Non Immigrant B Visas

As a UK passport holder, aged under 50 years, with business interests in Thailand but not through a registered company, how does one best get around the visa situation ?

Currently, I am operating on a one year quadruple entry tourist visa. This gives me 60 days each time, extendable for another 30 days. Effectively, I can last out a year.

Reading all over the web about 1 year Non imm B visas (including the UK consulate in Hull ( http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com ), it appears that all I have to do is have some company, either in the UK or in Thailand, say they will cover any expenses incurred and that's it. I presume they check out the company and that is it. I would not need a work permit.

So what's the story ?

Sure there are agents out there but if it is so ###### simple, then why waste your money. Also, how would you renew such a visa ?

A

All comments welcome. Thanks.

As a UK passport holder, aged under 50 years, with business interests in Thailand but not through a registered company, how does one best get around the visa situation ?

Currently, I am operating on a one year quadruple entry tourist visa. This gives me 60 days each time, extendable for another 30 days. Effectively, I can last out a year.

Reading all over the web about 1 year Non imm B visas (including the UK consulate in Hull ( http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com ), it appears that all I have to do is have some company, either in the UK or in Thailand, say they will cover any expenses incurred and that's it. I presume they check out the company and that is it. I would not need a work permit.

So what's the story ?

Sure there are agents out there but if it is so ###### simple, then why waste your money. Also, how would you renew such a visa ?

A

All comments welcome. Thanks.

A nice letter on a letterhead to the Consul at Hull should do the trick. No background checks on the company are likely. Renewal would need to be done outside Thailand the following year.

can we please define 'work'. I plan to have a business administered by my wife for which I will not receive any money (but there shall be a joint bank account). It will be a plant nursery and anyone could see me wandering about the green house with hands in pockets. Presuming that there would be the usual a$$holes about that would want to report me to the thugs if the business was successful what evidence could they offer for illegal work if everything was tied up and true?

can we please define 'work'. I plan to have a business administered by my wife for which I will not receive any money (but there shall be a joint bank account). It will be a plant nursery and anyone could see me wandering about the green house with hands in pockets. Presuming that there would be the usual a$$holes about that would want to report me to the thugs if the business was successful what evidence could they offer for illegal work if everything was tied up and true?

Keep those hands in your pockets and don't stand behind a sales counters would be my advise. In most cases nobody is going to make a problem for you unless there is a history and you should be aware of those folks and keep your guard up.

I would not have a joint account however if it is a legal business; but have no experience or knowledge to back that up with - just my cautious self.

cheers lop...we plan to have my sister-in-law behind the sales counter and with her radiant smile and beautiful a$$ no problems are foreseen from that direction.

Hard to get over the idea of a joint account though...maybe the wife pays me an allowance ( a 'kept man')? oh, boo hoo....

Do people think its better to be on a 1 year b visa or o visa is either safer?

That's a key question.

Also, if I get the non imm B visa and have to renew each year - where do I have to go. I don't want to have to return to the UK. But if I never "work" i.e. get a work permit, then why would they keep renewing my non imm B visa ?

If I continue down the tourist visa route, how many times will they renew the tourist one (4 entry one year) ? and do I have to go back to the UK ?

Do people think its better to be on a 1 year b visa or o visa is either safer?

That's a key question.

Also, if I get the non imm B visa and have to renew each year - where do I have to go. I don't want to have to return to the UK. But if I never "work" i.e. get a work permit, then why would they keep renewing my non imm B visa ?

If I continue down the tourist visa route, how many times will they renew the tourist one (4 entry one year) ? and do I have to go back to the UK ?

The tourist visa route leads directly to the IDC and a deportation order.