Thaksin Confident He Can Return To Thailand In 6 Months

churchill

:) I am sure the 'bullet' is waiting as soon as the man ventures to return, well that is what some Thais I know are saying, but hey, its all gossip surely...what can you believe, in the Thailand a westerner is not so much as in the dark but in the shadows, thank you Pico Ayr...Video Nights In Katmandu, a great read if you can get your hands on it... :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all know that I am pro-Thaksin and pro-democracy

Oxymoron if ever there was one.

I thought he and his government was elected by the populace?

Perhaps I missed something.

Yes you did miss something.

Democracy doesn't begin and end at the ballot box. It's not a device to be used to get into power and then to be forgotten about.

Thaksin did indeed come to power by democratic means, but then once in power he didn't act on behalf of the people, rather himself, his friends and family. In addition, he set about dismantling and interfering with all the agencies and bodies that were there to keep him in check and ensure all democratic values, such as freedom of the press, freedom of speech etc, remained intact.

Whilst in power he effectively silenced anyone who spoke out against him, using million baht law-suits and general intimidation and bully-boy tactics.

This isn't how democracy works; in fact it's not democracy at all, and anyone who points to merely success at the ballot box as being proof of the existence of a functioning democratic system is sadly misinformed.

But to cut your answer short I note you agree that he was in fact democratically elected as I said - sorry to be so misinformed.

And- if by some strange quirk of fate he was to be in a position to run for PM again- what do you think the result would be?

Thaksin also promised that he would return to serve the people by returning to politics.

:D ..This guy should be a stand up comic...Thaksin will "serve" the people, put his hand in the till and serve himself, the same as he did the first time round....

and the second time round :)

Oxymoron if ever there was one.

I thought he and his government was elected by the populace?

Perhaps I missed something.

Thaksin did indeed come to power by democratic means, but then once in power he didn't act on behalf of the people, rather himself, his friends and family. In addition, he set about dismantling and interfering with all the agencies and bodies that were there to keep him in check and ensure all democratic values, such as freedom of the press, freedom of speech etc, remained intact.

Whilst in power he effectively silenced anyone who spoke out against him, using million baht law-suits and general intimidation and bully-boy tactics.

This isn't how democracy works; in fact it's not democracy at all, and anyone who points to merely success at the ballot box as being proof of the existence of a functioning democratic system is sadly misinformed.

But to cut your answer short I note you agree that he was in fact democratically elected as I said - sorry to be so misinformed.

And- if by some strange quirk of fate he was to be in a position to run for PM again- what do you think the result would be?

Sadly at this point in time; destruction the nation as a whole,

via his creating conditions for civil war and acting on it for his own ends,

and eventual partition of the country based on Thaksin's political demarcations.

There are too many who will never again submit to being under his boot.

A true statesman. He will be missed. My condolences to the family

"Condolences to the family?"

"Statesman?"

"He will be missed."

Did some morally exemplary and globally respected international Thai humanitarian pass away?

No just another mini-hagiograph for Thaksin

from some newbie posting on TVF for hours, so far not even days.

Joined today, Post # 7

And the rest just building a rep in short bursts it appears...

#1 My condolences to the families 22:08:08 or 10 AM east coast USA time,

where the Thaksin PR firm is...

#2 My condolences to the Thai people.

Surly the final nail in the coffin for tourism. 22:09:22

#3 What a shame. If only Walter Cronkite were alive 22:11:17

#4 What a shame. My condolences 22:13:03

#5 My condolences to the Walker family 22:13:48

#6 Truly a tragedy. My condolences to the Thai people 22:14:30

#7 A true statesman. He will be missed.

My condolences to the family 22:15:21

Gee wiz; see the pattern?

1/2 hour rep building and off to another site to post.

One dig at the government and one plug for Thaksin.

And the rest boiler plate, building message count, and maybe looking sympathetic.

Blog infiltration 101

He sure hands out lots of condolences. :)

and eventual partition of the country based on Thaksin's political demarcations.

How do you see a civil war playing out? Do you see it being a blood-bath - innocent citizens being slaughtered? There are many foreigners residing in Thailand. Do you see embassies instructing their respective citizenry to leave? Never having been in a situation as this I am curious as to how risky it would be for expats who consider Thailand home.

How do you see a civil war playing out? Do you see it being a blood-bath - innocent citizens being slaughtered? There are many foreigners residing in Thailand. Do you see embassies instructing their respective citizenry to leave? Never having been in a situation as this I am curious as to how risky it would be for expats who consider Thailand home.

Nobody knows how civil war will play out if it occurs. The worse case scenarios are of course totally possible.

Nobody knows how civil war will play out if it occurs. The worse case scenarios are of course totally possible.

I really love it here and don't see another country as a viable alternative, at least at this point. Let's just hope for the best. Nothing really that any of us can do as individuals, or as a group (expats) for that matter, that may have any effect on the outcome - whatever that may be.

Lets put it this way. If this country totally melts down (and clearly that is exactly what Mr. T is hoping to happen so he can violently push his way back to be dictator for life) the material concerns of foreigners will be priority ZERO. I find it amazing there are any foreigners left who don't see the agenda of Mr T and how it threatens them personally.

Edited by Jingthing

I look forward to his return, arrest and subsequent imprisonment. I doubt it will happen though.

A law prohibiting anyone with certain convictions from standing for political office could help to solve a lot of problems in Thailand.

Believe there already is a law in place, whether its enforced is another matter... :)

PAD who blocked airports and caused that huge loss to tourism and Thailand image have set up a political party but no one seems to care why they can do that instead of being judged.

So what's the deal when Khun Thaksin's wife bought a land by their own money? They didn't get the land for free and didn't damage anything.

I do wonder, is there ANYTHING Tacky could do that would change the minds of the terminal TRUE BELIEVERS? For most people, he has already crossed such outrageous lines that he has lost their support and understanding. To wit: BLACK SONGKRAN.

Someone is so worried Khun Thaksin will come back because Khun Thaksin will win the next election.

How can a convicted fugitive be the PM? Face reality ...

I'm facing reality that they do everything to stop Khun Thaksin from coming back to be Prime Minister again. Do you think people in other countries don't know what is going on in Thailand? This year is not like it was 70 years ago that people were short of information.

Other countries give very high credit to Khun Thaksin who was knocked by a coup and who is facing a politically motivated charge. In their countries, signing paper or giving ID card to wife to buy land is not considered a crime.

They are laughing that during the months PAD protested, PAD shot people at day time, blocked here and there, but people seem to forget, but at the same time, concentrate too much on the land case Khun Thaksin is facing.

They will shake hand and smile with Abhisit, but guess what they think inside.

Edited by Koo82

Other countries give very high credit to Khun Thaksin who was knocked by a coup and who faced a political motivated charge.

Thaksin is not welcome in major countries anymore. He is a wanted fugitive. Again, face reality. Your leader is a CRIMINAL. Really, you are living in the PAST and/or CLOUD CUCKOO LAND. Before Black Songkran. You want that history to be erased. IMPOSSIBLE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_cuckoo_land

Edited by Jingthing

I do wonder, is there ANYTHING Tacky could do that would change the minds of the terminal TRUE BELIEVERS? For most people, he has already crossed such outrageous lines that he has lost their support and understanding. To wit: BLACK SONGKRAN.

The reds all know who were behind all violence in Black Songkran.

People who thought the reds caused all those violence after knowing the truth will turn from neutral to red.

This is why you see more and more reds in meetings.

After Black Songkran, many thought the reds collapsed and were criticized but why did they turn up that much in recent meetings?

Want a photo? I challenge anyone to find more people in PAD or the blues. The reds apparently is the biggest political group in Thailand now.

Other countries give very high credit to Khun Thaksin who was knocked by a coup and who faced a political motivated charge.

Thaksin is not welcome in major countries anymore. He is a wanted fugitive. Again, face reality. Your leader is a CRIMINAL. Really, you are living in the PAST and/or CLOUD CUCKOO LAND. Before Black Songkran. You want that history to be erased. IMPOSSIBLE.

Yes. Criminal. So ugly. Because he signed for his wife to buy a land :)

What about the "nice" man who was one of the people who blocked airports? Kasit's the one who promotes Thailand image and tourism :) . I just love it when foreign media asked Kasit "Will there be another airport blockage?" and Kasit said "No more". :D

The reds all know who were behind all violence in Black Songkran.

People who thought the reds caused all those violence after knowing the truth will turn from neutral to red.

This is why you see more and more reds in meetings.

After Black Songkran, many thought the reds collapsed and were criticized but why did they turn up that much in recent meetings?

Want a photo? I challenge anyone to find more people in PAD or the blues. The reds apparently is the biggest political group in Thailand now.

So what? Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Mao Zedong were also wildly popular for a while, and for similar reasons.

Why should PAD rally now? They got rid of the Tacky puppets for the time being. You appear to be victim of a propaganda machine and are just parroting it back out. Sad really.

PAD photos last year don't prove they have more people than the reds even when PPP was still the government.

he helped out his family as the Prime Minister of Thailand putting them before his sworn duty to represent the Thai people.

so why do you think it will be different if he gets another go ? do you think he will represent the people of Thailand and their interests or just represent his family interests again ?

what proposals has he made via his phone ins to steer Thailand back to prosperity for all Thais ?

Khun Thaksin will change people's mind when he brings benefits to major industries in Thailand instead of the poor Thais, when he approves big budgets for the army, when he let prices of rubber, fruits, rice drop, when he doesn't reduce drug sellings and buyings, when he doesn't reduce violence in the South and when he says he will achieve this and that but doesn't achieve anything.

he helped out his family as the Prime Minister of Thailand putting them before his sworn duty to represent the Thai people.

so why do you think it will be different if he gets another go ? do you think he will represent the people of Thailand and their interests or just represent his family interests again ?

what proposals has he made via his phone ins to steer Thailand back to prosperity for all Thais ?

I don't see any problem here.

Did people lose jobs or die when his wife bought that land?

Khun Thaksin cares for poor Thais so they love him. Rich Thais earned well when Khun Thaksin was PM. His family got benefits as a nature from his well management.

Some of his proposals were to promote via his tv channel OTOP, to provide education programs, to build a bridge for rich and poor Thais to meet to help if they can.

Edited by Koo82

To cut my answer short is to completely miss the point i was making - that being that simply being popular and getting elected does not make that person a democrat. And by the way Thaksin acted once in power it is very obvious that democracy for him was simply a means to an end, not something he passionately believed in, nor something he was worried about upholding - hence my original comment that to claim to be pro-democracy and pro-Thaksin was contradictory.

To your second question concerning the outcome of an election result were it held now and were Thaksin standing - i agree with an earlier poster on this thread who predicted the outcome would be something along the lines of 30% for the Democrats and about the same for Thaksin's party. It would come down to which of those two parties could cobble together a coalition. Thaksin does still have significant support but not to the extent that he would win with a landslide as some of his fans on this forum would have you believe.

Anyway, such hypothetical discussions are a waste of time. It wouldn't matter if a person had 100% of the electorate on side, if they don't qualify to stand for election then they don't qualify - and Thaksin doesn't.

Koo, the law is the law. Are you saying that Thaksin is above it? It may be a small felony, but it is felony nonetheless. The only divisiveness in society is because Thaksin is fighting for something he is not legally entitled to. PAD also are in the wrong, and their time in court will come. Two wrongs do NOT make anyone right. Stop pointing fingers at others to excuse the criminal action of your hero. If a thief gets caught can he point his finger to ten other theives and hope to get off the hook?