Nz Embassy - Visitor Visa

Beforehand, I would like to thank TV for clarifying the re-entry application. I have tried the e-visa of Immig and is schedule to go this Friday, the 14th. So we'll see what will happen.

Now, I have a totally different question. After my trip to Philippines, my fiance and I will be going to NZ embassy to apply for Visitor's visa. He wants me to visit NZ on December so I could meet the parents. My problem is my visa Non-b will expire on Sept. 29 which will be renewed before the said date. But how can my company renew it if NZ embassy is still holding it? He said they will need to hold my passport for about 2 weeks. Is this right? How long does it usually take for them to process a visitor's visa?

Also, after this we will apply for a residency and I bet this one will take longer. Do they keep it the whole time? or they will give the passport back and return it to them when it's time to stamp the visa?

My fiance is a UK national who is working in NZ and already have residency there for so many years now.

Am greatful for your response.

Thank you again TV.

Edited by cashe