New Hours For Uk Embassy, Starting 10 Aug

Dam nice job,only working 23 hours a week,and getting paid loads of dosh for it. :D

Correction,have yet too see the British Embassy doing any work yet,let alone changing the so called working hours :)

Funny how some people equate public opening hours to working hours. maybe they are adjusting the opening hours to allow them to do more administrive work.

If you care to check to current vacancies on the Embassy website you will see the posts are 36 hours for full time employess.

Yes and they charge a fortune just for a simple letter, already on the com. I never can understand why, don’t they have any financial help from UK GOV? Only us British expats paying. I believe USA Embassy or Consulate don’t charge so much for their services like a letter clarification of address or Pensions income. Maybe I’m wrong??

No, they do not have any financial help from the UK government.

On the contrary, the current Labour government believe that they should run at a profit; hence the massive increases in charges since Labour came to power.

No, they do not have any financial help from the UK government.

On the contrary, the current Labour government believe that they should run at a profit; hence the massive increases in charges since Labour came to power.

Only slightly off the topic.

Perhaps the Labour government (as they have been in power for many years) should also run at a profit, work regular hours and not have 4 months paid holiday a year. :):D