3 Facial Moles Removed. Carbon Dioxide Laser

Phatcharanan

I have had 3 moles on my face for absolute years. Never really bothered me before but I thought...why not?

Got a quote from BPH. 3000 baht per mole.....laser removed. Will take about 30 minutes. Right....thanks..........I'll get back to you.

Went to a small clinic on Pattaya Tai (opposite Starbucks........50 meters towards Second Road) Called Dr. Secret. (Yeah I know...............but the missus said they are a big chain in Thailand)

Usual blood pressure, weight, answered a few questions regarding allergies etc. The Doctor explained exactly the procedures, what will happen........etc etc etc.

Had the three removed by the Carbon Dioxide laser. Painless. Went home after 40 minutes. No blood on face. Small transparent little 1 cm sticky plaster thingy on each one. You couldn't see them.

2 days on...........settled nicely. No bandages or plasters on. Small red marks which will go in a few more days.

Total cost for all 3 including meds. 1200 baht. Thats right..... 1 thousand 2 hundred baht.

Fantastic result. Lovely 'nurse assistants' to smile things along.

Missus says I look really handsome. ( I knew that already...loads of Patts girls have told me. )

Edited by Phatcharanan

I have had 3 moles on my face for absolute years. Never really bothered me before but I thought...why not?

Got a quote from BPH. 3000 baht per mole.....laser removed. Will take about 30 minutes. Right....thanks..........I'll get back to you.

Went to a small clinic on Pattaya Tai (opposite Starbucks........50 meters towards Second Road) Called Dr. Secret. (Yeah I know...............but the missus said they are a big chain in Thailand)

Usual blood pressure, weight, answered a few questions regarding allergies etc. The Doctor explained exactly the procedures, what will happen........etc etc etc.

Had the three removed by the Carbon Dioxide laser. Painless. Went home after 40 minutes. No blood on face. Small transparent little 1 cm sticky plaster thingy on each one. You couldn't see them.

2 days on...........settled nicely. No bandages or plasters on. Small red marks which will go in a few more days.

Total cost for all 3 including meds. 1200 baht. Thats right..... 1 thousand 2 hundred baht.

Fantastic result. Lovely 'nurse assistants' to smile things along.

Missus says I look really handsome. ( I knew that already...loads of Patts girls have told me. )

Thanks for the review. I had some moles removed in the US. No lasers. They actually used stitches. I should've had them done in Thailand.

Thanks for the info.

You're right about BPH(Bangkok Pattaya Hospital). They always has been overpriced in ALL aspects of healthcare. They are mean't to make money over their patients especially us farangs. I avoid that place at all costs.

Also at the new Central Festival beach road has several beauty clinics but also are very expensive. Does Dr's Secrets also do skin lightning? My GF has small dark spot on her face she would like to get rid of.

Thanks for the info.

You're right about BPH(Bangkok Pattaya Hospital). They always has been overpriced in ALL aspects of healthcare. They are mean't to make money over their patients especially us farangs. I avoid that place at all costs.

Also at the new Central Festival beach road has several beauty clinics but also are very expensive. Does Dr's Secrets also do skin lightning? My GF has small dark spot on her face she would like to get rid of.

I can't say for definite because I never asked. However, the Doctor did say that he mostly does wrinkle removal........full face laser etc............so I guess that would be yes.

• 1 year later...

Just would like to add something to this thread. The reason that stitches are used in the US?

It is because the mole ought to be removed en bloc and sent to a pathologist to make sure they are not cancer.

I am pretty sure that no reputable physician in the US would advocate for destruction of moles in this fashion.