New Kitchen - For Condo

I am having a new kitchen renovation. Just thought i'd attach the plan and quotes incase anyone else is doing the same and it may help.

Cheers

I guess the prices are in baht?

To me it looks f**king expensive for such a small kitchen. I hope you have money left to do some cooking! :)

Good luck. :D

I am having a new kitchen renovation. Just thought i'd attach the plan and quotes incase anyone else is doing the same and it may help.

Cheers

.doc is not the kind of formats for internet forums

please attach as jpegs, png or gif

and plain text also

You do realize that one-half of your sink is blocked by a cabinet, don't you? If I were you, I'd think about the layout and, if this is the best solution of the current kitchen designer, I'd try someone else.

Recently did a condo kitchen thru a kitchen builder, large with built in oven, microwave, 4 ceramic cooker, exhaust, double sink, granite tops, wall tiles etc etc. Total cost THB160,000. As I thought that too expensive not getting quoted from a cabinet maker at about THB100,000.

Do I read that correct,51.975 Baht for the granite cupboard.Will it be send over from Africa by private jet?

Sorry for my bad english but I meant counter top.If I look at your kitchen plan I guess you have less then 2 square meter counter top,that means 26000 baht a square meter for granite. :)

You do realize that one-half of your sink is blocked by a cabinet, don't you? If I were you, I'd think about the layout and, if this is the best solution of the current kitchen designer, I'd try someone else.

The size of the kitchen space is limited. Part of the sink can be outside the standing area - the part where you place the dishes for drying.

Here is a photo of the pantry setup of a show unit for a 45m2 1-bedroom unit:

post-77843-1249924985_thumb.jpg

I have a big kitchen bought from home pro, was just half price of that.

The fridge 20.000B and the washing machine 12kg are on the right.

Nice kitchen, it would look better if you re-tile the splashback with 300 x 600mm white tiles laid vertically :)

Interesting to see it looks like the entire walls are tiled :D

The sink is not blocked at all, the draining section is to the left....but then you have limited space

The African granite does seem expensive (but one poster has not taken into account the counter as well as the breakfast bar section which drops to the floor which probably makes it 4 linear metres) The contractor will be going to a granite supplier and simply adding a commission for the granite supplier to do all the finishing. You can go yourself to purchase the granite (its always a major profit centre for the contractor)...but if you have no experience it can be intimidating and you have to take responsibility for the finishing.

The harware does seem pricey to me. The refrigerator is hidden so this does raise the cost but the tap, the hob, the oven etc all appear over priced. Looks like they have slapped a 'commission' on all the hardware. There is nothing to stop you from saying you will source all these items ...it will simply be a one stop shop in somewhere like HomePro

For that price you could go to a number of kitchen suppliers starting with the major furnishing stores such as Index etc through to the independents (as Johan has nicely indicated). One word of caution. I am going to presume that this is a local company producing the doors. More often than not, Thai companies use locally produced chipboard of inferior quality under the veneer. This can come back to bite as #1 it is often untreated and can suffer from woodworm/white ants. #2 the chipboard starts letting off a 'stale' smell in time. Ask if the chipboard is imported...

If the kitchen is entirely locally produced then I would look around for some other quotes...it does not cost anything, just some legwork.

The sink is not blocked at all, the draining section is to the left....but then you have limited space

The African granite does seem expensive (but one poster has not taken into account the counter as well as the breakfast bar section which drops to the floor which probably makes it 4 linear metres) The contractor will be going to a granite supplier and simply adding a commission for the granite supplier to do all the finishing. You can go yourself to purchase the granite (its always a major profit centre for the contractor)...but if you have no experience it can be intimidating and you have to take responsibility for the finishing.

The harware does seem pricey to me. The refrigerator is hidden so this does raise the cost but the tap, the hob, the oven etc all appear over priced. Looks like they have slapped a 'commission' on all the hardware. There is nothing to stop you from saying you will source all these items ...it will simply be a one stop shop in somewhere like HomePro

For that price you could go to a number of kitchen suppliers starting with the major furnishing stores such as Index etc through to the independents (as Johan has nicely indicated). One word of caution. I am going to presume that this is a local company producing the doors. More often than not, Thai companies use locally produced chipboard of inferior quality under the veneer. This can come back to bite as #1 it is often untreated and can suffer from woodworm/white ants. #2 the chipboard starts letting off a 'stale' smell in time. Ask if the chipboard is imported...

If the kitchen is entirely locally produced then I would look around for some other quotes...it does not cost anything, just some legwork.

Feng shui principles - sink is a water element while the stove is fire. They should be separated by an earth or wood element. The stone top is an earth element, thus keep them separated by at least 45cm.

My logic actually is that you need a space next to the stove to place some plates or pots during cooking.

My mum's advice about the kitchen - never use dark grey or black counters and floor tiles. A small light coloured speck stands out and it will be hard to keep your kitchen spotlessly clean.

I indeed overlooked the breakfast bar but let's just say that it is even 5 linear meter that would make it 3 square meter.To my knowledge you can have the most beautiful black african granite at not over 6000 baht a square meter.That makes it still 33000 baht for labour and commission.I suggest the OP gets a quotation from another kitchen company as he is clearly ripped off.