Improve thai immigration laws

While having read the topics in here for quite some time I start to understand

the problem as it filters through:

a) Thaksin wants to modernize everything and bring Thailand up-to-date.

:o Immigration laws to be adjusted accordingly.

Some suggestions:

If a foreigner wants to stay in Thailand for long time there either must be evidence having sufficient funds or

a Thai sponsor is required.

Sponsor could be a Thai fiancee or an English language school, to guarantee the foreigners financial standing while here. Such should be adjusted to the living standards within the country. In other words, why Baht 4-800.000

if he (or she) wants to live here. Follow the average income of a Thai.

This of course to apply for males and females equally. An afterthought! Thailand is a lovely place and her woman are

beautiful. But what shall I think about the laws, in fact stating, if you want to marry one of our woman you have to contribute money in a Thai bank. Isn't this like selling the ladies?

Now this would be a subject for G.W. to enforce while here, perhaps he can talk o/b of Blair as well?

I can imagine Bush to go into history with a sentence like: "Mr. Shinawatra, tear this immigration wall down".

May be a little push, like, if "you don't follow we will search all over Thailand for weapons of mass reproduction".

(WMR)

Thaksin of course should demand for reciprocal rights for tourists. Visiting one of the 39 countries (30 days)

or 14 countries (15 days) whose citizens enjoy the privilege of visa exemption or visa upon arrival, Thais should get the same when visiting there.

I believe with these two changes, most of the visa-problems would be solved. Am I serious? Yes, to the extent that it

will not work, unless I apply to God, The Lord Buddha or Thaksin.

Don't take me too serious so unless I forgot something.

And I am sure there are many more ideas to bring Thailand and at least her immigration laws up to date.