Having A Thai Farang Baby

LaoPo

I know many Farang -Thai couples with Kids and not one of them looks Thai. Not even the one whose father is a dark haired, tanned Italian.

Yes I agree on this, most of half kids they have lighter skin and mostly dark eyes and hair. I rarely see half children with Thai skin nor blue / green eyes.

Think that special. :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you imagine to end up in a situation like this? Would you ask for a DNA test if you KNOW your wife is unfaithful? And what purpose does it have then? Would you take care of your kid and have a happy married life when the kid is yours, but the wife still was unfaithful at some point? Would you end the relation just based on having a kid that's not yours, but the unfaithful wife wasnt the problem?

I just dont understand what reason you would have to conduct a test. Or is the test meant to proof infidelity?

I was going to start a post similar to this but thought It wouldn't be well received. We know of a couple who have a 1 year old child who looks 100% Thai. Apparently the father (White German) believes he is the father. My wife and I don't think he is judging by the fact that our 2 children look like me (poor kids) and most farang couples we know the children have many of the fathers features including white skin light hair etc same as our children. I'm wondering if it is possible to have a Euro/Thai child with no discernible white European features? Could the German fellow actually be the child's father?

I was going to start a post similar to this but thought It wouldn't be well received. We know of a couple who have a 1 year old child who looks 100% Thai. Apparently the father (White German) believes he is the father. My wife and I don't think he is judging by the fact that our 2 children look like me (poor kids) and most farang couples we know the children have many of the fathers features including white skin light hair etc same as our children. I'm wondering if it is possible to have a Euro/Thai child with no discernible white European features? Could the German fellow actually be the child's father?

Other way you can tell is by the blood type. Most Thai's are O pos. I am AB neg and Chase our son is AB pos. That is a good clue if he is of farang blood.

What happen if you feel the child is not from the father ? Would you tell him that you feel his son is not his and his wife is cheating on him ?

Other way you can tell is by the blood type. Most Thai's are O pos. I am AB neg and Chase our son is AB pos. That is a good clue if he is of farang blood.

What happen if you feel the child is not from the father ? Would you tell him that you feel his son is not his and his wife is cheating on him ?

No, I have never spoken to him and it is not my business. I'm curious if a mixed child can be genetically dominated by the one parent and show no traits of the other parent.

I think most Thai are B,..no ?

I am B+ my son is AB+

I am B+ my son is AB+

ABO blood group of the Thais in Bangkok

Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine,

Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Songkla Med J 2001; 19(1): 9-12

From a total of 1,266 subjects, 385 males (30.4%) and 881 females (69.6 %), there were 265 (20.9 %) subjects with blood group A, 435 subjects (34.4 %) with blood group B, 475 subjects (37.5 %) with blood group O and 91 subjects (7.2 %) with blood group AB. The genotype frequencies of A gene, B gene and O gene were 0.1520, 0.2355 and 0.6125 (Table 1).

Oh wow our sons have the same blood.

You have to wait till a baby is 6 months old to get a DNA test done. A friend of mine with a Thai wife was suspcious about "their" baby, as he remembered his wife always being too tired or having a headache at the time conception must have occurred. He confirmed with a DNA test at 6 months that the father was a farang but not him. They got divorced and naturally he lost the house and another piece of land he had bought in her name.

I am B+ my son is AB+

ABO blood group of the Thais in Bangkok

Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine,

Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Songkla Med J 2001; 19(1): 9-12

From a total of 1,266 subjects, 385 males (30.4%) and 881 females (69.6 %), there were 265 (20.9 %) subjects with blood group A, 435 subjects (34.4 %) with blood group B, 475 subjects (37.5 %) with blood group O and 91 subjects (7.2 %) with blood group AB. The genotype frequencies of A gene, B gene and O gene were 0.1520, 0.2355 and 0.6125 (Table 1).

Oh wow our sons have the same blood.

Yes after i read those blood groups so i have searched and mostly A then B and O :)

Nope sorry your son were not mine :D

Edited by thesunset75

do you have to ask for a DNA test? and what exactly is one? could you not snip a liitle bit of hair off while baby asleep? does it have to blood? I wouldn't have a clue however either of the above could be done. The big question is what if the child is 8 years old and you have adored the child, what if indeed its not yours? what would you do then ? thats the big issue here and I for one couldnt walk away from a child that adores me. Walking away from the wife would be no probs

Blood relationship does not make a parent & child relationship. If you think you have an unfaithful spouse you need to deal with that separately. Why risk the connection with a child you love just because you wanted to find a smoking gun?

Blood relationship does not make a parent & child relationship. If you think you have an unfaithful spouse you need to deal with that separately. Why risk the connection with a child you love just because you wanted to find a smoking gun?

I agree ! It does not take a blood connection to be a father or mother to a child. Me and Nan talk about adopting one of her 3 year cousins that was abandoned by his parents. To be a father and mother is the love and support you give your child after they their birth.

In the end her Aunt will raise him so he can be near his real mom. She got remarried and her new husband did not want anything to do with him. We agree to pay for his schooling and clothing.

Unfortunately, I can speak from recent experience...Thai lady claimed I was the father, and so I thought from the timing, etc. Not married, but I was intent on taking care of this lady, whom I had feelings for and my responsibility for a child. While we did not live together, I was, indeed, a loving father of said 'son' for 2 years - seeing him 3 or more times a week and gave much fatherly support and money...

I thought to get a DNA test a year ago and did not, for some silly reason...Then, came to my senses recently (I have had no 'relationship' with said lady since 'son' was born). You can get DNA testing done through the mail and it is cheaper and easier than going to a local hospital. I sent away to an Australian company. They sent me instructions and some cotton swabs on sticks. Rub inside child's mouth in 2 spots for 30 seconds. Same in my mouth to collect cheek cells. Put in envelope. Send to Australia. Results back in a week. Cost about A$300. Found out I am NOT biological father.

Lady was taking me for a ride the whole time and even with 50-80K Baht per month ++ in support, was never enough. When I confronted her with proof last week, she quickly admitted it and said "mai pen rai, don't be serious". Well, if I had any relationship with her at all, if she respected me at all, if she could speak without lying, I'd likely keep supporting the boy, as I really grew fond of him and visa versa, but she has been nothing but greedy/lazy, and now I know, totally lying for 3 years, so that's it for me. She could not even say "sorry" until I asked...Kid will have no father, and she doesn't care a bit...I was pretty broken up about it as I truly loved 'my son'...

Yes, I am stupid. I trusted someone not to lie about a child. I speak Thai, been in Thailand and Asia over 20 years, blah blah, but when it came to something like that, I lost my noodle...Never had any real problems with Thai women in 20 years, as I seem to understand things here, or so I thought.

So, should I continue to support the child? (If you knew the lady and her mother - both professional scammers, there is not doubt what most would do).

I will not. :) She can go find the real father and ask him to put up with her sh*t.

And I should add that my "son's" mother has a friend - let's call her "Gun", who has an Australian guy on the same hook with daughter "Amy". Poor Aussie fellow, whom I'll call "Zaza", has no clue and has bought the house in Surin, car, and supposedly gives her 100K Baht per month. I know for a fact the kid is not his as "Gun" admitted same to my face with her Thai boyfriend sitting there...She is now visiting him in Australia with "Amy", who is very very dark...Well, at least I was smarter than him, but that's not saying much...I sure hope the guy reads this post and recognizes himself...

WOW, im so lucky.

My son is from former husband and now we living with present bf they both love each other somuch.

My bf had 2 wives but with out kid, Raul is the one who can make him to be a father, cries by Raul's innocense.

I dont want to imagine when Raul grow up and he know who he is...how he would react.

But love will keep us alive :)

Unfortunately, I can speak from recent experience...Thai lady claimed I was the father, and so I thought from the timing, etc. Not married, but I was intent on taking care of this lady, whom I had feelings for and my responsibility for a child. While we did not live together, I was, indeed, a loving father of said 'son' for 2 years - seeing him 3 or more times a week and gave much fatherly support and money...

>>>>>

Yes, I am stupid. I trusted someone not to lie about a child. I speak Thai, been in Thailand and Asia over 20 years, blah blah, but when it came to something like that, I lost my noodle...Never had any real problems with Thai women in 20 years, as I seem to understand things here, or so I thought.

So, should I continue to support the child? (If you knew the lady and her mother - both professional scammers, there is not doubt what most would do).

I will not. :) She can go find the real father and ask him to put up with her sh*t.

Can you honestly look that kid in the eye and tell him he's not your son and walk away from him? He doesn't see you as a scam victim, to him you're just "Dad".

Had the test come out as him being positively yours you would still be stuck with the ex and her mother, so why let a DNA test deprive the both of you of the one positive thing that emerged from the relationship between you and his mother? Even if it was in an unconventional way.

//Edit// Btw... I know this has to be tearing you up inside, so don't think I'm unsympathetic. But when I look at my daughter, no matter what DNA tests say, she's still my little girl and that's not going to change as long as I'm breathing. (I have no doubts shes mine though. My wife and I are both too lazy/busy to mess around)

Edited by cdnvic

WOW, im so lucky.

My son is from former husband and now we living with present bf they both love each other somuch.

My bf had 2 wives but with out kid, Raul is the one who can make him to be a father, cries by Raul's innocense.

I dont want to imagine when Raul grow up and he know who he is...how he would react.

Your boyfriend knew your son wasn't his; so that is an entire different situation.

It happens in many relationships where by one partner (mostly the mother) has a child/children living with her already from a previous relation and meets another partner. In some cases this partner starts liking and eventual loving that child/children, in other cases it is not such a success....

The topic is about if a Farang/Thai couple is having a baby -together- and if the Farang is sure it's his, or not.

LaoPo

WOW, im so lucky.

Your boyfriend knew your son wasn't his; so that is an entire different situation.

It happens in many relationships where by one partner (mostly the mother) has a child/children living with her already from a previous relation and meets another partner. In some cases this partner starts liking and eventual loving that child/children, in other cases it is not such a success....

The topic is about if a Farang/Thai couple is having a baby -together- and if the Farang is sure it's his, or not.

LaoPo

Yes I know and I mentioned earlier about my husband used to say to me "maybe this kid wasnt his" and that is hurt.

Then I read some posters about found out later kids were not their and what they gonna do... Leave thier kids ?

>>>>>

Can you honestly look that kid in the eye and tell him he's not your son and walk away from him? He doesn't see you as a scam victim, to him you're just "Dad".

Had the test come out as him being positively yours you would still be stuck with the ex and her mother, so why let a DNA test deprive the both of you of the one positive thing that emerged from the relationship between you and his mother? Even if it was in an unconventional way.

//Edit// Btw... I know this has to be tearing you up inside, so don't think I'm unsympathetic. But when I look at my daughter, no matter what DNA tests say, she's still my little girl and that's not going to change as long as I'm breathing. (I have no doubts shes mine though. My wife and I are both too lazy/busy to mess around)

Yes, you are right. It is tearing me up inside, and has been for the last 3 years while this young lady has done nothing but manipulate me by using my 'son'. I have had to neuter myself to put up with it. She has been rude, unappreciative, greedy, lazy - seemingly relishing in her power over me. And, I, I hate to say it, have been a fricking boy scout - trying so hard to be a stable figure, encouraging, supportive, teacher, part of family, etc. I've never tried so hard at anything in my entire 50 year life...I mean, I can't get any better than that - ever.

She took off for 3 months April-June without saying where after I sent her back to her mother's house from the very nice rented condo I put them up in....(good reason, and not out of jealousy). I finally caved and got to her through a friend and she came back, mainly because I was planning to pay for a hand operation for the boy. I am sure that after I paid for the operation, she was just going to split.

She has absolutely no conscience about it, and she will run off with son once she milks me for all I'm worth.

I would stay the course if there was any chance of her being even 60% straight with me. After her lying about me being the father for 3 years - she KNEW it from the start- she continued to bitch and moan about me not buying a car, a house, and land, etc. urgently on top of the 50-80K/mo. I don't care a hoot about sex, etc with her, but there is no way I can take the blatent emotional blackmail she has done in the past any more (I will spare details of her earlier tricks). She is not a hardened bar girl, either...

I truly never thought a person (and mother in cahoots) could be so ruthless and greedy after someone else has only helped, loved, and supported them. I never pressured her for anything at all, except good care for her and son. Her own aunt and cousing admit as much to me...

What a shame. The boy is a cute little guy who really loves his papa and visa-versa...but he's young enough that he will not remember...Unfortunately, I will.

• 3 weeks later...
You have to wait till a baby is 6 months old to get a DNA test done. A friend of mine with a Thai wife was suspcious about "their" baby, as he remembered his wife always being too tired or having a headache at the time conception must have occurred. He confirmed with a DNA test at 6 months that the father was a farang but not him. They got divorced and naturally he lost the house and another piece of land he had bought in her name.

BULLSHIT

you do not have to wait 6 months i had my baby done when she was 4 days old at ramathibodi hospital bangkok, they even take a photo of us, i said i only wanted me and the baby done , they said its best for all of you do have it done ( just in case they made a mix up at birth) 5000tb each 15000tb in total plus 300tb to have the results sent to the uk, it takes about 4 weeks, the reason i had it done was for my parents

Edited by GOWER

For godsakes, LaoPo, have you nothing but sex on your mind?
Maybe you need new glasses since this topic isn't about sex. Maybe you're more interested in economics ? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Crash-t292867.html LaoPo

Sorry... forgot to add the "facetious smiley" to that one...my apologies.

Which one ?........... :)

LaoPo

If I didn't trust my wife in the least we would have said "Good bye" a long time ago. To ask questions as to know whether the child is yours or someone else's rings alarm bells. You have only 2 options here and they are as follows:

1) Trust her and get on with your marriage and the upbringing of the child in question.

or

2) If you mistrust her, then get out of the situation in a kind, painless departure, and as quick as possible! It could drive you crazy and prey on your mind for the rest of your life, thus causing massive arguements and accusations flying all over the place which could in the end cause a very expensive Divorce!!!

Edited by Pitbullman1

If I didn't trust my wife in the least we would have said "Good bye" a long time ago. To ask questions as to know whether the child is yours or someone else's rings alarm bells. You have only 2 options here and they are as follows:

1) Trust her and get on with your marriage and the upbringing of the child in question.

or

2) If you mistrust her, then get out of the situation in a kind, painless departure, and as quick as possible! It could drive you crazy and prey on your mind for the rest of your life, thus causing massive arguements and accusations flying all over the place which could in the end cause a very expensive Divorce!!!

Or 3 :D you are sleeping around quite a bit yourself and your guilt is turing into paranoia and causing you to think your spouse is/has been unfaithful too :)

Sorry to say this, but if you are having a baby and you are genuinely worried about whether it's yours then you are not with the right woman, or she is not with the right man, whichever. I don't doubt that these things happen everywhere in the world but I think deep down you know yourself if you can trust your wife or not.

You didn't actually mention if you are having a baby, are you? or is it just a general question to wind up the members and invite the inevitable sarcasm?

Perfect answer

Disagree. We've all made mistakes about trusting the wrong person. When it happens, only in retrospect do we see the signs (if there were any).

If you're constantly wondering whether your wife cheats on you, that's one thing. But there's no harm sending off a strand of your kid's hair along with yours under the "trust but verify" mantra.

I don't worry about my wife cheating on me. I'd be shocked to find out she is/has, especially since we're nearly always together. Nevertheless, when we have our first child, I'll verify.

How will you discuss this with your wife? I do understand the not worrying about cheating, it only creates suspiscion and doubt, and doesn't stop ny cheating, in fact it can lead to cheating! But I am interested in this verification process ....would it be franky discussed first? 'Honey our baby is so wonderful, I love you so much, now I'm going to find out if it's mine?' or would you surreptitiously snip of some hair and send it away for testing? Wouldn't the whole process be similar to having doubts about your partners fidelity (or lack thereof)? I must admit to being confused by the 'trust but verify' mantra. :-) surely verification implies a lack of trust? :-)

Having a Thai Farang Baby - How do you know it's yours ?...do you check by means of a DNA test ? :)

I know this could be a shocking thread but my question (and answer) is justified and legitimate!

Too many parents, most of the time the men within the relationship, are not aware that the baby is NOT theirs but also: most of the time the mothers DO know....this does not only happen abroad in the West but also in Thailand.

1. In another thread where the husband was murdered (in Pattaya in 2003) it was found out that the woman he married, and who had already a baby (which he adopted) had a 3rd baby (after they both had their own; her 2nd baby).

She told her husband that it was his baby although she knew it was from her Thai lover/boyfriend, later convicted murderer and sentenced to death.*

2. In another case, it is known by me and friends that an older -mid fifties- Farang married a 30 years younger Thai girl who already had a child. He takes good care of this child and considers her to be his own child (he was childless during his earlier lifetime and never married as well).

They got a baby.....but not his. He was absent, due to his work, for longer periods...

He doesn't know it is not his child

I am trying to find out HOW someone knows it is his or her child or do most men prefer to let it be....?

In my own circles, in Farang-land, I know of two cases that the babies were not the fathers' within the marriage.

Last June a woman in The Hague/Holland confessed to her husband, who was present during the delivery of a baby, that she made a mistake by sleeping with a black man 9 months prior, only once she said...the baby was dark. He left in complete shock.

Many years ago a woman in a city nearby where I live, delivered twins; her husband was present also. The problem was that the twins were Chinese looking. She worked in a Chinese restaurant..... :D

* http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Murder-Case-...16#entry2751616

LaoPo

HOW someone knows it is his or her child

In Germany you can make EASY a DNA Test. The clinik sends you everything in a neutral envelope and you can make easy the test. The result comes in a neutral envelope.

Adresses you find in the internet.