheers, Rick