Songkla hotels

danbo

I stopped over at Similla(?) Beach  in Songkla recentley on the way back from Penang (the beach with the cat and mouse islands).  I though it was beautiful and want to head back for a longer stay.  Any recommendations on mid-range hotels in the area.  Not really bothered about loads of night life.  A nice beach and a karaoake restaurant/bar will be fine.

Cheers.I.A

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped over at Similla(?) Beach  in Songkla recentley on the way back from Penang (the beach with the cat and mouse islands).  I though it was beautiful and want to head back for a longer stay.  Any recommendations on mid-range hotels in the area.  Not really bothered about loads of night life.  A nice beach and a karaoake restaurant/bar will be fine.

Cheers.I.A

Samila BP Hotel is right in the beach in Songkhla and it'll run you 1250 baht/night.  Just returned from a week staying there.

I've also stayed at the Lake Inn in the past which is not as nice as the BP but costs about half as much.  It's located on the opposite side of town on the lake (hence the name).  There'a also a hotel called Viva on that side of town that costs and looks similar to the Lake Inn.

There are two hotels in the center of town, the Royal Crown and the Songkhla Pavillion but I don't know much about either of these two.

The Thai navy owns most of the land along the beach road in Songkhla so if you really want to stay on the beach, the BP is about the only choice.  I did see that one other hotel/resort had opened up across from the beach but I don't recall its name.

Across the inlet on the peninsula that leads up to Nakhon Si Thammarat, there's a resort called Had Kaew that is located on a quiet beach.  It's about ten-fifteen minutes from Songkhla town if you use the ferry and a bit more of a trek if you opt for crossing the bridges and passing through Ko Yo. You would need your own wheels to stay out there and the price of the rooms is similar to the BP.