The Stock Market

According to the latest broad poll conducted by Bloomberg, Americans, except for those on Wall Street of course, have never been more pessimistic on the economy, despite the administration's efforts to push stocks to 36,000 by Halloween. In a nutshell, 63% of respondents confirmed things in the nation are headed in the wrong direction, 71% disbelieve Kool Aid pushers [b]( a.k.a. zorro1 :lol: )[/b] and say it still feels like the economy is in a recession :o

Bloomberg Poll Finds Americans No Longer Drinking Kool Aid, 71% See Economy "Mired In Recession"

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bloomberg-poll-finds-americans-no-longer-drinking-kool-aid-71-see-economy-mired-recession

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the latest broad poll conducted by Bloomberg, Americans, except for those on Wall Street of course, have never been more pessimistic on the economy, despite the administration's efforts to push stocks to 36,000 by Halloween. In a nutshell, 63% of respondents confirmed things in the nation are headed in the wrong direction, 71% disbelieve Kool Aid pushers [b]( a.k.a. zorro1 :lol: )[/b] and say it still feels like the economy is in a recession :o

Bloomberg Poll Finds Americans No Longer Drinking Kool Aid, 71% See Economy "Mired In Recession"

http://www.zerohedge...mired-recession

In a way you remind me of another "perennial bear" who forever predicted Gloom and Doom - by the name of "Joe Granville". Joe had some amazingly accurate forecasts. However - according to "Hulbert Financial Letter" in the last 25 years had you followed Granvilles advise to the letter - you would have lost an average of only 20% per year.

"Never be married to any forecast - especially your own".

Edited by Parvis

But your just baiting a BIG.

BIG = Believe In God?

Good luck on 'faith' investing.

Abrak what?. Are you drunk? Will put you on ignore for a while to help you save face. Show some respect to the forum other people read these threads. Start a thread on baiting its your forte :bah:

But your just baiting a BIG.

BIG = Believe In God?

Good luck on 'faith' investing.

I think what zorro was trying to say was; But you're just baiting, a BIG no no. So I will leave you to your non disclosed trades and ramblings.

English may not be his first language and so he may not understand the difference between; your and you're, its and it's, their, there and they're, etc. or he may just not care.

Edited by SiamRose

In a way you remind me of another "perennial bear" who forever predicted Gloom and Doom - by the name of "Joe Granville". Joe had some amazingly accurate forecasts. However - according to "Hulbert Financial Letter" in the last 25 years had you followed Granvilles advise to the letter - you would have lost an average of only 20% per year.

parvis....

i guess you are a reasonably informed guy.... since you read hubert's....:D

parvis....

i guess you are a reasonably informed guy.... since you read hubert's....:D

Hang on a minute Parvis ! You said you based yout trading

on sentiment and you said we are in a bull market.This says the sentiment of

71% say you are wrong so that is fact not doom and gloom :rolleyes:

I am a "perennial bear" only because i see a system that has lost all integrity.

Pump and dump based on spin and lies. Obviously you for example dont seem worried about this

and just keep trading away wheras I am more fascinated by where we go from here

because if you cant join the dots and see how this will have a negative impact on all

aspects of business because of loss of trust then maybe yes you are better off just studying your squigly lines. :blink:

Edited by midas

Midas - you saidHang on a minute Parvis ! You said you based yout trading

on sentiment and you said we are in a bull market.This says the sentiment of

71% say you are wrong so that is fact not doom and gloom :rolleyes:

I am a "perennial bear" only because i see a system that has lost all integrity.

Pump and dump based on spin and lies. Obviously you for example dont seem worried about this

and just keep trading away wheras I am more fascinated by where we go from here

because if you cant join the dots and see how this will have a negative impact on all

aspects of business because of loss of trust then maybe yes you are better off just studying your squigly lines. :blink:

There is a difference between "reported sentiment" and "actual sentiment" as "Market movers" perceive it.

I see the problems - but they do not affect my judgement as it pertains to the Market. I also see the Market starting to go down shortly - it is just a question how far. To the previous bottom - or below? - unlikely from my viewpoint.

"Worry" - from my viewpoint has never solved a problem. To blame "spin and lies" only makes you part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

Confucious say:

"Opportunity sails on troubled seas"

Edited by Parvis

Brian Shannon of AlphaTrends.com has good commentary on charts. See

http://bit.ly/LeyAL

He had some technical difficulties today so start viewing at 2.0 minutes into the clip and expect a truncated presentation for today.

He has previous clips archived at http://www.alphatrends.net/

His favorite tools are support and resistance levels and the five day moving average but in 10 and 30 minute time frames. I like regression channels in addition to moving averages in daily and less time frames and also watch for bull and bear flags.

This one I bought just recently. T/A looks good

SVL

Based upon the information the Company has released to date and the recent injection of serious funds, I would expect a solid 6-12mths of continual revaluation as they increase their High Grade Silver resource and move into an early start up.

Chart looks looks like SVL will break hard to the upside with trend reversal and bollinger squeeze, stochcastic turning up with plenty of room in the channel.

Its highly illiquid however fundamentally sound ,cashed up. IMO there is a 30% short term gain here. You wont get that with BHP so only for Risk investors. DYOR this is my opinion only.

SVLAX.jpg

P.S

Would be nice to see what some of the more "sophisticated investors" are doing. Im open to learning whatever I can and sure there are many others. Even Midas may dip his toe in :P

well Zorro continues to post real time price time with 1 little ol penny stock SVL.AX (enjoy the philosophical debates here but you guys could be a bunch of pensioners LOL). last post SVL closed 9.8c (my avg 9.5)

Im holding a few hundred K so very tidy gains in a several days. If the dow holds up the profit is done deal. Just want to pop up another chart for Lanna or any one else to look at and offer an analysis. Not mine but a top chartist. my chart is simple it auto detects momentum change. Thats all I need to know to start analyzing:=)

Boom Zorro is out of SVL at 11.25c around 18% profit in a week. Looking a tad overbought on the charts although great L.T buy

Gentleman this is an example of a real trade. Balls on the line cash in the pocket. Abrak take note money talks . Still waiting to see you trade something now your off ignore LOL... You Just hot air me thinks.

Good luck pretenders and traders, until I return with another real trade, :D Adios

hey derivative traders no need to stop your chatter just because were on different wave lengths. I think a lot of traders look down on Penny stock traders as if its some how inferior , or thats the impression I got[...]

Dont fret Zorro, if being on different wave lengths deterred comments there wouldnt be many posts I dare say. ;)

Penny stock traders are inferior. Although inferior isnt the word, gamblers is. Penny stocks are inherently illiquid and risky; large spreads/transactions costs and no ability to trade larger sums of capital. My feeling is penny shares are awfully high beta, if markets go up they could outperform, and vice versa, but due to the previous points, no successful career can be enjoyed focusing on small trades in illiquid penny shares.

This one I bought just recently. T/A looks good

SVL

Based upon the information the Company has released to date and the recent injection of serious funds, I would expect a solid 6-12mths of continual revaluation as they increase their High Grade Silver resource and move into an early start up.

Chart looks looks like SVL will break hard to the upside with trend reversal and bollinger squeeze, stochcastic turning up with plenty of room in the channel.

Its highly illiquid however fundamentally sound ,cashed up. IMO there is a 30% short term gain here. You wont get that with BHP so only for Risk investors. DYOR this is my opinion only.

SVLAX.jpg

P.S

Would be nice to see what some of the more "sophisticated investors" are doing. Im open to learning whatever I can and sure there are many others. Even Midas may dip his toe in :P

well Zorro continues to post real time price time with 1 little ol penny stock SVL.AX (enjoy the philosophical debates here but you guys could be a bunch of pensioners LOL). last post SVL closed 9.8c (my avg 9.5)

Im holding a few hundred K so very tidy gains in a several days. If the dow holds up the profit is done deal. Just want to pop up another chart for Lanna or any one else to look at and offer an analysis. Not mine but a top chartist. my chart is simple it auto detects momentum change. Thats all I need to know to start analyzing:=)

Boom Zorro is out of SVL at 11.25c around 18% profit in a week. Looking a tad overbought on the charts although great L.T buy

Gentleman this is an example of a real trade. Balls on the line cash in the pocket. Abrak take note money talks . Still waiting to see you trade something now your off ignore LOL... You Just hot air me thinks.

Good luck pretenders and traders, until I return with another real trade, :D Adios

Zorro, you sound a little like my secretary....

hey derivative traders no need to stop your chatter just because were on different wave lengths. I think a lot of traders look down on Penny stock traders as if its some how inferior , or thats the impression I got[...]

Dont fret Zorro, if being on different wave lengths deterred comments there wouldnt be many posts I dare say. ;)

Penny stock traders are inferior. Although inferior isnt the word, gamblers is. Penny stocks are inherently illiquid and risky; large spreads/transactions costs and no ability to trade larger sums of capital. My feeling is penny shares are awfully high beta, if markets go up they could outperform, and vice versa, but due to the previous points, no successful career can be enjoyed focusing on small trades in illiquid penny shares.

whats a small trade? Im assuming sub $20,000 is small? or are you not reading my posts correctly? 20k is about my limit on pennies for the reasons you mentioned. Interesting I have only posted 2 buys and exits in the last 3 months with charts

SVL 18% gain

Vil 30% gain

still waiting for the isarn Hi-so interenet :boring: pension traders here to post something, anything with conviction , derivatives, currency, 2 ants racing up a wall, anything just show some back :sleepy: bone

enough of cryptic chatter lets see some trading " i bought today or short today xxxx at this price xxx .... cool if you guys not up to it , I will lead by example

Edited by zorro1

Couldn't resist BCC today has been on my watch list for 3 months. spiked to 14c in January before entering a disastrous cap raising deal with springtree finance. This deal while providing cash ensured the S/P was severely capped.

For those using nano second charting please do not comment. Spec trading takes patience and big picture outlook.

Company is CASHED UP, cash is king for spec else I wouldnt look at it. Small market cap so good swing trade possible here with a tight stop (live)

Yellow triangle shows very early momentum change. This is a medium risk trade, lets see it bottomed at 4.5c

I wont claim that but am in at 5c

BCCAX-1.jpg

still waiting for the isarn Hi-so interenet :boring: pension traders here to post something, anything with conviction , derivatives, currency, 2 ants racing up a wall, anything just show some back :sleepy: bone

enough of cryptic chatter lets see some trading " i bought today or short today xxxx at this price xxx .... cool if you guys not up to it , I will lead by example

oh go on then..........i did this :lol:

post-6925-026710100 1279204167_thumb.jpg

oh go on then..........i did this :lol:

ROFL fair enough , except after a good day on the tables I end up with shorter darker girls :ph34r:

guess you cant win em all :P

whats a small trade? Im assuming sub $20,000 is small? or are you not reading my posts correctly? 20k is about my limit on pennies for the reasons you mentioned. Interesting I have only posted 2 buys and exits in the last 3 months with charts

SVL 18% gain

Vil 30% gain

:) Now now Z, no ones obligated to disclose positions, its not mandatory.

On the contrary $20kAUS seems a large trade in penny shares, although I know nothign about the shares in question. What I do know is the ASX is a much, much smaller capital pool than the LSE, and penny shares there I certainly wouldnt want 10kGBP in. :unsure:

20% and 30%, on 2 $20kAUS trades, in 3 months, is $40kAUS p.a - almost average wage in the UK. :)

Congrats ;)

Badge, 20k on pennies is not a lot. Its perception that pennies attract the poor, very far from it I can assure you. At times have had 5 x that amount on 4 penny stock at one time. Am much more cautious today but pennies do tend to attract dreamers, 1st timers etc. This makes for good trading if you have done the hard yards

p.s I entered the markets December 2009 after house sale. was down 40k paper first 3 weeks, then the recovery :) although lost a good chunk at the end but still massive grin walking away.

today I play with only part of free carry ;)

badge.

"20% and 30%, on 2 $20k AUS trades, in 3 months, is $40kAUS p.a - almost average wage in the UK. :)"

your including my capitol as profit? $4k on one and $6k on the other = $10k in around 3 months, barely enough to keep up with my viking lifestlye ;)

if i was renting I would be concerned

edit

or were you projecting my next round of successful trades :whistling:

Edited by zorro1

Parvis ......another score for " sentiment " :rolleyes:

" Charles Nenner, who prior to founding the Charles Nenner Research Institute served as a technical analyst for Goldman for about 10 years, has been looking at charts and not seeing much to write home about. In his interview with the TechTicker, Nenner says "I expect the bear market rally to continue for 4 more years, with big upswings like in Japan ( you see all along i could never understand why people say " oh no it cant be the same as Japan " :lol: ) before coming down again. I don't expect the market to totally fall out of bed. It is going to be very difficult few years to make some money. We will test the lows of 2009 to be tested over the next couple of years. I don't expect the economy to pick up until 2020." How charts can give him macroeconomic perspective with a 10 year bogey, we are not too sure. As to trading, he believes that as long as the S&P does not close below 1,085, the market will continue bouncing, and if 1,085 is taken out "it should be all over." For longer-term investors, Nenner suggests to wait until the Dow goes below its trendline average, with a Dow target of around 5,000. Of course, whether Brian Sack will allow stocks to drop that low is a different matter altogether. "

Couldn't resist BCC today has been on my watch list for 3 months. spiked to 14c in January before entering a disastrous cap raising deal with springtree finance. This deal while providing cash ensured the S/P was severely capped.

For those using nano second charting please do not comment. Spec trading takes patience and big picture outlook.

Company is CASHED UP, cash is king for spec else I wouldnt look at it. Small market cap so good swing trade possible here with a tight stop (live)

Yellow triangle shows very early momentum change. This is a medium risk trade, lets see it bottomed at 4.5c

I wont claim that but am in at 5c

BCCAX-1.jpg

took a scalp at 5.3c bcc has run up 10% yesterday and 4% this morning may need a pull back

looking to re enter svl again as its coming back.

leave you guys to it. Just wanted to prove a point that pennies can be successfully traded

badge.

"20% and 30%, on 2 $20k AUS trades, in 3 months, is $40kAUS p.a - almost average wage in the UK. :)"

your including my capitol as profit? $4k on one and $6k on the other = $10k in around 3 months, barely enough to keep up with my viking lifestlye ;)

edit

Indeed. If we extrapolate the rich vein of success you've clearly enjoyed posting about in the last 3 months, forward for the next 9 months, your well on your way to almost making the average salary in the UK.

All very exciting :)

badge.

edit

Indeed. If we extrapolate the rich vein of success you've clearly enjoyed posting about in the last 3 months, forward for the next 9 months, your well on your way to almost making the average salary in the UK.

All very exciting :)

my former associate forwarded the following two pix....

may we all be able to do even better than this trader, down the road.....

:whistling:

it is not luck, and it has nothing to do with luck.... the person spends on the average 15 hrs/day studying and fine tuning his tools of trade..... :whistling:

post-75359-043543500 1279251642_thumb.gi

post-75359-064559000 1279251645_thumb.gi

it is not luck, and it has nothing to do with luck.... the person spends on the average 15 hrs/day studying and fine tuning his tools of trade..... :whistling:

What are we supposed to be seeing in these pics? :unsure:

What are we supposed to be seeing in these pics? :unsure:

A very nice profit on the trade for starters