Bang Wad Dam

minefield

I see on google earth someone fishing in the dam, I am coming over later this year to look at the prospects of retiring in phuket, I enjoy deep sea fishing but my main love is fly-fishing.

can someone tell me what the fresh water fishing is like, I have read about there some dams that you have to pay to fish , But there also must be places where it's free to fish, Even off Phuket Island.

One other question;... SNAKES, I lived for 22 years in Austraila and was told to look over every log as there may be a snake laying there , In all my time there and most was spent in far north QLD I saw 2 snakes, And they were going like hel_l to get out of my way.......My wifes only concurn !!!

Edited by minefield

I see on google earth someone fishing in the dam, I am coming over later this year to look at the prospects of retiring in phuket, I enjoy deep sea fishing but my main love is fly-fishing.

can someone tell me what the fresh water fishing is like, I have read about there some dams that you have to pay to fish , But there also must be places where it's free to fish, Even off Phuket Island.

One other question;... SNAKES, I lived for 22 years in Austraila and was told to look over every log as there may be a snake laying there , In all my time there and most was spent in far north QLD I saw 2 snakes, And they were going like hel_l to get out of my way.......My wifes only concurn !!!

Hello Bang wad dam is hard fishing, but theres some big giant snake head in there.. i have seen photos of a guy when he was night fishing there and they were huge fish.. i tried myself but caught nothing ..

Its free to fish there mate so your ok there.

If you fancy a day fishing when you come drop me a PM i know a few good places here in phuket really good freshwater fishing if you like i could show you where to go maybe have a day fishing if your up for it.

hi, there is salt water fly fishing, we are getting ready to give it a go come Nov when the seas calm.

I live in Rawai have a bar and restaurant on the beach, i take care of a 6.2 m centre consul aluminium oz built boat for a mate of mine. Your welcome to join us.

Cheers

Jay

Hi Jay and Chuppachops,

Just before I arrive I'll PM you both,[When my house sells] As we intend to retire in Phuket ,I live in the Mlaborough sounds so we fish for groper and blue cod and the odd king fish and when I'm not at sea I'm up the high country rivers chasing brown trout, A good size trout is around 6-10lbs, A lot of fun.

I will be bringing all my fishing gear,Including my fly rods and with the high NZ dollar and prices in Phuket a buyer can not come quick enough.

Leave some fish for me

Cheers..........Graham :)