" Farang Murder Trial In Final Stages - Dale Henry"

caf

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a friend this morning. I asked if they were all 3 were released to go home. She said that that was the case.

They are due for sentencing on the 27th they havent been found guilty, read the thread on the news forum.

I know but the gunman is on trial (started yesterday), for another murder he carried out. I've seen him tonight at a wake. Or what ever the correct term is here.

Hi,

Thank you all for taking an interest and keeping interest. I am so glad to see Dale's friends jumped back on board. It has been a real rollercoaster ride.

They have not been found guilty, the verdict will be read on August 27th. These three monkey's have not been behind bars for this since last year. Last one being released July/08. It's pretty obvious that Dale's bonus money (deposited after Dale's passing) was used for their freedom. They will not see another penny and it has been made well known to all authorities. This will hopefully stop any incentive for corruption to feed the decisions to come. These people need to be behind bars and don't deserve the freedom they have had so far to further damage what Dale did have left...it was a big smack in the face. Such dishonourable people who really cared nothing about Dale. The mother having the nerve to tell Richard that Dale owed her money, but Richard could take one of his dogs!! Someone said EVIL...it couldn't be anything less. It is so hard for me to comprehend this depth of evil...right from the pits of hel_l.

Did anyone find out what happened in Jinda's other murder trial on the 7th?

Yes you have read that correctly. I believe it was around $25,000. U.S. Richard is in the works of obtaining the camera photos from the bank. The police did not want to assist. He has the bank info etc. Withdrawls made 6x/day for 10 days, while the three were still in jail. Sickening.

Is there a "Proceeds of Crime" statute in Thai law?

As I understand this case, it is a murder trial so there are no proceeds of crime.

As dale was married half his post-married assets belong to her anyway ( with a few exceptions like gifts tools of trade). And in farang-thai marriages judges tend to apply different guidelines.

Is there a "Proceeds of Crime" statute in Thai law?

As I understand this case, it is a murder trial so there are no proceeds of crime.

As dale was married half his post-married assets belong to her anyway ( with a few exceptions like gifts tools of trade). And in farang-thai marriages judges tend to apply different guidelines.

Richard has been co-executor with her Mother for some time now, although has thus far not been successful in getting any assets. Yesterday in the civil court he was granted sole executor...this doesn't carry the same heavy handed ways for recovery that it would in North America. But she did offer up a dog.

So sorry at your loss.

At times words fail me with regard to Thailand and the way it treats foreigners and this case is yet another example of how arrogant, ignorant and corrupt they are where farangs are concerned.

I’ve lived in Thailand for 13 years and at this moment in time I’m in the process of leaving and heading back to the UK for good, probably never to return, more so as I never want to find myself in the sort of situation that happen all too often when farangs find themselves on the receiving end of a corrupt and prejudice judicial system that favors Thai nationals over foreigners irrespective of their wrong doings.

Time for me to close the door, turn the lights off and leave.

RIP to Dale

Edited by nam-thip

So sorry at your loss.

At times words fail me with regard to Thailand and the way it treats foreigners and this case is yet another example of how arrogant, ignorant and corrupt they are where farangs are concerned.

I've lived in Thailand for 13 years and at this moment in time I'm in the process of leaving and heading back to the UK for good, probably never to return, more so as I never want to find myself in the sort of situation that happen all too often when farangs find themselves on the receiving end of a corrupt and prejudice judicial system that favors Thai nationals over foreigners irrespective of their wrong doings.

RIP to Dale

Awww...thank you so much :) I think you are making a very intelligent decision, sadly so. There is far too many horrible stories involving murder and corruption ( or accidents) with the farang population. I was there last year, it is such a beautiful Country. Unfortunately, not a place I felt safe in. If it were different, I would probably take many vacations there.

They need to plant the seed of change, I really hope this upcoming verdict may be one of those seeds that will undoubtedly be a great example to others in that Country. It will also show the many nations watching that there is hope for Justice. I have even been anonymously approached about a book and a documentary. So this is being very closely watched.

I remember a conversation with one of the expats in town. We were discussing Dale and the people involved.

J "How do you feel knowing the gunman lives nearby Steve?"

Me"Well it's not good is it? However the only thing that makes us different is, I know who the gunmen are up there. Every one of us who has a Thai wife or girlfriend is in the same boat. If they need a problem dealing with, they all know of someone who will do it."

His eyes widened, but then after a minute he admitted I was right.

I also remember the first time I clapped eyes on the gunman. The house had just been finished, we were sat out front drinking coffee. My wife is describing some of the locals.

"That's Iat, he looks after the water, that's Fat, he fixes the electric. That's Yo, he builds houses, that's Pay. He kills people." It was so matter of fact, just describing a normal day's activity.

For what it's worth, I hope you continue to have the strength to see this through. Although, the subject is "Dale" and your loss, your perseverance, courage and tenacity acts to protect a great many of us, whether we wish to believe it or not. Thank you, for trying to ensure that justice is seen.

Thank you....Richard is far more courageous than I. He has been in Thailand for 6 months now vowing to see this through. Sure he gets nervous, especially when they are all free and even in the courtroom Jinda got up to approach Richard out of anger. He does not stay in one place too long, never takes the same route twice...etc.

I am in Canada with my big mouth, letter writing, television interviews. I am so camera shy but have to do it. We need it to remain in the public/government eye.

All the positive energy sure helps. Thank you ALL.

So sorry at your loss.

I've lived in Thailand for 13 years and at this moment in time I'm in the process of leaving and heading back to the UK for good, probably never to return, more so as I never want to find myself in the sort of situation that happen all too often when farangs find themselves on the receiving end of a corrupt and prejudice judicial system that favors Thai nationals over foreigners irrespective of their wrong doings.

RIP to Dale

Awww...thank you so much :) I think you are making a very intelligent decision, sadly so. There is far too many horrible stories involving murder and corruption ( or accidents) with the farang population. I was there last year, it is such a beautiful Country. Unfortunately, not a place I felt safe in. If it were different, I would probably take many vacations there.

They need to plant the seed of change, I really hope this upcoming verdict may be one of those seeds that will undoubtedly be a great example to others in that Country. It will also show the many nations watching that there is hope for Justice. I have even been anonymously approached about a book and a documentary. So this is being very closely watched.

MaryJane,

If you could ever turn a major negative into even the slightest of a positive, it would be very good to see this entire tragic story become both a book and a documentary. It would be good to draw as many peoples attention as possible to this sort of thing & may just be the card that prevents just 'one other' person from suffering Dales fate.

To see these rotten murderous baaastards rot in jail would be one thing, it would be another to warn others worldwide & perhaps Dale may not have died in vain.

Dale was a very lucky man to have such wonderful brothers and sister, you should be proud of yourselves. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May Dale RIP.

MaryJane,

If you could ever turn a major negative into even the slightest of a positive, it would be very good to see this entire tragic story become both a book and a documentary. It would be good to draw as many peoples attention as possible to this sort of thing & may just be the card that prevents just 'one other' person from suffering Dales fate.

To see these rotten murderous baaastards rot in jail would be one thing, it would be another to warn others worldwide & perhaps Dale may not have died in vain.

Dale was a very lucky man to have such wonderful brothers and sister, you should be proud of yourselves. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May Dale RIP.

Hear, hear neverdie - well said. :)

I can't really add anymore to it than that.

Thank you for those well thought out words! Brought tears to my eyes.

...tears are emotions the heart can't speak.

You are so right, we can't change what happened, so even the slightest positive difference this horrible crime can make, will be bittersweet.

Anxiously awaiting August 27th!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I even found it rather difficult to read the screen on my laptop after reading these thoughtful posts ....I was in Ranong civil court on August 10 and was granted sole executorship of my brothers estate not that it means much as Manerat was given ample time to dispose of assets. But with that being said I can still apply to the courts to order her to bring assets to the court which will be time consuming if judged by any of the past subpeonas...It is just a matter of pressing on and letting nothing slide as she will benefit if I do....After lots of research I did find the Harley it was apparently at XXL Big Bikes in Phuket City but after having been there on numerous occassions as of late it has dissapeared...it seems to be quite a hot potato as of late...anyways the civil stuff is ongoing as it will remain. After my court hearing I also had a visit with the police investigator who I filed the complaint with in regards to money stolen from my brothers personal bank account with the withdrawals begining the day after his murder and the very last withdrawal on July 20, 2008 just to remove the last 400 baht the majority of the money was successively withdrawn shortly after his death....I had to complain to the Canadian embassy as the officer I filed the complaint with said there was not enough reason to proceed with the case but he has now proceeded and he has applied to the Head office of the bank for photographs of whoever withdrew the money, the picures have not yet arrived but he did show us other pictures form another case and the images were suprisingly clear...it will be nice to figure out who this person was as Nee was incarcerated for the majority of withdrawals...Anyways the court date for that proceeding is on September 07, 2009. Sorry to get off the topic of the trial but it is all relevant to the case against her and what I have to do to keep her pockets empty but the lawyers full...If she is convicted on August 27, 2009 she could still apply for an appeal bail and I am not going to let that happen if I can....If I spend money on lawyers so does she... The trial was a little weird certainly nothing you would expect in a western style court...?? Anyways evidence was given the confessions of Nee and her boyfreind were presented as well as the pictures of re-inactment of money being handed over her boyfreind pointing to a picture of Jinda on a wall of photographs etc. there was also video confessions on a cd which were presented to the judge as evidence but were never shown to the defense or court...the defense lawyers began asking about the video in the afternoon, they were presented in the morning, and the judge retorted loudly, you want to see it, you want to see it...at that moment the court became silent and not a peep was said about the video thereafter...?? I will be visiting with the prosecution soon as he is going to give me copies of the proceedings and I will question this as it is really puzzling...I asked the investigating officer the other day and he just shrugged it off....the court system here is certainly not what I am used to....it semed more a stage of theatrics for the defense....they all had there characters...Nee's lawyer who would ask a question then do a little dance then await an answer....Jinda's lawyer who was constantly late, he didn't even show up one afternoon but when he examined a witness he spoke so fast...then Nee's boyfreind's lawyer who spoke so loud and was basically coachng his clients testimony on the stand....Things that stand out right now, I've been up since 3:30 am, were the fact that Nee and her boyfreind were together before her marriage to my brother they said they were not in contact but the judge was presented with call records from Nee's phone....the defense for Nee said she was coerced into signing the original confessions and then said she signed blank pages, amonsak, her boyfreind said the police threatened him with electric probes so out of fear he also signed blank pages of paper....Jinda also used the same defense and said he was threatened with a microphone stand so he also signed blank pages of paper....Nee's mother testified saying her and Nee were upstairs when this happened, Nee testified she was confronted by the attackers who made her lie on the floor and told her not to look around, it took them 30 minutes till the mother finally went accross the street to the government mans house a one minute walk...I checked the other day....Jinda's girlfreind testified he was at home in bed around midnight of the shooting, another man, a witnes for Jinda testified he saw Jinda at a funeral that night at around midnight, another witness for him said she saw him around midnight and then again around two in the moning when she said he asked her to make him some soup....his girlfreind said he was in bed around midnight...there are so many holes in all the stories I will be very suprised if there are no convictions....Anyways thats about it for now...Its been a long haul and not a lot of sleep...my life has become consumed by all this and waking up at 3 a.m thinking and more thinking.....is this the end or just the begining ??

Hopefully Richard, your family and Dale's friends are seeing a welcome outcome to all this. I think the Thais are very uncomfortable with all this publicity. JST is from what I hear a very scared man just now.

Thanks for the info Mosha....hopefully these people get what they deserve...it would be nice to visit and not be constantly aware of what is around me....I do know pretty much every hotel in Ranong now....I think if Jinda (as well as Manerat and Amonsuk)are convicted a lot of people will breath easier....

Thanks for the info Mosha....hopefully these people get what they deserve...it would be nice to visit and not be constantly aware of what is around me....I do know pretty much every hotel in Ranong now....I think if Jinda (as well as Manerat and Amonsuk)are convicted a lot of people will breath easier....

...and we can all meet up in Sophon's for a beer or 3.

.....is this the end or just the begining ??

If I were to have lost a loved one in this manner, I don't know if I could ever see an end.

Based upon the TVF dialog, if there were a more open and shut case, I have yet to see it. I hope that the prosecution realizes the ramifications if there are not convictions for those involved and penalties to the fullest extent of the law. I think the fact that the accused have been allowed to post bail and roam free for these many months, is a travesty of the Thai legal system. To me, the decision to put a mass murderer back out on the street is incomprehensible.

I wish strength for you and your family in going forward and supporting the prosecution in the quest for justice. I hope that you would be able to sleep well knowing that you done everything in your power to seek justice and closure, and that you and MJ have shown great courage in sharing your story and pain in this forum. And I hope that when all is said and done, you and your family will be able to find some inner peace and move forward with the rest of your lives.

Thank you Richard, for the update.

I have a lot of respect the way you handled -and still do- the case of your brother. It must have been an immense task for someone from so far away who is not accustomed to the legal system in Thailand and being under constant fear from the side of the "suspects"

Lots of respect and hats off! :)

PS: did you and Mary-Jane receive my email to your personal email addresses, I sent yesterday (August 12th) ?

If not please PM me and I will send you a copy.

LaoPo

I don't even know if Jinda (mass murderer) did have to post any bail whatsoever...when he was released the Canadian Embassy told us that he was released on a temperary release or something like that...???It is all kind of fishy and I think there is more to it as initially one of the big cops in Ranong(moved now or transferred as I haven't seen him in a long time) told me there was also someone else involved which they haven't caught yet....but they were looking....a cover-up of some sort was in the works but the story changed as time went on and eyes and ears were watching and listening...there was never anyone else it was these three that was it....I don't know what kind of power this Jinda guy had but he had some friends helping him but in the end he was abandoned....who knows This is Thailand.....Hopefully the constant court appearances having to share the same space with my brothers murderers as they walk freely is coming to an end it will make me feel a whole lot better facing Nee in civil court when she is in handcuffs coming in from the back room......

Edited by richardshane

I don't even know if Jinda (mass murderer) did have to post any bail whatsoever...when he was released the Canadian Embassy told us that he was released on a temperary release or something like that...???It is all kind of fishy and I think there is more to it as initially one of the big cops in Ranong(moved now or transferred as I haven't seen him in a long time) told me there was also someone else involved which they haven't caught yet....but they were looking....a cover-up of some sort was in the works but the story changed as time went on and eyes and ears were watching and listening...there was never anyone else it was these three that was it....I don't know what kind of power this Jinda guy had but he had some friends helping him but in the end he was abandoned....who knows This is Thailand.....Hopefully the constant court appearances having to share the same space with my brothers murderers as they walk freely is coming to an end it will make me feel a whole lot better facing Nee in civil court when she is in handcuffs coming in from the back room......

Hi Richard

I cant believe all that I have read, You are a very BRAVE man to say the least! I read in one of the post that Nee offered one of the Dogs up to you? What the heck is that all about??? You and MJ are always in my thoughts I PRAY they never see an opened door that they can freely come and go from or the light of day for that matter!