My current state of play is that i shall soon be coming over to live in/retire to Thailand within the next 6 months.....just a few loose ends to tie up before i do.

I just got a letter from my pension fund informing me that, from October this year, so as to cut down on admin costs they wont be sending me monthly "payslips" as they call them. What they will be doing is sending a payslip for my April pension each year, and they also state i will recieve my P60 statement each year. In other words, as from October 2009 til April 2010 i wont have any proof of income for those months.

This brings me to my question (at last !!!!)

I am (or should that be was?) going to go the monthly income with proof of such via letter from embassy route, for a Non O-A visa but, with me not recieving anything until April 2010 and then only yearly thereafter, would this be acceptable to UK embassy for the processing of letter of proof, and therefore enough for Thai immigration to accept. I have monthly statements going back to 2007, from when i started my early retirement......but would THEY be acceptable, if this P60 isnt?

Penkoprod

Like you my pension provider no longer issues monthly statements so make sure you have on-line banking in place before you settle here.

I recently renewed my retirement extension of stay and pulled of the internet my previous three month’s bank statements as proof of monthly income.

I handed them to Barry Kenyan the British embassy Rep down in Pattaya Soi 5 who issued me with an income verification letter which I handed into immigration with a few other required documents.

The cost of the income verification letter was 2080 baht.

A non OA visa is not obtained in Thailand but only from the Royal Thai Embassy in London prior to travel. If requires a police report/medical and proof of income certified in the UK.

Believe you are talking about extension of stay for retirement from Immigration inside Thailand. Here you use a letter from your Embassy as outlined above and do not require medical or police report paperwork.

A non OA visa is not obtained in Thailand but only from the Royal Thai Embassy in London prior to travel. If requires a police report/medical and proof of income certified in the UK.

Believe you are talking about extension of stay for retirement from Immigration inside Thailand. Here you use a letter from your Embassy as outlined above and do not require medical or police report paperwork.

Sorry if i didnt make myself too clear, but......yes i DO mean the extensions

And also i DO know that a Non O-A is obtained from outside of Thailand and has slightly different "non financial qaulaifications" that you have mentioned above :)

But............they both have to meet the same criteria from a financial point of view, in that both need to be <deep breath> 800,000TBH to be deposited in a Thai bank, or a monthly income of 65,000 TBH, or cobmination of the 2 if one cant muster the 65,000 per month income......right?

Anyway, what i was wanting to clarify is, will just the one statement from April and/or the P60 will be sufficiant to get the letter of proof from British Embassy in Wireless Road when the time comes when i need it whenever that may be??

Or, like nam-thip has had to (?) do....pull up all my previous bank statements, and present them to the embassy...again when the time comes

Penkoprod

The 800k does not need to be in Thailand for the OA visa to be issued. For an extension of stay it must be in a Thai bank account. That is an issue for some people.

As said you should not have any problem obtaining the required letter of income with a normal pension statement - many do not provide monthly statements - or if they do you have to download them from internet. Bring the latest items you have. And if you can sign up for internet access do so.