Employment Help Needed

Towzak

I am currently resident in the UK but intend to return to live in Thailand as soon as I possibly can. My previous visits have been restricted to 1 month but I now want to become resident in Thailand on a semi-permanent basis.

I am currently looking at job opportunities and obviously teaching English is high on the list. I have a B.Sc honours degree and I am completing a TEFL certificate to broaden my options. Much of my previous work has also involved education in some form or another as i was employed as a library coordinator and spent many years as a community artist, however teaching English as a foreign language in a classroom is alien to me. I have read through the forums and perhaps EP is the way forward, even an IT postion would suit me as my knowledge of computers is of a high standard.

If anyone could give me any pointers as to how I can kick-start my 'new life' with a job i'd be very grateful. I am prepared to live and work in Bangkok or further afield even in the dizzy north of Isaan (my fiancee currently lives and works in Nong Khai).

Thanks! in advance

Towzak.

I am currently resident in the UK but intend to return to live in Thailand as soon as I possibly can. My previous visits have been restricted to 1 month but I now want to become resident in Thailand on a semi-permanent basis.

I am currently looking at job opportunities and obviously teaching English is high on the list. I have a B.Sc honours degree and I am completing a TEFL certificate to broaden my options. Much of my previous work has also involved education in some form or another as i was employed as a library coordinator and spent many years as a community artist, however teaching English as a foreign language in a classroom is alien to me. I have read through the forums and perhaps EP is the way forward, even an IT postion would suit me as my knowledge of computers is of a high standard.

If anyone could give me any pointers as to how I can kick-start my 'new life' with a job i'd be very grateful. I am prepared to live and work in Bangkok or further afield even in the dizzy north of Isaan (my fiancee currently lives and works in Nong Khai).

Thanks! in advance

Towzak.

If you want to teach in the North try looking at AYC Thailand, they are always in need of teachers in the Isaan area.

If you are contemplating teaching elementary or high school, the Thai school year begins approximately May 1. It is divided into 2 terms, with Term 2 beginning approximately Nov.1. If you time your arrival to be about 4-6 weeks before either of those dates, you should have the widest variety and greatest number of positions vacant. Earlier than that, and schools don't yet know their manpower requirements. Later, and the best positions might already be filled.

Ensure that you bring the original copies of your academic qualifications with you. These are required to obtain a Work Permit. (Photocopies are not acceptable.)