Windows 7

Tywais

windows 7 huh, I've been using the RC for playing with. For anyone who has had to reinstall an OS all over again and i've down it with windows xp. Windows 7 works much better. Install is easy, less time consuming and at least it found all my drivers for me. But i'll put it this way for windows 7. As someone who got a mac osx back in 2006 windows 7 reminds me in a way of mac os x. Its a shame that microsoft takes so long to do anything right it seems. My only reason I'll be getting windows 7 and pay for it. If you run a business where you are running a server for business use. I refuse to deal with windows xp anymore, plus i'm looking at the purchase as a 5 year deal. Consumers may not go for it. But as a consumer If i'm not interested at least I'm knowledge enough to use linux ( ubuntu ) at home.

Can't wait to see mr webfact's I love XP reply to this one :)

Edited by garyh

I must admit that I am very skeptical about new operating systems. I am quite satisfied with XP Pro but have installed Windows 7. Like anything new, I found working with it awkward. The more I use it, the better I like it. The only thing I don't like about it is paying for something I don't really need. It looks like they are going to offer the $149 family pack. That makes it look much more attractive.

• 2 weeks later...
Some thoughts. Many will need XP mode depending on their installed software. Are we assured what was running under Vista will run under W7 too...?

My experience on this is that I have several applications, engineering and programming, apps that wouldn't run or some not install under Vista even selecting compatibility mode but no problems under W7. One of the many reasons I never switched to Vista except to evaluate. The XP virtualization for W7 appears to need mainboards that support it to work. At the moment Windows 7 seems to be a worthwhile upgrade for me.