Run Over Dog

Simbo

If I stood around outside you house yelling at the top of my voice all night and fighting with every stranger who appeard, attacked children and shat all over. you would be screaming "take this man away, he is a menace to society" and quite rightly too, why do I have to put up with it from packs of soi dogs?

hahahahaha... now THERE is an analogy between dogs and humans that is well worth considering.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi its me the animal person again:

injured dog:  DONT TOUCH IT W/OUT PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM A BITE.  WOUNDED DOGS BITE AND THERE IS A BIG DANGER OF RABIES IN THAILAND... 

Coincidentally, there was a report this evening on the television news that there were 400,000 (FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND) people bitten by animals (vast majority being dogs) in Thailand last year.

There was also 35 cases of rabies from dog bites resulting in death.

It's mind-boggling to me, given those stats, that soi dogs are tolerated at all...

Avoid them like the plague that they are.

Yes they can be a nuisance and yes they can bite if rabid so be careful...but use a little compassion at times....it`s not really their fault.

Just to clarify.... they certainly do NOT have to be rabid to bite.

I agree their wretched existence is not their fault, but in my opinion, the most compassionate thing to do is to end their obvious suffering. Feeding them chicken one day only prolongs their woeful suffering.

So then if you were starving, suffering and near death`s door and begging for food should we decline to feed you because it might make you live a little longer???......

When dogs can do algebra, I'll consider your analogy between dogs and humans...

but just to show I don't discriminate between species, I do support euthanasia for humans that choose it.

...Shame that the poor dogs don`t have a choice as well...

injured dog:  DONT TOUCH IT W/OUT PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM A BITE.  WOUNDED DOGS BITE AND THERE IS A BIG DANGER OF RABIES IN THAILAND... 

Coincidentally, there was a report this evening on the television news that there were 400,000 (FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND) people bitten by animals (vast majority being dogs) in Thailand last year.

It's mind-boggling to me, given those stats, that soi dogs are tolerated at all...

Yes they can be a nuisance and yes they can bite if rabid so be careful...but use a little compassion at times....it`s not really their fault.

I agree their wretched existence is not their fault, but in my opinion, the most compassionate thing to do is to end their obvious suffering. Feeding them chicken one day only prolongs their woeful suffering.

So then if you were starving, suffering and near death`s door and begging for food should we decline to feed you because it might make you live a little longer???......

but just to show I don't discriminate between species, I do support euthanasia for humans that choose it.

that's the way it's supposed to be... but they need not feel alone. I support the same treatment for rats, flies, cockroaches, mosquitos, disease-causing bacteria, the HIV virus, and any other life form that is a threat to humans.

Edited by sriracha john

that's the way it's supposed to be... but they need not feel alone. I support the same treatment for rats, flies, cockroaches, mosquitos, disease-causing bacteria, the HIV virus, and any other life form that is a threat to humans.

Yes I`ve gathered that you seem to like the word analogy or parallelism.....Let me know how you go on with the branch of mathmatics dealing with relations and properties of numbers by means of general symbols...and I am sure that you could teach a dog a thing or two...

another crackdown?
they had a dog cull in Bangkok a couple of years back, they were spose to shoot them, but the price of bullets was too much ,so they bludgeoned them with sticks with nails in instead

You could have it sponcered for charity..a weekly thing, send out the boy scouts.."will you sponcer me 10 baht a dog please mister?" kill two dogs with one stick...count me in for the slaughter and the charitable giving

Put a 30 baht bounty on dead Soi dogs and see how much Thais love animals :o:D

There's 210 baht waiting at Nai Harn Beach, Phuket:

dscn7172c9bl.jpg

You`ve obviously missed the other three dogs in the background 10 in total.

Nice to see the dogs going for a dip....I suppose it`s too polluted for human bathing....

:D You've got a good eye! OK, 300 baht, but I think the owners walking the other 3 dogs might get upset :D .

But yes, they were in and out of the water all the time. I'm sure I saw one of them up to its b*lls wading in the water and having a pee. Just like the humans I suppose :D .

Surely they wouldn't ! I'll never go into the sea again ! :D

another crackdown?
they had a dog cull in Bangkok a couple of years back, they were spose to shoot them, but the price of bullets was too much ,so they bludgeoned them with sticks with nails in instead

You could have it sponcered for charity..a weekly thing, send out the boy scouts.."will you sponcer me 10 baht a dog please mister?" kill two dogs with one stick...count me in for the slaughter and the charitable giving

Put a 30 baht bounty on dead Soi dogs and see how much Thais love animals :D:D

dscn7172c9bl.jpg

Nice to see the dogs going for a dip....I suppose it`s too polluted for human bathing....

:D You've got a good eye! OK, 300 baht, but I think the owners walking the other 3 dogs might get upset :D .

But yes, they were in and out of the water all the time. I'm sure I saw one of them up to its b*lls wading in the water and having a pee. Just like the humans I suppose :D .

You gotta watch where you walk on the sand, too... eeeww :D !

:D ! Subject: :o

>>Run Over Dog, first time

well, simbo - seems like the dog of this thread got run over already 68 times (without this my post) .... and keeps being run over again and again and again. don't you pity poor dog (this subject, which became trite already) ? I mean - first time is ok.... but 60+th - is cruel ! :o

>>Run Over Dog, first time

well, simbo - seems like the dog of this thread got run over already 68 times (without this my post) .... and keeps being run over again and again and again. don't you pity poor dog (this subject, which became trite already) ? I mean - first time is ok.... but 60+th  - is cruel !  :D

Perehaps this "Dead dog" thread will overtake the "Rain..." thread? :o

So if the dog was playing around near some cows and got stepped on through its own "stupidity" would it really be that big of a deal. So do you go back and put the bird that smacked your windshield out of it's misery? How about the snake you ran over? Sh1t happens.

1. If a dog runs out in front of you slow down the best you can, swerve a little if conditions allow. I'm not going to risk getting in an accident or worse hurting someone else over an animal that spends it's life around cars and motorbikes... It ought to have learned by now that running out in front of something way bigger than itself is going to hurt (I'm sure the dog had seen plenty of his "buds" getting squashed). Your evasive reaction ought to be consistent too... you never know when this will happen on a rain slicked road, going around a turn with oncoming traffic on both sides (motorbike on the shoulder, big dump truck on the oncoming lane).

2. If you still end up hitting the dog, drive on. Sure it sucks. The dog is screwed up... hopefully dead, but it wasn't your fault. Too many things can go wrong with going back to "clear your conscience". I mean really, aren't there other things you've done/doing in your life that you can feel more "guilty" about?

I've missed lots of animals in my time driving... Feels good too when I've missed them. I've hit 3 dogs though. Felt pretty bad too. But got over it quick... There wasn't anything I could have done different in those situations.

Oh here in Thailand... a quick honk on the horn works really well. I was initially a little worried about doing that.. Thinking the dog would be surprised and run in front of me... The dogs, however, seem to be conditioned to make the right move and get out of the road.

I guess I've run it over for the 72nd time. One of the guys I used to work with used to say about something that's been talked to death.. "That cat is flat" :o

So if the dog was playing around near some cows and got stepped on through its own "stupidity" would it really be that big of a deal.  So do you go back and put the bird that smacked your windshield out of it's misery? How about the snake you ran over?  Sh1t happens.

1. If a dog runs out in front of you slow down the best you can, swerve a little if conditions allow. I'm not going to risk getting in an accident or worse hurting someone else over an animal that spends it's life around cars and motorbikes... It ought to have learned by now that running out in front of something way bigger than itself is going to hurt (I'm sure the dog had seen plenty of his "buds" getting squashed). Your evasive reaction ought to be consistent too... you never know when this will happen on a rain slicked road, going around a turn with oncoming traffic on both sides (motorbike on the shoulder, big dump truck on the oncoming lane).

2. If you still end up hitting the dog, drive on.  Sure it sucks.  The dog is  screwed up... hopefully dead, but it wasn't your fault. Too many things can go wrong with going back to "clear your conscience". I mean really, aren't there other things you've done/doing in your life that you can feel more "guilty" about?

I've missed lots of animals in my time driving... Feels good too when I've missed them. I've hit 3 dogs though. Felt pretty bad too. But got over it quick... There wasn't anything I could have done different in those situations.

Oh here in Thailand... a quick honk on the horn works really well. I was initially a little worried about doing that.. Thinking the dog would be surprised and run in front of me... The dogs, however, seem to be conditioned to make the right move and get out of the road.

I guess I've run it over for the 72nd time. One of the guys I used to work with used to say about something that's been talked to death.. "That cat is flat" :D

I did hear, Ken Dodds dads dogs dead too :o

So if the dog was playing around near some cows and got stepped on through its own "stupidity" would it really be that big of a deal.  So do you go back and put the bird that smacked your windshield out of it's misery? How about the snake you ran over?   Sh1t happens.

2. If you still end up hitting the dog, drive on.  Sure it sucks.  The dog is  screwed up... hopefully dead, but it wasn't your fault. Too many things can go wrong with going back to "clear your conscience". I mean really, aren't there other things you've done/doing in your life that you can feel more "guilty" about?

I guess I've run it over for the 72nd time. One of the guys I used to work with used to say about something that's been talked to death.. "That cat is flat" :D

I did hear, Ken Dodds dads dogs dead too :o

Surprisingly...most of the dogs look both ways before they cross the road...infact some of them are better at crossing the road than humans......Pity about the speeding motorists, the dogs never stand a chance... :D

another crackdown?

Put a 30 baht bounty on dead Soi dogs and see how much Thais love animals :D:D

dscn7172c9bl.jpg

You gotta watch where you walk on the sand, too... eeeww :D !

:D ! Subject: :o

Yeah I agree that the beaches are looking a bit RUFF these days...maybe doggie loos could be a major tourist pull.... Maybe one of Thaksins friends has spare factory capacity to produce them.....but I suppose it would be 5 baht for Thai dogs and 10 baht for Farang dogs....you can just see the Farang dogs crossing their legs because the owners won`t cough up... :D

Perehaps this "Dead dog" thread will overtake the "Rain..." thread? :D

yeah, let's bet !

or even better: let's make a poll about it - in a separate thread ! :D

I hope no money changes hands as gambling on dogs is illegal :D:o

what about other commodities - like Chang ?

and also - perhaps winner will use those money for dog's charity - to make welfare work for stray dog? may be concession would be made for such gambling - for the sake of dogs ?

yeah, let's bet !

I hope no money changes hands as gambling on dogs is illegal :D:o

what about other commodities - like Chang ?

and also - perhaps winner will use those money for dog's charity - to make welfare work for stray dog? may be concession would be made for such gambling - for the sake of dogs ?

Are you talking about elephants or beer?

Maybe if people drank a few less beers they could donate the saving to the welfare of the dogs...... or does this sound Barking mad?? :D

yeah, let's bet !

I hope no money changes hands as gambling on dogs is illegal :D:D

We could just have a gentemens bet on who can run over the most dogs in a month. That way, we would be doing a public service to this Wonderful country. Who knows, perhaps we may start a trend. :o

If you come across a plump, juicy soi dog while driving, make sure you aim for the head so you won't mess up the meat. Same goes for cats, but you probably have to have the skills of Mark Schumaker to get one of those...they are quick! :o

If you come across a plump, juicy soi dog while driving, make sure you aim for the head so you won't mess up the meat. Same goes for cats, but you probably have to have the skills of Mark Schumaker to get one of those...they are quick! :o

Schumaker would certainly have to improve after his dismal performance in Australia this weekend...Schumaker 0 Dogs 1..

>>>oh and by the way....Where did you last see a plump juicy soi dog.....you want to be careful the owner might be after you..

Most of the ones I see are thin, starving creatures with barely enough meat to cover their bones :D

Where did you last see a plump juicy soi dog

There are a few around where I live...perhaps they are new arrivals or maybe they are eating leftovers from the street vendors or trash cans. Most of them are real thin...maybe they burn off all that fat dodging cars. If you get one that's not too mangy, you can have lean meat! :o I think some people more or less keep them as pets, so as you say, watch out for the owner if you make one of those soi dogs eat your radiator.

Come to think of it, you don't see too many stray cats around. Cats pretty much take care of themselves (natural hunters) and don't depend so much on human affection. Many stray cats just end up becoming feral or perhaps the soi dogs eat them. :o

Where did you last see a plump juicy soi dog

There are a few around where I live...perhaps they are new arrivals or maybe they are eating leftovers from the street vendors or trash cans. Most of them are real thin...maybe they burn off all that fat dodging cars. If you get one that's not too mangy, you can have lean meat! :o I think some people more or less keep them as pets, so as you say, watch out for the owner if you make one of those soi dogs eat your radiator.

The nearer the bone the sweeter the meat. :D

Wife says the local Vietnamese stick dog road kills in the pot

That's pretty nasty...eating roadkill already half-baked by the tropical sun and seasoned by who knows how much bacteria. :D If you were going to eat roadkill, better to get it with your own vehicle...that way the meat is still fresh! :o