Thaksin Television To Have Test Run In November

george

Thaksin's TVs to have test run in November: Noppadon

BANGKOK: -- Noppadon Pattama, a legal advisor for former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said some channels of Thaksin's 100 TVs will be on air on a test run basis in November.

Noppadon said the staff of the TVs were speeding up meetings on technical issues and content of the stations.

The satellite station will use the same satellite with the People's Channel so that those who have satellite dish and receiver for People's Channel can also tune into Thaksin's TVs, Noppadon said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-08

I have to confess, I feel quite optimistic about this project.

I am interested in what the quality of the content the channel will deliver, november is quite some time away yet though.

I have a feeling the implementation will be successful, simply because Thaksin has the ability to materialize ideas, and secondly, his future rests on it. He simply can't afford another failure at this juncture in his life.

Edited by mc2

BANGKOK: -- Noppadon Pattama, a legal advisor for former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said some channels of Thaksin's 100 TVs will be on air on a test run basis in November.

How do they determine who gets one of the 100 TVs. Online Lottery. :)

....Thaksin's 100 TVs will be on air on a test run basis in November.

Noppadon said the staff of the TVs were speeding up meetings on technical issues and content of the stations.

The satellite station will use the same satellite with the People's Channel so that those who have satellite dish and receiver for People's Channel can also tune into Thaksin's TVs, Noppadon said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-08

Speeding up meetings, ah yes rush rush, the boss has an enthuuuuuusiasm.....

get on the air before they take all the rest of the money.

Technical issues?? Throw money at equipment and techs,

what frequencies did you rent?... you didn't oh.. Uh, who do we call?

Someone at People's channel. But they don't rent satellite time,

well they should know someone. hurry hurry

So yes they are slap-dash throwing together ; some studio rooms

and hooking up to an existing network. Big surprise. 100 unused channels.

But how about content...Ah there's the rub...

FAR harder to come up with... quick, quick, find Samak some coke.

We can easily expect to have Thaksin giving a 'perfect wai' on bluescreen,

edited in as half of ever station identification, can['t forget who's largese makes this happen.

Recycling all his tableau vivants photo-video-ops he did roaming around the country back when...

Building an icon to sell the country in the all too near future.

Branding himself as the new coming savior of the floundering nation.

Granted he hasn't done anything recently except cause insurrection and street riots.

It's all mostly false idols and golden calfs for the people to Cowtow to.

Here give granny 1,000 baht... and shoot that smile.

Cost 1,000 baht for 100,000 baht in poo-litical capital.

Run the film, flim-flam asap and as often as possible.

Nothing shocking, nothing NEW from Dr. T either....

just too many channels of Thaksin propaganda beamed directly into acolytes living rooms.

As if this is some innovation. More pablum for the masses,

with free instructions about who to love when the show is over.

Pathetic as usual.

Edited by animatic

I am interested in what the quality of the content the channel will deliver, november is quite some time away yet though.

I have a feeling the implementation will be successful, simply because Thaksin has the ability to materialize ideas, and secondly, his future rests on it. He simply can't afford another failure at this juncture in his life.

Although I have been in support of the Thaksin government at the time, I don’t think that opening a TV station under his name is a good move (from Thaksin) at all. It will create even more controversy in an already difficult political situation. Thaksin has already received far too much media attention anyway. Maybe one day all charges against Thaksin will be dropped; but until then I would be more concerned about Thailand’s political stability…

Just another note here: Many Thai citizens themselves do not seem to trust into their own political system. My (Thai) wife doesn’t even bother to go to elections. She says “they are all corrupt anyway”…

I hope you clarify things for your wife Asiasurfer.

Demonizing all politicians is exactly the response that the agenized media, the election commission and the PAD/old paternalistic politics wants to create, in their drive toward an appointive system. If they can demonize all politicians, frame electoral problems such as vote-buying being intractable, then they create a receptive anti-democratic environment.

This will enable them to foist their selected politicians on your wife, and she will never, ever again have any recourse. Elections will be a thing of the past.

They plan to have 1,000,000 subscribers who will pay 30,000b per year. This will entitle them to a customized remote control, and an express line at Makro for buying big screen TVs to see the great former leader in all his glory as his head conveniently fills the screen. :)

Some of the above may contain embellishments.

very amazed...... khun Thaksin can operates his channel and setup his own agenda....??? i admired him.... i think by creating his own TV... it will make the political more fair in Thailand....

the government have it's own TV same like the opposition does.... and the citizens can choose freely which one do they think good for them and for their own country....

i ever listen the radio konthaiuk and i do listen to mainstream government Thai radio... for sure it have a lot of differences.... konthaiuk is more informative rather than others mainstream government radio....

basically we don't need a propaganda.... but the fact.... it's important.....

Yes I feel its gonna be succes as well, as Thaksin must have great ideas for content and programs. Educational TV programs such as:

• How to rob your country blind and get away with it.
  • Vote buying specials
  • How to feel happy in te dessert.
  • How to understand the poor from a 500 dollar a night hotel room
  • Stealing is not a crime till you get caught twice
  • Intimidating the media for dummies
  • Murdering 2.500 people and call it a war on drugs

Interesting tv indeed.

Edited by KireB

Yes I feel its gonna be succes as well, as Thaksin must have great ideas for content and programs. Educational TV programs such as:

• How to rob your country blind and get away with it.
  • Vote buying specials
  • How to feel happy in te dessert.
  • How to understand the poor from a 500 dollar a night hotel room
  • Stealing is not a crime till you get caught twice
  • Intimidating the media for dummies
  • Murdering 2.500 people and call it a war on drugs

Interesting tv indeed.

its not going to be a fiction show.

education = non fiction

my car broke down yesterday, its thaksins fault too :)

Some minds have broken down and it IS Thaksin's fault.

Call the toad-truck to get all the fawning toadies carted off, please.

I repeat:

Ferwert if you want to be taken seriously use words that make sense.

Redefining a word because 'you like it' and repeatedly MIS-using it doesn't change the meaning a jot.

Agenized has NOTHING to do with media in any way, by any definition.

It's not like you are coining a new word, it exists already.

Agenized

–verb (used with object), -nized, -niz⋅ing.

to bleach (flour) with nitrogen trichloride.

Also, especially British, a⋅ge⋅nise.

Origin:

1945–50; agene U.S. trade name for nitrogen trichloride + -ize

Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

It's clear you love the word, but it makes little sense.

Call your copy writer and ask for an edit. Lord knows he must be

on retainer and right down the hallway.

Edited by animatic

education = non fiction

But self-serving propaganda = fiction, no ? :D

Perhaps a nice educational programme, on how to make a molotov-cocktail, might be appropriate to the likely audience ? :)

education = non fiction

But self-serving propaganda = fiction, no ? :D

Perhaps a nice educational programme, on how to make a molotov-cocktail, might be appropriate to the likely audience ? :)

Taking a truth our of context and presenting it as something it isn't,

even as it IS real in another sense, is still truth used as a fiction.

The essence of propaganda in action.

As well as taking a falsehood and repeating often enough to obscure real truths.

We Serve to Beg,

We Grovel to Control,

We LOVE YOU more than any others,

We know more than anyone else could,

We need you to bring us home.

Myself and my ego,

which will need another plane for itself.

I repeat:

Ferwert if you want to be taken seriously use words that make sense.

Redefining a word because 'you like it' and repeatedly MIS-using it doesn't change the meaning a jot.

Agenized has NOTHING to do with media in any way, by any definition.

It's not like you are coining a new word, it exists already.

Agenized

–verb (used with object), -nized, -niz⋅ing.

to bleach (flour) with nitrogen trichloride.

Also, especially British, a⋅ge⋅nise.

Origin:

1945–50; agene U.S. trade name for nitrogen trichloride + -ize

Animatic, could it be a typo and he means: agonized

ag⋅o⋅nized

  /ˈægəˌnaɪzd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ag-uh-nahyzd] Show IPA

Use agonized in a Sentence

–adjective

involving or accompanied by agony or severe struggle: an agonized effort.

(Random House Dict.)

After all the media must be agonized writing continuously about this character.

aka. Superman, The Great One, The Redeemer, Thailand's Saviour.

I know in the UK in Sherlock's, time the want ads and public announcements columns

were called the Agony Columns. Not sure about today.

But This mis-used word has been misapplied in about a dozen threads here.

He is repetitively implying that there is some sort of organized 'Agenda' being followed

in the English speaking press, that is hoodwinking ALL farangs.

Tick of fugitive, tick off disgraced, tick off etc etc.

Like there is an official list to be followed to mislead us foreign rabble rousers.

As opposed to the Red Press which is implied as 100% fact and a reference we can't access,

so JUST BELIEVE HIM.... yada yada yada. Follow the script or get docked for going off message.

If this is the level of their script writing this will boring ass television for sure.

He has tried to foreshorten the phrase to save keystrokes.

But the actual mean of his 'applied words' is 'Bleaching white flour media',

which obviously is 'gibberish'... not so un-apropos actually... considering the source.

Copy! Re-write! Pseudo-news at 10PM.

Edited by animatic

• 1 month later...

Why should the former PM of Thailand who is NOW A FUGITIVE get his own channel? So he can feed all the B.S. to the media? On his TV station - there's obviously no news of him being a bad guy. He's always made a martyer by his own TV station.

The Thai government should freeze all of his asset and bring him back to trail in Thailand. He's done more harm to Thailand then the Asia economic meltdown.

I vote for NO oppinionated Thaksin TV... all of his current channels are pretty much BS right now anyways - only drama and Lakorn tv - there's no real value and insight to the REAL politics.

That's my 2 cents!

Why should the former PM of Thailand who is NOW A FUGITIVE get his own channel? So he can feed all the B.S. to the media? On his TV station - there's obviously no news of him being a bad guy. He's always made a martyer by his own TV station.

The Thai government should freeze all of his asset and bring him back to trail in Thailand. He's done more harm to Thailand then the Asia economic meltdown.

I vote for NO oppinionated Thaksin TV... all of his current channels are pretty much BS right now anyways - only drama and Lakorn tv - there's no real value and insight to the REAL politics.

That's my 2 cents!

Well a couple of issues.

Much of his money IS frozen, what was IN Thailand, and is presently in court,

with ex wife and kids as point persons for the salvage attempt.

Of course his continued efforts to stir up unrest in Thailand would make the courts

lean towards as harsh an interpretation as possible to prevent him getting much back.

Why? Besides the obvious political interest, because this CASH is his tool to sow dissent and political chaos.

Why does he get a ~TV station of his very own?

Because he salted enough cash OFF SHORE to afford it.

Of course this is obvious, and of course under Thai tax and investment law this is

patently illegal. But Thaksin was never one to worry too hard about nicities like legality.

If he didn't like the rule he ignore it, changed or co-opted the enforcers,

or just had it re-written to suit his personal needs of the moment.

Not sure how technically adroit the Thai com experts are, but they SHOULD be able to

block him at satellite level transmission. If they understand that they can.

Trying at set top box level will just mean thousands of cracked boxes will get sold/donated to his acolytes.

But someone serious controls the satellite and they are not beyond appropriate pressure from and nation.

It surely will be myopic and boringly repetitive hagiography TV at it's worst.

TV for the converted, and a communication tool for fomenting civil unrest.

Edited by animatic