Relationships In Thailand

macb

She "pays half the bills of the house and everything"????

Where did you meet her? Most forumers here would give anything to meet a woman like that! :) Its hardly usual!

Do you really think that all 100% of Farangs pay for Thai females??

There are even Thais who work a go go, while her Farang boyfriend waits at her apartment for the money she brings home and gives him!

No, of course not - only 99%, hence my comment. :D

BTW, has it crossed your mind that if a woman works in a go go bar and brings home money to her farang b/f, no Thai male would have anything to do with her?

So what? She loves him!

Seems you are too much and maybe too long in that bar scene.

You're (deliberately I suspect) missing the point entirely! Personally, I've been in a bar twice during my 4 years here. They show the 'bad' side of Thailand in a way that is worth avoiding.

My comments are purely based on all the relationships I know here. Yes, there may be a tiny minority of go go workers who have Thai males chasing them - but are so in love with a farang they support him entirely. I've never seen it or heard of it, but it could happen. :D

Other than that, I go back to my original point that its v rare for a T woman to share the household costs. The poster whose g/f does this is extremely unusual!

As for me, I am looking for a normal give & take relationship, similar to what I might have had back in my home country, where a relationship is not based primarily on money.

A rather naive statement dont you think ?....At the end of the day almost all relationships in one shape or form are based on money, irrespective of in Thailand or other country. I will back this up with saying what is one of the top reasons people get divorced in the West ?....Money

My spin on this question, and know I am generalising and doesnt apply to eveyone, but based on observations after being here for 8 years:

1. Vast majority of Farangs who take Thai wifes, are mid-aged, divorced at least once in their own countries. In a large number of cases these indivduals appear to have a "chip" on their shoulders about one thing or another..

2. Age difference between said Farang and Thai wifey is generally greater than 15 years and unless you are Rod Stewart, realtionships like this very rarely work out.

3. It appears that a lot of the Farangs have "purchased" their wives and display them as "trophies" .no more no less....ie in terms of "relationship" there isnt one....

4. It also appears that a lot of Farangs have "control" issues with their wives....ie They want a "servant" not a wife/GF..see 1

If we combine the above with the normal cross cultural issues, ie language etc.....You have to ask the question what exactly are these "relationships" built on ?.

The only conculsion I can come to is that the only common demominator is money.....Thai wifey is with Farang for money only, in these cases...Marriage of convienience only...therefore neither party really care what the other one does.

Farang thinks its alright to have a bit on the side and sees nothing wrong with it, as he has "paid" for wifey...so his property, but if wifey decides on a "Gik"...then you will see all h*ll break loose...again goes back to control...

My thoughts

Naive? Maybe. However my two previous marriages, one to an American and one to a Malaysian Chinese were not based on money in any way, shape or fashon. Divorce was also not about money and no money was transferred in such action. In Thailand almost all relationships, with a Farang are about money. In 5 years here I have met one lady, who I was romantically involved with, who did not ask for or expect money. It is a pretty sorry situation really, but there are many choices (of ladies), which is not the case back home.