Thaksin Supporters Claim 5.6m Signatures

george

I didn't see any molotov cocktails in any red meeting, at least in 4 big meetings I have gone to.

Abhisit and Suthep already left the Interior Ministry before the reds arrived on 12th April. Thai pbs has videos to prove it.

Koo you are so brainwashed it is unbelievable. I spend 3 days photographing at the protests. At Din Daeng amongst other places. Here are 19 pictures I donated to Wikimedia:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category...est_in_Thailand

I saw:

Molotov Cocktails when I photographed the reds at the reds side.

I was shot at:

By the reds when I was standing behind the military.

I saw total outrage by Din Daeng residents after the army disabled the gas truck and towed it away.

I spoke to the "red" whom had driven the truck there!! I speak pretty good Thai so it was no problem for me to speak to them.

Nothing of this I have from the media. I know it because I was there!

W

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - The author of this article, John Le Fevre, is a well known red shirt sympathiser. Previously known on here as Photojourn.

Facts quoted in the OP to be taken with as much salt as a recent Bangkok Post poll.

/edit - attach best image I can find:

Then you clearly haven't read enough of what I've written. :D :D

Yeah, I had problems getting past the one titled "Thailand Prime Minister dead man walking as Asean leaders flee Pattaya"....

What next? Suthep Swims With The Fishes For Taking Leave...?

Which was pretty similar to what everyone else in the world wrote after Pattaya. But hey, if you think he was at his pinnacle then who am I to disagree with such a dyed in the wool government supporter.

Now I'm waiting to see the host of a G8 summit run away and leave the remaining seven behind because it's so good for their career prospects.

:)

1. Din Daeng: The residents had enough of "the idiotic gas tanker situation" (strange way to descibe what could have been a lethal situation) and fought off the reds.

I didn't post about gas tankers since 23rd April because I can't find a photo of the one parked in front of Pullman King Power Hotel.

Watch this video from 2nd minute, you'll hear:

The gas tanker at Din Daeng has plate # 81-9629 from Thanawin Service Company

Address: 38/513 Moo 6 Thasai, Nonthaburi

Owners: Mr. Saengthawi Thanadamrongsak and Ms. Prani Thanadamrongsak.

The other gas tanker first was parked at Sri Ayuthaya Monk Hospital but didn't work, so was moved to Pullman King Power Hotel

Plate number: 96-6747 from Chang Building Service Limited.

Address: 1743 Phahonyothin Rd., Latyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok

Owners: Mr. Saengthawi Thanadamrongsak and Ms. Prani Thanadamrongsak.

The one at Pullman will be seen at 5th minute with 3 security men a few meters away and were in peace, if not joy. No reds at all is seen. Did Pullman report they were in danger of being blown up?

Do you believe the reds hijacked 2 gas tankers of the same owners?

The gas tanker at Din Daeng has plate # 81-9629 from Thanawin Service Company

3 photos I found from the internet. One with the plate being bent to hide identity. People who knows about gas tankers told the reds via People Channels that gas tankers did not have much gas as they were easily driven and parked. The persons who drove the gas tanker must be specialized. Not anyone can drive gas tankers.

3448932283_cae4fdf3e0.jpg3448928177_8b58f83e38.jpg

3449761036_bfee9c3bd5.jpg

From these details, I will say a million times that the reds have never wanted any violence. The gas tanker story was done by the fake reds to add up to the one sided media during Black Songkran.

They didn't give the reds a chance to defense because they blocked all red tv, radio and websites. And they say they are democratic.

:) Luckily I watched D-Station that day before it was closed. The man holding gun is a red leader. He showed the gun the reds took from Interior Ministry and said the reds were shot at IM.

Next someone can show a photo reds bringing guns that they took from soldiers on 12th April to Police and commented Police caught reds having guns :D

In your other 3 photos, 3 of them covered face. I don't deny many reds are violent, but I don't accept if you say "anyone caught wearing red is the reds". Don't you know there were many fake reds during Black Songkran? The real reds seldom cover face in April. Recently they do because of the flu.

Right! Which is it Koo? You say two things now. The guy is a leader and he say's this is the gun that was used to fire at the red shirts. The next sentence you say something different about the gun. Personally, I don't believe either story.

I am finally glad to see you admit for a change that "many reds are violent," and the photos say it all. If many reds are violent as you now admit, does that make them a thug?

You misunderstood.

When I said "Next someone can show a photo reds bringing guns that they took from soldiers on 12th April to Police and commented Police caught reds having guns :D ", I didn't mean in this topic.

This is a thought that someone in the future may show a photo having guns, the reds, and police and comments that the reds were caught having guns.

One of the reasons I go with the reds is they don't want violence like the yellows. If the reds say they must use violence to attack Democrat Party, I never join them. I don't want to die.

Can someone show me a photo the reds have guns and use guns to shoot? My guess is no. The reds don't do that because as soon as the reds are seen with guns, Abhisit will have a reason to clear the red protest.

Jingthing,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUookwKLG5I

What's your comments when PAD occupied Government House 3 months and 2 main airports for a week?

Either you really do not know, or you want me to rewrite an old story all over again. Did you know, that all peaceful demostrations of the PAD to oust the illegitimate government lead to nothing, until - six month a f t e r the election committee found evidenve of vote buying by the PPP - the PAD moved to the airport?

Are you aware of the consequences of vote buying in Thailand, according to the constitution? Why did the illegitimate government did not clear their chairs in the parliament in the first place, but tried to undertake every possible step, including the changing of the constitution, to remain in power?

Here is the answer: The PPP, Samak, and Thaksin have no understanding of democracy, or even the political intentl to obey democratical rules, otherwise they would have accepted the ruling of the election committee in the first place, and not would have clinged to power. The occupation of the airport by the PAD was their last but then successful attempt to enforce the institutional law.

Soon these facts will be explained in the history books of Thailand. I then will buy you one, so you won't forget.

With rare exception there's been very little advocacy among posters concerning the PAD/Yellow Shirts at any point in time over a considerable period of time (months; years).

Concerning the PAD/Yellow Shirts, some posters at some times have expressed some sympathy and understanding of the Yellows but few have expressed approval of the actions of the Yellows/PAD. Neither can I think of very many posters, if any, who advocate and spur on the PAD/Yellows in their actions or encourage them to do more. Indeed, few IF ANY here hold a true belief in the PAD's/Yellow's cause as we've come to know it.

However, posters who speak well of the Red Shirt/UDD are enthusiastic in their support, absolute in their belief the Reds are right and are aggressive in their support and defense of the Reds/UDD. Posters who support the Reds/UDD haven't any reservations or concerns that even once in a while the Reds/UDD might be out of line. Pro-Red/UDD posters actively deny, deny, deny that the Reds/UDD can or have done any wrong anywhere or anytime.

It's just that this difference is clear to me and therefore raises my interest and curiousity.

Edited by Publicus

Funny you think only Khun Thaksin's party bought votes.

Check the fact that supporters of Khun Thaksin are from all provinces and mainly at the North and Isaan, when supporters of Democrat Party are mainly from the South. My estimation is Democrat Party wins 30% only. The rest are with Thai Rak Thai.

Have you ever wondered why recently Democrat Party didn't have any meeting at Sanam Luang? Because fans are too few. The reds easily fill Sanam Luang so people often set up long lines of tents to divide the area, not wanting the reds to capture photos Sanam Luang is full.

I don't understand why you call them thugs.

Molotov cocktails.

Attacks on PM Abhisit's life.

Closing down the Asean summit by mob.

Murder of poor market workers.

Repeating threats to murder yellow sympathizers in red regions.

Attacking PAD at Makawan to give Samak his SOEmergency. One red died

Lobbing grenades several times in dead of night into G. House PAD encampment, killing several

Udon Thani attacks on PAD and Dem rallies, actual dozens across the north and north east.

Including over powered attempt to disrupt Abhisits Buri Ram visit

Red's killed pro Dem radio host father in Chaing Mai, on video no less.

Violently attacking the Parliament when Abhist was trying to make his Government statement

Stoning MP's cars with paving blocks... on TELEVISION

Chaing Mai police station riot because a man with a gun tried to enter the airport, but they LIKE him.

Thugs from Hindu Thuggie

thug

1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

[Hindi ṭhag, perhaps from Sanskrit sthagaḥ,

a cheat, from sthagati, sthagayati, he conceals; see (s)teg- in Indo-European roots.]

thug'ger·y n., thug'gish adj.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language

Transferred sense of "ruffian, cutthroat" first recorded 1839.

The more correct Indian name is phanseegur,

and the activity was described in Eng. as far back as c.1665.

Well there is a perfect picture to illustrate, but I can't find it.

Red shirts with machetes and sling shot about to attack PAD Sept 1 before Samak's SOE.

this topic.

One of the reasons I go with the reds is they don't want violence like the yellows.

If the reds say they must use violence to attack Democrat Party, I never join them. I don't want to die.

Truly from an alternate universe comes one of the most absurd statements I have seen here yet.

Incidentally, I have a sneaking suspicion that T himself reads and may even contribute to this forum.

haha , i think he would have better things to do with his time :)

ha ha indeed. What sorts of things might T do during his waking hours? He probably plays golf, checks the balances on his numbered accounts in Caribbean and Europe, gets a massage and perhaps a swim at the pool at his Dubai hotel. However, for all his faults, he's not stupid, and one could imagine he'd be interested in what people in Thailand are saying about him on public forums. Granted, farang can't vote nor hold power positions, but we do constitute a % of the resident population, and if you check newspaper articles, you'll see that a significant % of articles regard tourism and/or farang issues. It wouldn't surprise me one iota if T himself read this forum from time to time, or perhaps ardently. It also wouldn't surprise me if he himself contributed. It would surprise me if some of his close associates didn't keep their ear to the grapevine, so to speak. He wants to thaw out assets and return triumphantly to Thailand, he'd be a fool not to be curious about what people are thinking and saying about him - even powerless farang on the fringes, some of whom write letters to newspapers and possibly influence the public debate.

One of the reasons I go with the reds is they don't want violence like the yellows. If the reds say they must use violence to attack Democrat Party, I never join them. I don't want to die.

Koo, I hope you don't die either. I read your posts and try to compare it to something in my lexicon. The best I can come up with is Nixon and his followers during their last weeks in the White House, about 1972. They would deny deny deny, despite mounting evidence showing otherwise. With words, a smart person can deny or twist anything around. As an intellectual exercise, I could prove that the sun is cold or that water is not wet, if I so chose.

Koo, if it could somehow be shown to you that some Reds use violence, would you really quit their cause? (as you mention above). I don't believe you. If you don't see the violence perpetrated by the Reds, then you're looking with eyes (and mind) tightly shut.

Violently attacking the Parliament when Abhist was trying to make his Government statement

Stoning MP's cars with paving blocks... on TELEVISION

I was there on the day Abhisit was trying to announce his policies at Parliament. The reds sat peacefully with food clappers left a one meter wide space for all MPs to walk through and entered Parliament but Democrat Party did not dare. So the reds made it 2 meters. But they didn't dare too. And they secretly went to Foreign Ministry to announce. Constitutional Law forces new PM to announce policies in Parliament only, unless in the meeting in Parliament they decided to move the venue.

Unlike the yellows on 7th October last year until police had to use tear gas and PAD injured so many policemen.

Stoning MP's cars: yes, on 15th Dec last year. Because Abhisit's party did not gain biggest votes after a general election. But the reds were charged quickly after that. I don't know why the yellows are still not going to court yet.

I didn't see any molotov cocktails in any red meeting, at least in 4 big meetings I have gone to....

They only went inside the resort with ping pong bombs collected from the spot to ask Abhisit why the blues attacked them.

....they were done with their submitting letter to the Summit and went back to Bangkok,

but on their way out, the blues blocked their way and attacked them....

....If there'd been no blues, the Summit would have been done nicely....

Other information I have was the reds in Chiangmail killed a yellow because yellows came in to ask for problems.

Why didn't the yellows avoid the reds knowing Chiangmai is a strong red base?

Well let's see.

Why would the Reds bring molotov cocktails to their OWN rally?

Well they are not likely to bomb themselves so unlikely koo would see MC's at a big rally

The Reds ONLY brought PING PONG bombs to the ASEAN summit

and only wanted to TALK to Abhisit about why blues attacked them...

But then you say the Blues attacked when they were LEAVING...

oops time moves in reverse in your world I guess.

Why bring ping pong bombs at all to TALK....

no reasoe, bombs are only good for hurting or intimidating

Oh so, the BLUES disrupted the summit, and not the Reds now...

Topsy Turvy world.

We saw reds attacking the building in pictures and video,

and Blues standing blocking the street TO the resort , not away from the resort

BEFORE the Red's got there.

All reports said the Blues blocked the road, since police conspicuously didn't show up...

and reds over powered thesmaller blue group,

and then thus enraged bashed into the building. Which is well documented.

So because Chaing mai is a strong red base this is

justification to kill yellows that ask about problems?

Or is coming to talk in red land asking for trouble, as opposed to just being free speech?

So daring to talk about anything NOT RED in Chaing Mai is now a CAPITAL OFFENCE?

If I were to dare to support the Democrats in Chaing mai, you would advocate it is OK TO KILL ME???

Koo , do you think I should DIE for not talking only RED politics in Chaing mai?

I feel truly sad for you Koo,

your so called friends can't even take the time to brief you properly.

They hand you a whole raft of illogical lies and spurious commentary that makes no sense,

and expect you to deliver it, and us to buy it whole cloth...They leave you to post that don't make sense,

nor hold to logic as the world understands it.

Sorry Koo, they leave you twisting in the wind all to often.

Edited by animatic

W,

This video shows a man who came to the gas tanker to take the fire extinguisher out and he did not wear red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUookwKLG5I

Your picture didn't show any red near that gas tanker.

Dear Koo I was there for hours as the whole event played out. I walked from The army lines to the red protesters and back a couple of times. I talked with the soldiers, I talked with the protesters (some were crying). Like I said I have a reasonable command of Thai. I know what I was told, the reds were proud that they had been able to get the truck there and they also had many Molotov Cocktails. I have 100's of pics but only those 19 I uploaded to the net as I do not want others to reap from my work.

As you can see in the pictures you also have your hijacked and burned out busses in there. I counted 11 personally.

I know what I saw during the mayhem. I know whom (at one point during the day) started shooting whom (the reds shot the military not vice versa) I know how the Din Daeng inhabitants felt (they actually also used guns when charging the reds after the gas truck was cleared away!). I have witnessed what a civil war could look like in Thailand if these things keep on going on. And it doesn't look pretty.

This BS should stop for Thailands sake. This is all about one person and his grab for power. IMHO release his 76 billion baht on the condition that he stays out of Thailand forever. After that Thailand can start solving its problems! And they have many. I have a kid here and my gf is pregnant for 9 months again. I want my kids to grow up in a nice place without all of this bull going on.

Abhisit is the countries best bet for that future. The people around him like Kasit and Newin are scum though! But he has to work with them for now.

I neither like Sondhi nor Thaksin for your info. Both are crooks in my book.

W

Koo, if it could somehow be shown to you that some Reds use violence, would you really quit their cause? (as you mention above). I don't believe you. If you don't see the violence perpetrated by the Reds, then you're looking with eyes (and mind) tightly shut.

I never deny that some reds are violent. I only said their main way is not to use violence to achieve the goal. This is why they can get so many supporters. If people know going with the reds may lead them to be bombed or shot, no one dares to join.

Because the reds do not block Government House and airports like the yellows, the reds are getting more and more supports.

I only defense with photos and video that things during Black Songkran such as hijacking buses to burn and hijacking gas tankers to threaten people were not done by real reds. Real reds might hijack some buses but not all 52.

Lets face it folks. Koo is a true believer and a red shirt could throw a Molotov cocktail directly at her and she would not only tell you a rationalization, she would BELIEVE it. You can still find lots of people in Italy who rave about Mussolini.

Edited by Jingthing

:) I don't deny many reds are violent...

One of the reasons I go with the reds is they don't want violence like the yellows.

Which is it?

post-6428-1249303458_thumb.jpg

Let me guess, the unarmed innocent person fell, and they're assisting him to get up.

post-6428-1249303980_thumb.jpg

One of the people injured by the reds.

post-6428-1249304065_thumb.jpg

After beating them, drag them lke pigs to a slaughterhouse. Not violent at all, I suppose.

post-6428-1249303996_thumb.jpg

Hit in the face with an axe.

Abhisit is the countries best bet for that future.

Are you joking?

Abhisit didn't even win an election.

7 months have passed. What has he done?

He is handsome, comes from good hiso family, had good education, speaks nicely but that is all about him. He doesn't dare to upset PAD, Newin, coalition parties and army because these people support him. What has he done to control the flu, to keep peace in the South, to keep fruit price not to drop like now, to keep rubber price up, to speed up manufacturing, to keep oil price down when the world oil price is down, and to create more jobs for people?

What business has he run successfully to show he can bring Thailand out of this economic crisis? I think politics is his only career and all he can do is to borrow money.

Funny you think only Khun Thaksin's party bought votes.

Check the fact that supporters of Khun Thaksin are from all provinces and mainly at the North and Isaan, when supporters of Democrat Party are mainly from the South. My estimation is Democrat Party wins 30% only. The rest are with Thai Rak Thai.

Have you ever wondered why recently Democrat Party didn't have any meeting at Sanam Luang? Because fans are too few. The reds easily fill Sanam Luang so people often set up long lines of tents to divide the area, not wanting the reds to capture photos Sanam Luang is full.

You may be even right. But I do not think, that this kind of change is any good for Thailand. At this point I have to refer to my own message above (#127), particulary the unsatisfactory mindset of the PPP towards democracy. BTW, would you trust a premier who tripled his personal wealth, starting from 700Mio USD, within three years?

From the history books of my home country, I do remember a passage, which reads translated in (my) English like this:

"Misled masses followed a leader, who then dismantled the young democracy to enforce his own targets, which led to the worst era the German nation had to live through."

As we know, this ineffable part of german history started to come to an end on June 6, 1944 at Omaha beach.

BTW, would you trust a premier who tripled his personal wealth, starting from 700Mio USD, within three years?

Why not?

Those who earn 5,000 Baht a month think I cheat because I work about 10 hours a week or less. Those who has never run a business and only depends on people's tax such as many Thai governments will never believe how Khun Thaksin could earn that much.

Fact: Khun Thaksin was rich before he became PM. He managed well, Thailand developed, foreigners trusted Thailand and invested, the stock price went up automatically and he earned from that.

He is not the kind of PM who only opens meetings to say "How much can we borrow for this period of time?"

One can note that PAD is stood down is not causing ANY problems in the street at all,

and is taking a higher road towards politics. Are they the right choice, doubtfully,

but they have ceased being a street movement and never were as martial as this

smallcollage of pictures would make it seem.

The reds on the other hand are all about mobilizing great numbers and creating fear to get their way.

And just for the newbies here that aren't working for Thaksin Inc.

The PAD grew more defensively strong in DIRECT response to continuous

escalating violent Red attacks on them. So most of those yellow images,

were of defensive groups, or same under attack.

Not all some few also thought a good defense is attacking BEFORE your enemy gets into position.

And when attacked by greater number, using greater force in response.

One reason the reds are trying so hard to re-write history here is

because they have looked so bad for so long they HAVE to attempt a

historical white-wash and hope some forget.

Edited by animatic

One reason the reds are trying so hard to re-write history here is

because they have looked so bad for so long they HAVE to attempt a

historical white-wash and hope some forget.

Yes that is what they are trying to do. Do not let them get away with it.

Edited by Jingthing

Is PAD so peaceful?

P7681079-29.jpg

This isn't about PAD anymore. Yes, compared to the reds, they are much more peaceful. If I'm not mistaken, Somchai Wongsawat and others from the PPP government are facing charges by the NCCC. The killing of Angkhana Radappanyawut at the hands of the red government (I use red since Somchai is an ardent supporter and speaker at their rallies) shows nothing but violence from the top on down.

Warning: The pics below are graphic, but illustrate the tactics used against peaceful protesters on October 7. I haven't seen these used against the reds.

post-6428-1249306661_thumb.jpg

All it took was a ping-pong bomb to do this. It was okay that the reds brought these type of bombs to greet the PM in Pattaya?

post-6428-1249306695_thumb.jpg

Internal organs crushed.

Edited by frodo

BTW, would you trust a premier who tripled his personal wealth, starting from 700Mio USD, within three years?

Why not?

Fact: Khun Thaksin was rich before he became PM. He managed well, Thailand developed,

foreigners trusted Thailand and invested, the stock price went up automatically and he earned from that.

He is not the kind of PM who only opens meetings to say "How much can we borrow for this period of time?"

FACT: He was the kind of PM who asked

'How much will you give me to let you do what you want'

Not, 'how much can I borrow'.

FACT: Sondhi L. took a Thaksin investment for a year or so

and then bought Thaksin shares out and made THAKSIN a billionaire for the first time.

With in a year or so more Thaksin cornholed him business wise in a BIG, BIG way.

FACT: Sondhi was starting a Satalite and Telecoms deal with Lao government,

and Thaksin made a point to ruin him coming up to the '97 crash.

Thaksin was so in tight with that government that he KNEW of the currency devaluation BEFORE it happen.

and hedged his money AGAINST the THAI BAHT. He bet against Thailand,

and made his 2nd huge score at Thailands expense.

Thaksin went into government because then HE could control the deals made,

and 'take the controler's cut', rather than pay people like Samak as communications minister,

to give his companies sweetheart deals.

Thaksin is filling a segment of the population's head's with lies, and some buy it.

Edited by animatic

frodo,

as utterly disturbing as it is,

thank you for a definitive post.

Thinking people can see the facts, just some come to

the situation a bit late in the day and some of us hate to see

this disinformation campaign sway normally clear thinking people .

even for a short time.

Koo your arguments are indefensible.