What Is The Maximum Validity For A Thai International Driving License

just wondering, that since i travel a lot (but am based in thailand and live here) i would like to change my current Thai driving license to an Thai International License...but would like to know what the validity is like... (my current thai license is valid for 5 years, will the international be the same, or will it be valid for only 1 year>>)

just wondering, that since i travel a lot (but am based in thailand and live here) i would like to change my current Thai driving license to an Thai International License...but would like to know what the validity is like... (my current thai license is valid for 5 years, will the international be the same, or will it be valid for only 1 year>>)

First of all you dont change you Thai DL for an Thai international license,

Secondly its not a license, it's a permit, in actuality its a "legal" translation of your 5 year Thai DL

Thirdly only valid for a year and you must carry your Thai DL with the IDP. The IDP is not a stand alone document..

And for your next question....I am guessing Mo Chit traffic department..???

Hope this helps

First of all you dont change you Thai DL for an Thai international license,

Secondly its not a license, it's a permit, in actuality its a "legal" translation of your 5 year Thai DL

Thirdly only valid for a year and you must carry your Thai DL with the IDP. The IDP is not a stand alone document..

Hope this helps

Lol, thanks answered all my questions...

I heard that there are companies offering 'International Driver Licenses' which are not the real thing, just a translation of your license, but not the official 'International Driving Permit'. In western countries only view authorized organisations are allowed to issue an IDP, not sure about situation in Thailand.

welo

I heard that there are companies offering 'International Driver Licenses' which are not the real thing, just a translation of your license, but not the official 'International Driving Permit'. In western countries only view authorized organisations are allowed to issue an IDP, not sure about situation in Thailand.

welo

The offical IDP based on Thai DL is issued at Mo Chit traffic department. All IDP are basically legalised translations, no more no less...the 5/10 year varieties are not "legal".... :)