Multiple Entry On A 6 Month Visitor Visa - Uk

UK 6 Month Visitor Visa - Multiple Entry Query

TGF is currently over on 2 week holiday and is loving the UK(especially the weather as she finds it "comfortable").

She is keen to coming back for 4 weeks when her Uni finishes in late October and her visitor visa will expire on the 25/12 so should be ok.

Has anyone got any experience of return entry? Is this ok?

I am worried that her original application never mentioned she would return and that this could jepordise further visits?

Luckily she got an easy time from UK Border Control in Glasgow but and I am worried she may receive a difficult time or even be refused???

No problems whatsoever, the six month multi entry is exactly what it says and she will be allowed to return, subject to satisfying the IO at the port of entry that it's a genuine visit and that she has sufficient funds.

You have probably factored in that she will need to by out of the UK by the time the visa expires.

Don't worry about her not declaring her intentions when the visa was first applied for peoples plans change and it is quite acceptable. I cannot imagine that a person applying for a two year, or longer, visa to declare all their travel plans for two years in advance.

She might want to include details of extra trips in her covering letter if and when she applies for a visa in the future.

I'm glad she likes the weather. but I thought you said she was flying into Glasgow :)

If the terms of her visa application has changed immigration can refuse her entry but i have only experienced this once.

I would not worry its a 6 month multi entry so enjoy your time together.

Thanks for this.

Out of curiosity what exactly do you mean by "If the terms of her visa application has changed"?

We/She are/is in the same situation financially and acadmically as when we made the application. She is keen to come back as she wants to visit London etc and will be on holiday from Uni for 6 weeks in October/November. I said I would pay her flights.

Would she be better bringing her bank book etc to prove that she has the required funds (£3k) stated on her initial app?

UK immigration at any port of entry have the power to question a person seeking entry to the UK before allowing entry.

However, to do so they must have reason to suspect that:-

The person's circumstances have significantly changed since the visa was issued

or

The person is seeking entry for a purpose other than that for which the visa was issued

or

The person has previously breached the terms of this or a previous visa

or

The person intends to breach the terms of this visa

or

The visa was obtained by means of deception

or

Any other reason given in the immigration rules, Para 321.

If the person's responses confirm their suspicions they can refuse entry.

Which I think is what TVE meant.

As I am sure that none of the above apply in your girlfriend's case, you have nothing to worry about.

I see no need for her to bring her bank book, unless she will be travelling without a return or onward ticket; in which case she may need to show immigration that she has the means to purchase a ticket out of the UK.