Aion

dttk0009

Will anyone be playing this? I know there's a sizable number of people in Singapore who are keen on this game, and it's gotten extremely good previews and surprisingly good feedback from people who played in the beta.

I was planning on playing, and there's a possibility that there could be servers hosted here in Thailand. I'd like to play on US servers but I think I'm somewhat sick of the lag and I'll gladly sacrifice the language compatibility for 20ms. There's bound to be some farangs on the local server anyway, methinks.

I must say that graphically, it looks impressive.

aion.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am playing Champions Online and WW2 Battleground at the mo, must say that CO is awesome def worth a look....

Been following Aion for ages and was just about today to jump into the open beta (pre-order) but i have been reading up on IP blocks around Singapore (for the NA servers) so am a bit skeptical at present, anybody have any info regarding any IP blocking on Thailand for the NA servers? ... I know there are ways around it but would rather log on legally....

Just a quick update, i got an open beta key and downloaded the NA version of Aion (its a huge 9 gig download) and it works here in Thailand with no problems, the OB finishes on the 13th Sept, so i only got a couple of days to look around but so far its awesome, if you pre-purchase the game ($49.99) you will be able to get into the headstart which starts on 20th Sept (2 days b4 the actual release) and also grants you access to the pre-selection on the 18th Sept (where you can get in and get your name and character sorted b4 the hordes join in)....

If anybody wants to get into open beta (better be quick finishes on this Sunday 13th Sept) let me know and i will tell you how to get an OB CD Key (if they are still available)

Graphically looks awesome and yes there are Thai servers but I'm still addicted to WAR. I won't give any other MMO a try until at least a year after their launch. If they are still going and healthy then, then I might give em a shot.

No servers in Thailand for AION, only Chinese, Japanese, Korean and NA and EU have servers.

Edited by beekaykay

Graphically looks awesome and yes there are Thai servers but I'm still addicted to WAR. I won't give any other MMO a try until at least a year after their launch. If they are still going and healthy then, then I might give em a shot.

No servers in Thailand for AION, only Chinese, Japanese, Korean and NA and EU have servers.

Indeed. Luckily, I found out that lowerping services will be working with Aion, so you can expect 220-250ms which isn't too bad for mmos.

Also if youre going to play from Thailand get an NA account as Thailand routes directly to the states. If you have EU it will be pretty laggy.

Pre-selection for Aion pre-orders only takes place at 12:00PM PDT September 18th. You can make your char and reserve your name ahead of the opening rush! Again for people that pre-ordered Aion will get a 2 day head start and be able to play like normal on Sept 20th(2 days before it actually goes live!).

Also if youre going to play from Thailand get an NA account as Thailand routes directly to the states. If you have EU it will be pretty laggy.

Pre-selection for Aion pre-orders only takes place at 12:00PM PDT September 18th. You can make your char and reserve your name ahead of the opening rush! Again for people that pre-ordered Aion will get a 2 day head start and be able to play like normal on Sept 20th(2 days before it actually goes live!).

To be honest, I'm done with 'head start' and 'first in' when it comes to mmos. You'll just get massive lag and the quest areas will be swamped with guys (lots of which will be packing special gear/items from beta or early access rewards). I'll probably give the game a whirl when the dust settles around late october/early november.

I was in the Aion open beta and my ping was running between 650/700ms using the NA servers (people from NZ and Auzzie were reporting the same ping rates however the game was playing like a dream), the NA servers are situated on the East coast USA so ping for Thailand is not that good however in the open beta (as in all betas) they were in debug mode for stress testing the servers so when they do go live the ping rate should drop....saying that even with a high ping rate and open beta debug mode there was hardly any lag at all in the 2/3 days i had to play...

You can purchase the game now if you want (pre-order), the pre-selection is on the 18th and headstart on the 20th with the motley crew joining in on the 22nd.

I think that you will find that the game WILL run perfectly for most people when it goes live as NCSoft seem to have got it right:-)

You also mention quest areas being lagged or packed however NCSoft have implemented instances so if lag or too many players doing the same quest occurs you can just choose another instance, easy:-)

They extended the original open beta time, so we got an extra 6 hours as they also had a patch (650mb) before the servers came down.

BTW: I have a good internet connection from CS 2mb SME.

Edited by beekaykay

Yeah, I just read that they're going to be putting ALL servers east coast. What a completely outrageous move. I refuse to touch a game where an overseas consumer base isn't even taken remotely into consideration just to save a couple pennies on server maintenance. The absolute best we'll be able to get from here, and this includes tunneling, is roughly 320ms, and that's assuming our internet plays nicely too. Most of us will probably be somewhere between 600-1000 when taking that freakishly long route to finally get to the server.

In short:

F*** that.

Hi, I am in game now started last night 2am (Headstart) I downloaded the game a while back from Gamestop.com, just go to the aion website and they have a few links, or just do a google search for Aion online download.

I did a bit of checking in Thailand a few weeks back and come up with these 2 phone numbers, I called both but I cant remember which one it was 02-713-0801 and 082 587 6510 they were both connected with Aion in Thailand and I think it was the 2nd number that a Thai guy said he had a copy of the NA version in Thailand (I didnt go through with it in the end but maybe worth a try if you dont want to waste 2 days on downloading the 9gb file:)

By the way guys my ping is in the 600/700m/s range but there is NO sign of any lag game seems to be running perfectly as expected :-)

Edited by beekaykay

Hi, I am in game now started last night 2am (Headstart) I downloaded the game a while back from Gamestop.com, just go to the aion website and they have a few links, or just do a google search for Aion online download.

I did a bit of checking in Thailand a few weeks back and come up with these 2 phone numbers, I called both but I cant remember which one it was 02-713-0801 and 082 587 6510 they were both connected with Aion in Thailand and I think it was the 2nd number that a Thai guy said he had a copy of the NA version in Thailand (I didnt go through with it in the end but maybe worth a try if you dont want to waste 2 days on downloading the 9gb file:)

By the way guys my ping is in the 600/700m/s range but there is NO sign of any lag game seems to be running perfectly as expected :-)

Even for pvp?

Even for pvp?

The pvp doesn't really start until the higher levels think its 25+ when you enter the abyss (there are the usual duel etc but have not tried them) so I could not comment yet as my char is only lvl18 so far:-)

btw lvl cap is 50.

Its very busy in some of the towns/villages and even with a high ping rate there is NO lag on my machine, I know pvp and a high ping do not mix and will keep you informed.

Just to let you know the game is fantastic, if you liked L2 you will love this its very polished, I have played 90% of the mmo's out there and Aion IMO tops them all, I even have a Champions Online acct that I have not touched since playing Aion, so if anybody out there wants to buy my retail (download) and chars for Champions Online u are welcome i will cut a good deal for you.

Just to cap off, NCSoft are adding 2 new NA servers for Aion this weekend, 1 of which has just powered up!

Happy Gaming Guys, if you play Aion let me know maybe we can start a Bangkok guild or as they call it a legion.....

Even for pvp?

The pvp doesn't really start until the higher levels think its 25+ when you enter the abyss (there are the usual duel etc but have not tried them) so I could not comment yet as my char is only lvl18 so far:-)

btw lvl cap is 50.

Its very busy in some of the towns/villages and even with a high ping rate there is NO lag on my machine, I know pvp and a high ping do not mix and will keep you informed.

Just to let you know the game is fantastic, if you liked L2 you will love this its very polished, I have played 90% of the mmo's out there and Aion IMO tops them all, I even have a Champions Online acct that I have not touched since playing Aion, so if anybody out there wants to buy my retail (download) and chars for Champions Online u are welcome i will cut a good deal for you.

Just to cap off, NCSoft are adding 2 new NA servers for Aion this weekend, 1 of which has just powered up!

Happy Gaming Guys, if you play Aion let me know maybe we can start a Bangkok guild or as they call it a legion.....

toon - Magyosha

server - Marchutan

25 spritmaster so far

pings ok & playable on there so far, tt&t maxnet adsl (premier)

Ive been playing Perfect World for over a year now, but seems a lot of people are going over to Aion. Aion looks pretty similar to PW to be honest and PW is free (they make money by selling cubigold if you want to get items easier). If you like the look of Aion, maybe give PW a try, as its free. Has a lot of elements within it, pvp, war, quests etc. Just my opinion, but i havent tried out Aion. :)

Some of my ss:

2009_08_14_23_00_57.bmp

2009_10_02_00_30_41.bmp

• 1 year later...

Aion Botting Trick

How you can safe my charactor from Ncsoft detection basically use Aion Bot?This is the first priority that you should consider before decide to use aion bot!

Safe Aion Botting Trick :

1. Steps to start Aion Botting, and what two programs are the best to make use of to avoid the ban

2. Ncsoft’s trivial detection methods, and the way to avoid them

3. ASMODIAN botting guide 1-50. These aren’t common Aion botting spots, but instead taken care of places you don’t have to worry about GM’s teleporting to.

4. ELYOS botting guide 1-50.

5. A guide to using macros using the Aion bot to maximize your damage

6. Using delays and weave auto attacks correctly to maximize your kill speed

7. A guide to tweaking your xp/hour. (If you are already a skilled botter, I’ve without doubt this

will almost double your xp/hour)

8. How you can not look like a bot, and practically never rest.

9. Best places to farm cash at 45+, and also the secret to increasing drops. Yes, there really is a

secret.

10. Ways to get your bank account back after being banned.

Note: only possible when you are using among the 2 suggested bot programs. If you achieve caught utilizing a memory injection Aion bot, there’s little that could save you from that banstick. Note2:

If after this guide, you won’t be banned. I can’t promise this, but I will say it with 99% certainty. I’ve botted 5 characters to 50, a couple of that have been being botted 24/7 throughout

the recent ban waves?-I’m still going strongGuide continues to be updated with Elyos botting spots 1-50. Thank you for everyones support so far!

What I’m currently focusing on for future updates :

1. Much more Aion botting spots

2. Help guide to twinking you character without spending A lot of kinah. See my auction on the underground community for my level 50 ranger, he was made just a little over 30 days ago, no kinah was ever bought

3. Complete skill rotations for each class. These all will be in macro form and basically will make use of all of your skills, even the reactive ones (without interupting your present skill chain) ie:

skills only usable after block, dodge, parry etc.

4. Reviews of all of the bots currently out.

5. The do’s and donts of promoting accounts, and buying/selling kinah

6. A method to receive/sell kinah without us