Johnnie Walker

oMega69

Some countries apply a higher tax on alchohol % by volume. So if the green is stronger say 40% then there will be a higher tax on it than say the gold label which is 35%.

No idea of the % for either as i hate Johnnie walker. But might explain it if in Thailand.

Some countries apply a higher tax on alchohol % by volume. So if the green is stronger say 40% then there will be a higher tax on it than say the gold label which is 35%.

No idea of the % for either as i hate Johnnie walker. But might explain it if in Thailand.

Hmm.. interesting . . i will take a look in Foodland for that . . it might be that . . 43% maybe. .

I would neverever buy Johnnie Walker again after the way the company payed off 500 staff in Scotland :) overated whisky is Johnnie Walker always take over six bottles of single malt for gifts always keep the best one for myself :D

Give this man a cigar.

JW Gold is a blend, 40%.

JW Green is a blend, 43%.

I would neverever buy Johnnie Walker again after the way the company payed off 500 staff in Scotland :) overated whisky is Johnnie Walker always take over six bottles of single malt for gifts always keep the best one for myself :D

JW is a Diageo brand. The own so many brands it will be hard to boycott them all without going teetotal.

JW Green has a cork not a screw cap.

JW Green is superb.

JW Gold is very good.

Cork u say ? . .hmm . . sounds strange... u mean same as a wine bottle ? . . . . why they do like that ?

Not quite like a wine bottle (no need for a corkscrew) and I agree with syd JW green is fairly good with a wee drop of water...Slainte!

Haven't read the other posts.

But personally I did not like the gold, not one bit. In fact I'd prefer a red over the gold.

To me gold tastes like a less than average blend, whilst the green is at worst a decent (and maybe under rated and under priced) single malt.

JW Red and Gold are the "Coca Cola" of the whiskey world - very good marketing and sales which has established the name world wide (especialy in the Far East - big in Japan), but its a very average product quality wise.

Real whiskies (and dam_n good whiskies) - Laphroaig, Lagavulin and some old Springbank's - now JW starts to look like a cheap brandname cola alternative alongside genuine Coke.

By the way:

- Thailand is JW's 3rd largest market in the world

- the "Keep Walking" campaign, which has turned out to be JW's most successful marketing campaing ever, was launched in Thailand.

- JW Blue (JW's rarest whiskey) comes in various guises - top of which is the "King George V" crystal decantered edition - I have one (un-opened) engraved with a picture of His Majesty the King. Got to be worth something to a Thai whiskey collector. Any offers?

JW Red and Gold are the "Coca Cola" of the whiskey world - very good marketing and sales which has established the name world wide (especialy in the Far East - big in Japan), but its a very average product quality wise.

Real whiskies (and dam_n good whiskies) - Laphroaig, Lagavulin and some old Springbank's - now JW starts to look like a cheap brandname cola alternative alongside genuine Coke.

By the way:

- Thailand is JW's 3rd largest market in the world

- the "Keep Walking" campaign, which has turned out to be JW's most successful marketing campaing ever, was launched in Thailand.

- JW Blue (JW's rarest whiskey) comes in various guises - top of which is the "King George V" crystal decantered edition - I have one (un-opened) engraved with a picture of His Majesty the King. Got to be worth something to a Thai whiskey collector. Any offers?

Coca Cola of the whiskey world....so true! Blue Label is superb but I never miss getting my Glenmorangie at duty free.... so smooth, you spoil it with a wee drop of water.

Haven't read the other posts.

But personally I did not like the gold, not one bit. In fact I'd prefer a red over the gold.

To me gold tastes like a less than average blend, whilst the green is at worst a decent (and maybe under rated and under priced) single malt.

Ah the wonders of marketing campaigns,

Green Label — a vatted malt that is a blend of about 15 individual single malts, the signature malts being Talisker, Cragganmore, Linkwood, and Caol Ila – Aged 15 years. 86 proof. 43% ABV. Previously sold under the name 'Pure Malt'.

full details found here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnnie_Walker.