The Stock Market

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn’t get too carried away before we all see what happens next Tuesday :ermm:

a World-Wide Bank Run on 7th Dec.

http://community.u2.com/topic/20480

:coffee1:

Midas the only great depression around here is you. If you are real a good place to start is here in the T.V community, lots helpful links. take a break from posting, the mods will ban you if you request it for 4 weeks or so.

Good luck

ZoRRo

There have been constant predictions of a bleak future throughout history by some "sages" with large following - but they have not come true. Seems that the human mind - for so many - is programed to have negative thoughts rather than positive - or - perhaps we are truly a product of our immediate environment.

Practice rational optimism.

Edited by Parvis

There have been constant predictions of a bleak future throughout history by some "sages" with large following - but they have not come true. Seems that the human mind - for so many - is programed to have negative thoughts rather than positive - or - perhaps we are truly a product of our immediate environment.

" Truth does not do as much good in the world as the semblance of truth does evil. "

Duc de La Rochefoucauld

post-6925-0-29245800-1291604991_thumb.jp

[...]

Not only did the FTSE have the 'legs', it surpassed the previous YTD high, by almost 1.5%. I sadly had a sell signal come in a tad early and ended up getting stopped out for 0.8%, however I caught the ESX high - 2900 - almost spot on and am thus now looking at possible buy signals, although general market conditions may offer an inclination to ignore any imminent signals, unless only for scalping purposes.

5537 shows for FTSE and 2683 on ESX, both cash, and thereafter 5507ish and 2650ish look to wind up likely signals, respectively.

Markets can turn anywhere.

The first set of Buy signals above were ignored as motioned, and FTSE has since reversed up 265pts/4.8% from a low of 5518; 9pts/0.18% above the cited signal price(from a Buy signal actually shown at 5509). ESX has since reversed up 162pts/6.1% from a low of 2634; an uncharacteristically ugly dozen pts/0.6% below the cited signal price(from a Buy signal actually shown at 2646).

As ever, ones own management of risk and trading preferences also play a part.

Whilst in the very short term(hours/days) a bit more weakness may ensue, Im not yet recording Sell signals, for my sins perhaps. :)

Edited by badge

is that when you are sober or otherwise ? :burp:

WARNING:

THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATION IS

CONTROVERSIAL AND MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME AUDIENCES.

Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/PPSILC08/PR

WARNING:

Can someone make him go away. At least until the next "crisis" which is inevitably getting closer as I type. He fails to grasp simple logic and offers only silly comments and links to mysterious articles. We all get that if you keep claiming collapse something eventually will collapse and you can tell us all you told us. Give it up already.

There should be a rule. If you spew crap 99% of the time, then it at least needs to have some humor or for that matter anything of interest. His posts are void of everything but...

Edited by siamamerican

Actually while it is obvious that the markets have done well in the sea of liquidity provided by BSB & crew ......

There is quite a similarity to the last great crisis & with all that is involved this one arguably has more potential.

But that aside it is quite similar in reaction thus far isnt it? just saying ;) ( not to say folks cannot make $$ off it )

post-51988-0-47182200-1291775010_thumb.j

WARNING:

Can someone make him go away. At least until the next "crisis" which is inevitably getting closer as I type. He fails to grasp simple logic and offers only silly comments and links to mysterious articles. We all get that if you keep claiming collapse something eventually will collapse and you can tell us all you told us. Give it up already.

There should be a rule. If you spew crap 99% of the time, then it at least needs to have some humor or for that matter anything of interest. His posts are void of everything but...

“Delay is the deadliest form of denial.”

Siam like I asked you earlier.....when are they going to start paying off the debts ? :whistling:

i slept in

did i miss the bank run?

My husband wanted to withdraw 10,000,000 Baht. The bank refused and claimed we do not have that

kind of money. Now he is planning to beat up Midas because of his misleading information.

WARNING:

You have to admit that Midas is very good in finding mysterious articles!

Actually while it is obvious that the markets have done well in the sea of liquidity provided by BSB & crew ......

There is quite a similarity to the last great crisis & with all that is involved this one arguably has more potential.

But that aside it is quite similar in reaction thus far isnt it? just saying ;) ( not to say folks cannot make $$ off it )

You posted this silly graph months ago. Might have been Midas.

What are you trying to say: "With all that is involved this one arguably has more potential".

I assume you are saying more potential as in a greater upside. Because the market performed very well after your self proclaimed crisis in the early 40's. You wouldn't be trying to make a point by looking at 2 years of poor performance in the early 40's and ignore the next 4 years, 10 years, 30 years,... or would you?

Flying the market will plummet again someday and we all realize your wisdom. Over the last 50 years a huge market correction has happens about every 5 years so the odds are getting better every day. You're beating a dead horse and it is tiresome. Also, the above graph looks familiar to the periods starting in 1959, 1965, 1973... Shiitt happens and always will.

What are you trying to say: "With all that is involved this one arguably has more potential".

I assume you are saying more potential as in a greater upside. Because the market performed very well after your self proclaimed crisis in the early 40's. You wouldn't be trying to make a point by looking at 2 years of poor performance in the early 40's and ignore the next 4 years, 10 years, 30 years,... or would you?

Flying the market will plummet again someday and we all realize your wisdom. Over the last 50 years a huge market correction has happens about every 5 years so the odds are getting better every day. You're beating a dead horse and it is tiresome. Also, the above graph looks familiar to the periods starting in 1959, 1965, 1973... Shiitt happens and always will.

But you cannot possibly compare now with 1959, 1965, 1973..?

The two main “ problems “ from the 2008 crisis and which remain very much unresolved were not even around in 1959, 1965, 1973 ?

The first credit default swap was only introduced in 1995 by JP Morgan

and collateralised mortgage obligations (CMO’s) were only introduced in mid 2005 :ermm:

So I think this time it is safe to say you should prepare for even bigger shit to happen :hit-the-fan:

The two main “ problems “ from the 2008 crisis and which remain very much unresolved were not even around in 1959, 1965, 1973 ?

and collateralised mortgage obligations (CMO’s) were only introduced in mid 2005 :ermm:

So I think this time it is safe to say you should prepare for even bigger shit to happen :hit-the-fan:

He is losing his mind. It's actually fun to watch. :rolleyes:

I assume you are saying more potential as in a greater upside

Actually I did not mean upside potential as you said.

What I meant was more debt creation

But....No worries carry on ;)

Edited by flying

• 2 weeks later...

I also really dislike the current government debt creation and believe it will come back to bite us hard. However, regardless of the political realities, I try to be long in the market when the 5 day moving average is going up and out when it is going down because my past shorting record has not been good. Because of traditional money flow patterns, I also consider the day of the month and the historical performance of the month we are in. I chew my fingernails when the market is choppy.

I also really dislike the current government debt creation and believe it will come back to bite us hard. However, regardless of the political realities, I try to be long in the market when the 5 day moving average is going up and out when it is going down because my past shorting record has not been good. Because of traditional money flow patterns, I also consider the day of the month and the historical performance of the month we are in. I chew my fingernails when the market is choppy.

Nothing to worry about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jllJ-HeErjU

He is losing his mind. It's actually fun to watch. :rolleyes:

I have spoken to George and There is strong consideration being given to Midas posting instability. Will keep you all updated.

all the doom and gloom scenarios are pointing to gold and silver rises

then why did both fall? :huh:

har har

your "har har" is not justified BJ. our postings are dated june 29 / july 2 when gold fell from 1261 to 1201. if any asset falls 5% in three trading days i consider that as something worthwhile to watch!

• 2 weeks later...

all the doom and gloom scenarios are pointing to gold and silver rises

then why did both fall? :huh:

har har

your "har har" is not justified BJ. our postings are dated june 29 / july 2 when gold fell from 1261 to 1201. if any asset falls 5% in three trading days i consider that as something worthwhile to watch!

har har

short term thinking trading

gold up

silver up

more to come

now JP is out of the silver market and trying to corner the copper market

anyway I know you were out buying gold in the side

good luck to all for 2011