Mail Ordering Pc Parts

LivinLOS

I need to kit out some stuff and even though its not really rare items they are not easy to get hold of here on Phuket.. Some shops will order them for me but the prices they want are IMHO high (eg 20 USD item on newegg is 2500 baht)..

I realize local purchase will have taxes and additional costs and also see the benefit of buying domestically for shipping speed and duty issues so trying to see if there is a Thai mail order PC part supplier..

Failing that does anyone order from US sites and could reccomend a supplier who A) ships to Thailand :o does not charge a fortune to do so and C) is relaitvely fast (2 weeks tops) ??

Need 3 PCI wireless NIC's (802.11b) a logitec cordless desktop (pro) in black.. Perhaps a wireless 802.11b repeater (or AP / Repeater) a gaming steering wheel (usb).. some bits and pieces..

Any shops in Pantip ship and have good prices ??

I've had excellent luck with http://pantipprice.com over about 3 years. Responsive to a phone call, too, which is a big plus in my book, because I'm a bit impatient sometimes :o .

Tohome.com can be fine if you call (Bkk based) and get verbal confirmation of any "when?"'s. They seem to do what they say, over my last 3 orders, anyway. Prices quite good, too, it seems.

Buyer Beware, maybe even more so here, as always... :D

I suggest getting a plane ticket from a bargain carrier and coming to BKK... I doubt any mail order store will carry everything you want. Thailand lacks anything resembling Newegg, which is a pity. However, most common things will have prices similar to the US (with the exception of printers and scanners).

Otherwise

http://www.jib.co.th/ used to have an online pricelist, and they're very cheap, and offer mail order. However, I haven't had any dealings with them, and don't know if they speak any English.

You should check out PantipPrice.com - I have not used them personally but know people who have with nothing but praise for their service.

Good luck.

They will have whatever you order on yer doorstep within 3 hours (in bangkok) if you pay with VISA online, provided its in stock of course. The first order they want a photo copy of yer passport/credit card (with some digits cut out) though :o

Edited by Joey Boy

Do not ship from abroad two reasons: Unpredictable duty charges , (could be huge) and people stealing your shipment , I would imagine the latter applies to shipments within Thailand. It is said that shipping to a Thai name helps.

Get on the plane and go to Bangkok, I would say, and you will be sure of getting what you want.

Edited by spacebass

You should check out PantipPrice.com - I have not used them personally but know people who have with nothing but praise for their service.

Good luck.

They will have whatever you order on yer doorstep within 3 hours (in bangkok) if you pay with VISA online, provided its in stock of course. The first order they want a photo copy of yer passport/credit card (with some digits cut out) though :o

You can also pay cash on delivery here in Bangkok and not need any fax/passport stuff.