Social Fund For Employees: What Do They Get?

Hello,

if I understand it right, I have to pay about 1,200 Baht for social fund for 2 employees.

What does the employee get for that that is different from the '30 Baht Health Policy Plan' according to which every Thai, employed or not, gets basic treatment for a contribution of 30 Baht per doctor's visit?

Thanks,

p.

Hello,

if I understand it right, I have to pay about 1,200 Baht for social fund for 2 employees.

What does the employee get for that that is different from the '30 Baht Health Policy Plan' according to which every Thai, employed or not, gets basic treatment for a contribution of 30 Baht per doctor's visit?

Thanks,

p.

Social fund tax is calculated at 5% of monthly salary (paid by both company and employee), max THB 750 a month. So if your staff are earning THB 12k each a month your figure of THB 1,200 is correct. As to the rest of your question, I do not know.

Thanks, but I already knew that.

I would really be interested if there is a different in what Thais get with the general 30 Baht scheme

and what they get if I pay the social funds for an employee.

thanks,

p-

Thanks, but I already knew that.

I would really be interested if there is a different in what Thais get with the general 30 Baht scheme

and what they get if I pay the social funds for an employee.

thanks,

p-

amongst other things, a couple of hundered baht each month in the bank for each of your kids, up to 12K towards maternity costs, unemployment benefits, access to a pension when you retire (I think). If you are in the catchment of certain private hospitals, then your 'default' hospital can be the private one, if that is what you want.