Udon To Vientianne

springer64

Travelling to thailand late sept would like to spend 2/3 days in Vientianne, whats the story about a visa, will have my 30 day tourist visa from entry in bkk,how much will it cost me?, can i get it when entering from nong khai?, how long do they give you ?, how difficult is it to get?, travelling with thai wife and maybe 2 children,thanks in advance for any help.

Travelling to thailand late sept would like to spend 2/3 days in Vientianne, whats the story about a visa, will have my 30 day tourist visa from entry in bkk,how much will it cost me?, can i get it when entering from nong khai?, how long do they give you ?, how difficult is it to get?, travelling with thai wife and maybe 2 children,thanks in advance for any help.

American? And many other farang nationalities, get 30 days Visa On Arrival on the Lao side of the bridge at Nong Khai, runs $35 or about baht 1,500, plus $1 for Sunday overtime.

Thai, with a Thai passport, will get VISA FREE arrival in Laos, same 30 days.

Kids, depends on what passport they're traveling on.

Only "difficulty" might be is if you arrive on the Lao side just behind a bus load of tourists, then it'll take some time to process the VOA, other than that, pretty much a snap.

Mac

Also remember, when you re-enter Thailand by land, you will only be issued a 14 day visa.

Perhaps, do Laos last?

Only "difficulty" might be is if you arrive on the Lao side just behind a bus load of tourists, then it'll take some time to process the VOA, other than that, pretty much a snap.

Best times to cross, IMO, are before 9am or after 6pm.

Edited by maxjay

Not to go through all the logistical permutations, but there is a PDR Lao Consulate in Khon Kaen that issues on-the-spot visas and is never crowded. It's always nice to arrive at the bridge in Nong Khai with your Lao visa(s) in hand.