Cashing International Money Orders In Thai Gf's Account

Anyone have problems with cashing international money orders through a Thai account? I went to a post office in the States and they said they didn't even make international money orders...said to go to Western Union. Anyone can give some advice on this? I don't want to just walk into the country with huge sums of cash.

The Western Union debacle here {LOS} is far more complicated than it needs to be. No one uses this outdated system anymore. And a Western Union representative in BKK...?? If you've physical paper int'l money orders, deposit them {like cash} into your bank account {if you have one} and then wired the loot directly to your lady friend.

Anyone have problems with cashing international money orders through a Thai account? I went to a post office in the States and they said they didn't even make international money orders...said to go to Western Union. Anyone can give some advice on this? I don't want to just walk into the country with huge sums of cash.

Do you have a reason why you would not use Travelers checks?

You could then cash them & none cares who's account you put it in once there.

They are not only safe but insured against loss/theft too. Also come in large denominations/1000

Edited by flying