Vietnam

Never see it mentioned, so just wondered about getting a 1yr type '0' in Vietnam ?

Already have 5 years of Extensions, but will be unable to meet the 800k in the bank for the next 2 years..

Vietnam being closer then Perth wondered what the score is in Vietnam and if anyone has been ?

I went to Ho Chi Min recently for Non Imm B and I have to say it was a pleasure, no queues, it opened before its normal time when they saw me waiting, all paperwork checked while I was there and everything ready the following day, all with smiles. If you contact them they will tell if you if the do the type of visa you require.

I flew air france for 5160 baht return, one thing though, you will need a visa to get into Vietnam, i got it at the embassy in bangkok and takes 3 days, quicker if you pay more

I went to Ho Chi Min recently for Non Imm B and I have to say it was a pleasure, no queues, it opened before its normal time when they saw me waiting, all paperwork checked while I was there and everything ready the following day, all with smiles. If you contact them they will tell if you if the do the type of visa you require.

I flew air france for 5160 baht return, one thing though, you will need a visa to get into Vietnam, i got it at the embassy in bangkok and takes 3 days, quicker if you pay more

Air Asia has great promos right now for BKK - SGN, although I took the air france 5160 ticket last time and loved it, especially the free wine service.

I got my visa for Viet Nam from a travel agency that takes it up to Khon Kaen and processes it there, even cheaper than if you go to the embassy in Bangkok (1600 all-in for mine).

3 days processing - same as the embassy.

-Nathan

They will all issue a single as they expect you to extend within Thailand.

My Post was: Never see it mentioned, so just wondered about getting a 1yr type '0' in Vietnam ?

So they will issue in Ho Chi Min/Saigon a 1yr Single entry '0' Visa ?

• 2 weeks later...
I just tried to get a thai O from HCMC (I'm working here). No go without being married. best I could do would be a 60 day tourist visa.

Guess I'll have to go back to Hull UK for my O when I stop working...

That would depend on what reason you apply for a non-O. You won't get one based on visiting friends in Asia, but for retirement for instance it shouldn't be a problem.

I was there in HCMC last month.My wife is Vietnamese,but we live in Thailand where I have a 1 year Non Imm O with the extension based on retirement. I asked them if she could have a 1 year Non Imm O and they couldn't/wouldn't do it.I have asked there before as well ,about a year ago (before we were married),and the answer was No then as well.In the past we have got several Tourist visas there,but never more than single entry,again they couldn't/wouldn't issue double entry ones.This time they did issue a 90 day single entry Non Imm O and explained that she could extend it for 12 months as my dependent,once in Thailand.As another poster has said,they are not busy there,and friendly and helpful,but obviously they have strict limits on which visas they can/will issue,and they will not issue 1 year Non Imm O visas.

Edited by lekatai

I was there in HCMC last month.My wife is Vietnamese,but we live in Thailand where I have a 1 year Non Imm O with the extension based on retirement. I asked them if she could have a 1 year Non Imm O and they couldn't/wouldn't do it.I have asked there before as well ,about a year ago (before we were married),and the answer was No then as well.In the past we have got several Tourist visas there,but never more than single entry,again they couldn't/wouldn't issue double entry ones.This time they did issue a 90 day single entry Non Imm O and explained that she could extend it for 12 months as my dependent,once in Thailand.As another poster has said,they are not busy there,and friendly and helpful,but obviously they have strict limits on which visas they can/will issue,and they will not issue 1 year Non Imm O visas.

Have your marriage certificate translated to Thai then have the translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then a trip to immigration and she will get an extension of stay as your dependent. Just do it within the last 30 days of her permit to stay from the visa entry. After that she will need a re-entry permit the same as you need to leave and re-enter.

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking at what to do for 2 years.....

Just cannot face the journey to Hull, or Stuttgart [speak read and write German + have a German i.d] so at the moment it looks like Perth...

Perth Aus = 1 yr '0' + 4 x boarder runs every 90 days, so would need to do this twice...

On the other hand looking at the boarder runs every 90 days, [+ how cheap it is to fly] just wondered it I could simply go and get a 90 day single entry Non Imm 'O' from any Embassy/Consulate in Asia for the next 2 years?

The only place I have been was about 9 years ago for a weeks holiday was Hanoi... The idea of spending a few days in different places around Asia while also getting a 90day Visa sounds sort of appealing.

Is there/will there be any problem in doing 7 x 90 day single entry Non Imm 'O' Visa all around Asia..?. I am English and will be 60 and in the eyes of Thailand Single.

Edited by ignis