Tourist Visa Or Business Visa

Hi all,

I'm in Thailand for almost a month on a transit visa. I must do my first border hop(visa run?) which this time will be in Cambodia. I'm planning to stay in Thailand for sometime and if possible have a job (to then get a WP for a Non-Imm B visa). I've read about the Poipet border cross and seems the best option this time dispite the ****-hole place that it seems to be.

The tourist visa is valid for 3 months and costs 1000baht while the business visa costs 1500baht (though don't know for how much time it's valid but sure is more than 30 days). Since i'll be doing some visa runs the next months should i get the business visa and avoid paying 1000baht each time i go there or should i get a business visa to save a few bath?

I'm going with my gf and this time i will just cross the border, i mean, get into Cambodia, look around for some minutes and come back into Thailand. Can my gf come with me on a day permission or does she need to have a passport?

Thanks in advance.

You will get better advice from others here about your passport visa but you can’t get those visas in Poipet but I can give you my experience about going to the Poipet border with your girl friend. No don’t do it!!

When a person goes to Poipet for there first time they stick out like a sore on a person’s upper lip. Probably because they always bring there girlfriend. And when the locals see this they stick on you twice as much rather than someone walking around by themselves looking like they have been there many times and they know the game down there.

These are only my experiences others may have had better than me.

But if you don’t head my warning:

When your girlfriend goes she will need her passport and ID card if she doesn’t have this she will have to stay on the Thai side and be hounded by the kids with the umbrellas knowing that she isn’t going anywhere because she is waiting for you and if she gives to 1 o man is she in trouble the kids will come out of the wood works.

I think you get the point.

Good luck

I'm going with my gf and this time i will just cross the border, i mean, get into Cambodia, look around for some minutes and come back into Thailand. Can my gf come with me on a day permission or does she need to have a passport?

Thanks in advance.