2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 st class insurance is available from kwaker dealer. at 7500 baht it covers 180k for the Ninja 650 and very good third party and bail bond.

Does this compare well to whatever you get through thaivisa? Is it Kawasaki's own thing or are they just passing you onto another company?

1 st class insurance is available from kwaker dealer. at 7500 baht it covers 180k for the Ninja 650 and very good third party and bail bond.

Does this compare well to whatever you get through thaivisa? Is it Kawasaki's own thing or are they just passing you onto another company?

It's a 3rd party company. Forgot the name just now.

Falcon, kwaker dealers are agents. according to insurance docs, cover is very good. I have no accident claim experience with falcon though

as i understand thai visa can not insure new vehicles, only used and must be inspected first. my apologies to tv if I m wrong :)

Falcon, kwaker dealers are agents. according to insurance docs, cover is very good. I have no accident claim experience with falcon though

as i understand thai visa can not insure new vehicles, only used and must be inspected first. my apologies to tv if I m wrong :)

Sorry but yes you are wrong - we (Thai Visa) are Brokers and can insure new and used :D

...I just received a quote from TV :15ooo baths 1ST class for my new bike red plate...Falcon trough kawa quote me 11500baths yesterday

If its a Ninja 650r I see no need of paying Falcon more than 7500baht cause thats what several buyers/tvmembers have payed. PM for phonenumber if you like, or just tell kwaker-dealer thats what you want to pay

Sorry to derail you from you insurance fights... But could anyone tell me the finance deal that they do on the Ninja 650R?

How much down, how many months, interest... What paper work did you need when you bought it??? Please, I have a bet with my friend that I will get one before June... (I need a big bike and soon I have saved enough).. (Poor teacher)...

Sorry to derail you from you insurance fights... But could anyone tell me the finance deal that they do on the Ninja 650R?

How much down, how many months, interest... What paper work did you need when you bought it??? Please, I have a bet with my friend that I will get one before June... (I need a big bike and soon I have saved enough).. (Poor teacher)...

Ninja 650R costs 257,000 Baht. If you have a work permit you can finance one for 175,000 Baht down payment and finance the rest at 6.5% over 24 or 36 months. Go visit Kawasaki HQ on Rama 9 and they'll give you the finance sheet.

It will be a happy day when you can get rid of that toy car avatar :)

Ride On!

Tony

122909Ninja650RViewSm.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

...I just received a quote from TV :15ooo baths 1ST class for my new bike red plate...Falcon trough kawa quote me 11500baths yesterday

If its a Ninja 650r I see no need of paying Falcon more than 7500baht cause thats what several buyers/tvmembers have payed. PM for phonenumber if you like, or just tell kwaker-dealer thats what you want to pay

If you pay 11k instead of 7, maybe it's a better insurance? The Falcon is supposed to be 1st class but I have never tried it. In part because of the 5,0000 baht deductible. When I made an uncontrolled stopping maneuver on my D-Tracker and managed to scratch all panels on the left side plus the front, and bent the handle bars and shifter and clutch lever, the grand total came to 2,500 baht for replacement parts! Incredible - that's half the panels on the bike.

Perhaps that more expensive insurance has a lower deductible?

The Falcon is supposed to be 1st class but I have never tried it. In part because of the 5,0000 baht deductible. When I made an uncontrolled stopping maneuver on my D-Tracker and managed to scratch all panels on the left side plus the front, and bent the handle bars and shifter and clutch lever, the grand total came to 2,500 baht for replacement parts! Incredible - that's half the panels on the bike.

LOL, Yeah, you really have to have a pretty serious crash to do more than 5000 Baht damage to a Thai built Kawasaki- the parts are so incredibly cheap! Guy who bought my ER6n ran it into a guard rail and had to replace a bunch of parts - grand total came to something like 1200 baht including labor! :) Ride On! Tony

Seems like http://www.ninja650shop.com/ have it all. So if not available in Thailand for cheaper - guess that's the easy way.

Any dealers offering less than the 257k standard? Selling off 2009 stock maybe?

Never made in LOS or sold 2009. Started delivering 2010 in august.

Most dealers charge extra for compuls insurance, tax and reg 1500-1900 baht.

I saw a black and grey one - which I was told was 2009 colours - at CM a few days back. Not sure on the score there.

2009 Diablo Black was all black, no gray, and never made in LOS. Look at the gauges/tacho/speedo. Digital 2010, I belive analog 2009. The dealer may however say its a 2009 :) Here in Phuket they still say our 2010 Ninja 650s are 2009. :D:D But their stock will be all 2010 when sold/delivered in january.

Even if you could save a few k baht. I would by it locally to ensure good service or repairs.

So are people seeing the 2010 650R in all black or black with silver lower? 

And if you sell the bike, Falcon will give you a refund. I just got my 5000 baht check yesterday.

And if you sell the bike, Falcon will give you a refund. I just got my 5000 baht check yesterday.

Or if you don't cancel the policy you can transfer it to the new buyer. (That's what I did with my last two bikes).

Or if you don't cancel the policy you can transfer it to the new buyer. (That's what I did with my last two bikes).

Right. My buyer didn't want to do that.

Is that tire marks and a car in the ditch?

1-21-20107-44-14AM.jpg

Hi ScubaNinja!

Ha! You spotted that! Yeah, female driver :) She seemed alright and I couldn't be bothered to stop and see how she managed to pull a "Travelmate" (ie. crashing on an almost perfectly straight road) :D

BTW- how were you able to capture a frame out of the video? Seems a handy trick!

Ride On!

Tony

BTW- how were you able to capture a frame out of the video? Seems a handy trick!

Ride On!

Tony

Easy way:

Press "Print Sceeen" button at the desired time, paste into paint or photoshop/other program for graphics & edit/crop accordingly.

Thanks! Didn't know that would work with video- I'll give it a try!

Ride On!

Tony

Easy way:

Press "Print Sceeen" button at the desired time, paste into paint or photoshop/other program for graphics & edit/crop accordingly.

I use Snagit. http://download.cnet.com/Snagit/3000-2192_4-10004813.html

No print screen button on my laptop.

Cheers guys for trampling right over my last question, I don't feel like a scooter rider one bit - honestly.

So Tony I notice your clip-ons in the vid (looking very nice) so where is the best place to purchase them and how much should I expect to pay. I understand they go onto the tree above the yoke, how is the lock-to-lock situation? Any info is much apreciated.

Glyn

Ride On!

Tony

Easy way:

I use Snagit. http://download.cnet.com/Snagit/3000-2192_4-10004813.html

No print screen button on my laptop.

Snagit is great, I use it on Windows.

CMD-shift-4 on Macs.

Cheers guys for trampling right over my last question, I don't feel like a scooter rider one bit - honestly.

So Tony I notice your clip-ons in the vid (looking very nice) so where is the best place to purchase them and how much should I expect to pay. I understand they go onto the tree above the yoke, how is the lock-to-lock situation? Any info is much apreciated.

Glyn

Hiya Glyn,

I installed Sport Bars, not clip-ons. Bought them from Ninja 650 Shop:

http://www.motospecialties.com/store.asp?s...e2=Sport%20Bars

Cost $157.99 and had a friend carry them over in his luggage from the US.

Installation was quite easy and the lower bars are a great improvement over stock IMO. Clearances are very tight, but I can still go lock-to-lock.

Ninja650V2SportBars6.jpg

Am going to order some more for some Thai friends here in Bangkok- would you like a set as well?

Ride On!

Tony