2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

Tony, is that your green with the gp pro on it, looks loud...is there an issue with the rear foot peg..or only for photo purposes...HD

Hi Husskydog,

No- that's not mine- I've got an Arrow on the way- should finally be here next week- feel like I've been waiting FOREVER! Sport bars are coming too- I still haven't asked my friend to measure them to see if they have the same 'defect' as the ones you ordered... I need to get on that ASAP!

Happy Trails!

Tony

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, is that your green with the gp pro on it, looks loud...is there an issue with the rear foot peg..or only for photo purposes...HD

Hi Husskydog,

No- that's not mine- I've got an Arrow on the way- should finally be here next week- feel like I've been waiting FOREVER! Sport bars are coming too- I still haven't asked my friend to measure them to see if they have the same 'defect' as the ones you ordered... I need to get on that ASAP!

Happy Trails!

Tony

There seems to numerious guys now having issues on the other board, the last guy even got tubes with electical tape over the missdrilled hole..?? as his throttle side tube had 2 holes in it...tut tut...if thats the case, i dont know if you saw my post re..the pcv+autotune , sorry, you`ll need to get one the auto tune is pretty hot.. :)

Wowser, saw Ninja 650 with a color scheme similar to the Ninjette pictured below at the Chiang Mai Kawaker dealer today. Very nice. L_Ninja_B-R.jpg

Someone said in another thread that is the 250R......

Here's a rack that I made up, using 100bt worth of scrap steel. It's quite small but it was made to measure with the base of a small ruck-sack that I already have. It's designed to go on & off in a minute, 4 wing nuts underneath clamp it to the grab handles, no mods needed, other than hoping the black paint on the grab-handles doesn't scratch over time, hence I took mine back to alloy finish.

Anybody planning on a trip to Malaysia for the Motogp?

Has anyone crossed the Malay border on a MC before with some advice for me?

post-64189-1254451964_thumb.jpg

post-64189-1254451986_thumb.jpg

Anybody planning on a trip to Malaysia for the Motogp?

Has anyone crossed the Malay border on a MC before with some advice for me?

Hi NinjaGladiator,

Yes- there are a bunch of bikers planning to ride down to MotoGP in Malaysia at the end of this month. I know of at least two big Thai groups plus a small contingent of SSR riders as well as some ThaiVisa folks.

Here's a ThaiVisa thread for you: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Riding-Malay...09-t276894.html

It includes some good information about border crossing requirements and forms too.

You want to ride down to Bangkok and go with some of us the rest of the way?

Would be cool to finally meet you.

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Husskydog,

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony

Hi Tony , i am back in the UK at the mo and want to buy a Arrow can and bring it back with me please could you tell me exactly

what fittings i need to ask for because when i rang B&C Express Ltd a dealer i got of the arrow website he was unsure which fittings

to supply with the can? or maybe you could let me know where you ordered yours from so i can get all the right bits .

Beautiful bike Tony. Thanks for the posting. I am a new rider and was prepared to purchase a 2009 650r as my first bike until I discovered your 2010 650r with ABS posting. There is no knowledge of the 2010 650r with ABS or any of the 2010s for that matter in Canada right now. I may have to wait until 2010 to find out if the 2010 650r with ABS will be available here for next year. Anyway, I was wondering if you had a chance to try out the ABS and if you would be posting a video for that? Also, I am just over 6' tall and I was wondering if my legs might be to cramped up on the 650r after a while because I was getting a little cramped up on the 250s that I was training on? Thanks.

Edited by rrr97

Thanks for the info and invite BBB, it's just a pipe dream at the mo, I got my wife looking glumb faced at the idea and my mate nagging to just jump on a package deal and be done with it, (some people have no sence of adventure).

Bisto, was there any need to paste all of the original post, it's time consuming for us to scroll through screening for new info in between, it was a necessary long, informative, and well illustrated intro to this new thread, but doesn't need repeating 6 pages on, if mods decide to delete, can you delete my two-pence worth as well???

rrr97, when I heard the new bike came with abs standard, I thought "there we are then", I honestly (in my 22yrs of riding) never thought I'd locked up my breaks during use, not even in rain. So now I'm amazed cos in 2 weeks and 500km I have had the rear abs kick in 3 times, it's a gentle vibration felt through your foot, everytime its happened has been on lose surfaces or when the back wheel takes off over a ridge (lump) and briefly loses contact with the tarmac. It's not intrusive, and I doubt it was saving me from anything whatsoever, but it's nice to know, 1. it works, and 2. it's there when things might get sticky.

Hi Tony , i am back in the UK at the mo and want to buy a Arrow can and bring it back with me please could you tell me exactly

what fittings i need to ask for because when i rang B&C Express Ltd a dealer i got of the arrow website he was unsure which fittings

to supply with the can? or maybe you could let me know where you ordered yours from so i can get all the right bits .

Hi!

<deleted> kind of dealer is B&C that they don't know which Arrow pipe fits the Ninja 650R?! I mean, the Ninja 650R is the same as the ER6f and I know that bike has sold very well in the UK, so it's not like they shouldn't be familiar with it... :)

Anyway- I ordered mine from the Ninja 650 Shop in the US (ninja650.com)

Arrow Exhaust for Ninja 650R/Versys

Item #: arrown1 Price: $260.99

Outstanding price and have a friend bringing mine over in his suitcase next week- can't wait!

Ride On!

Tony

Beautiful bike Tony. Thanks for the posting. I am a new rider and was prepared to purchase a 2009 650r as my first bike until I discovered your 2010 650r with ABS posting. There is no knowledge of the 2010 650r with ABS or any of the 2010s for that matter in Canada right now. I may have to wait until 2010 to find out if the 2010 650r with ABS will be available here for next year. Anyway, I was wondering if you had a chance to try out the ABS and if you would be posting a video for that? Also, I am just over 6' tall and I was wondering if my legs might be to cramped up on the 650r after a while because I was getting a little cramped up on the 250s that I was training on? Thanks.

Hi rrr97,

I had a Ninjette 250R a while back and put 12,000 km on it in 5 months and loved it. I'm 5'10" tall and found the Ninjette fairly comfortable with the exception of the seat which I consider a real ass buster. Moving up to the ER6n and now the Ninja 650R was a lot easier on my rear, but otherwise the riding positions are all fairly neutral and upright. The distance from pegs to seat on the 650's isn't that different from the 250. The bars on the 650 are quite a bit taller than the 250.

Anyway- if you're in Canada I can't imagine October would be a very popular time to buy a new bike :) Hopefully you'll be able to get the 2010 Ninja 650R with ABS in the new year.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Installed some of the new Carbon Fiber bits on my Ninja 650R this morning and thought I'd share some pics-

ER6nCFHugger650SmSSR.jpg

The Carbon Fiber Tire Hugger / Chain Guard looks great!

ER6nCFHugger650bSmSSR.jpg

Here's the Carbon Fiber tail piece:

ER6nCFTail650RSmSSR.jpg

And a look at one of the frame covers-

ER6nCFCover650aSmSSR.jpg

Another view-

ER6nCFHugger650aSmSSR.jpg

I also got a Carbon Fiber front fender, but the stock green fender looks so good I'm not sure I want to change it... :)

Ride On!

Tony

The Carbon Fiber Tire Hugger / Chain Guard looks great!

Yepp Tony, looks really great :)

Christmas today, recieved white plate, book and insurance docs :D

The book says of course its a 2009, but who cares we all know Ninja ABS is 2010

Bit disappointed Falcon insurance covers only 180k for bike, but better than nothing. Positively surprised it covers 2mill baht bailbond, one mill for Liability property and 10 mill liability 3rd person.

Bit disappointed Falcon insurance covers only 180k for bike, but better than nothing. Positively surprised it covers 2mill baht bailbond, one mill for Liability property and 10 mill liability 3rd person.

You are correct- the Falcon policy is cheap(er) because it doesn't cover the full value of the bike. I'm pretty sure that was mentioned in another thread a long time ago. When I went to insure my ER6n last year Kawasaki in Bangkok offered two plans- one full coverage and higher premium, and the Falcon plan, lower premium, lower coverage. Take a look at your policy- when I got mine it said my bike was a 2009 ER6f! :D I do have a friend who had to make a claim and Falcon did pay, so I guess they're all right... :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

You are correct- the Falcon policy is cheap(er) because it doesn't cover the full value of the bike. I'm pretty sure that was mentioned in another thread a long time ago. When I went to insure my ER6n last year Kawasaki in Bangkok offered two plans- one full coverage and higher premium, and the Falcon plan, lower premium, lower coverage. Take a look at your policy- when I got mine it said my bike was a 2009 ER6f! :D I do have a friend who had to make a claim and Falcon did pay, so I guess they're all right... :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

KAWASAKI NINJA ER-6F, 2009 of course. I have yet to see a vehicle in LOS registered in 2009 as model 2010. Impossible to enter the DMV computer.

I didnt plan to get any insurance at all, but since it was only 7500 baht I did. Im ok with 180k coverage. Most important is liability and bailbond. Sometimes hard to raise 2 mill baht bail in 3 hours :D

Anyway now I m whiteplated with a copy of book and insurance under the seat, so ready for BiB :D and whiteplate is larger than red, so my girlfriends back hopefully wont get wet when road is wet :D

that is aweful.Yuk!

I am sorry.The Japanese can only produce cheap looking copy's.

For proper machines one must buy European.

Where can one purchase a nice ducati?

One can buy from the Ducati dealer Ducatisti Co in BKK for approx twice the price of the same bike in Europe. Enjoy!

that is aweful.Yuk!

I am sorry.The Japanese can only produce cheap looking copy's.

For proper machines one must buy European.

Where can one purchase a nice ducati?

One can buy from the Ducati dealer Ducatisti Co in BKK for approx twice the price of the same bike in Europe. Enjoy!

and when its broke, wait for spareparts and have it repaired in BKK at a price.

I love high end euro motors, but I live in LOS and enjoy my Kwaker, Accord and Vigo.

Kata.. it seems that the Thai ducati dealer are reasonable priced and have many spare parts in stock.At least thats what some owners are saying. BUT i for one would still not pay nearly twice the price for a Ducati when i could get a Kawasaki for approx 1/3 of the price of the cheapest Duke. Makes no sense, especially here in Thailand where you cannot use all the potential that they seemingly have. The Kawasaki Er6 and Ninja 650 are perfect for Thailand, Low cost, Low service, Good midrange and all the top speed that most people would want here in the land of dumb cage drivers.

Edited by thaicbr

Kata.. it seems that the Thai ducati dealer are reasonable priced and have many spare parts in stock.At least thats what some owners are saying. BUT i for one would still not pay nearly twice the price for a Ducati when i could get a Kawasaki for approx 1/3 of the price of the cheapest Duke. Makes no sense, especially here in Thailand where you cannot use all the potential that they seemingly have. The Kawasaki Er6 and Ninja 650 are perfect for Thailand, Low cost, Low service, Good midrange and all the top speed that most people would want here in the land of dumb cage drivers.

I was close to get a BMW, but the sparepart and repair situation south of BKK really put me off. Even if Ducati LOS carries some spareparts there is, as I know, not anyone south of BKK qualified to repair or diagnose it.

When it comes to Kwaker top speed, I havent passed 160 yet and probably wont. At least not in shorts and slippers :)

What I like about Kwaker in LOS is the simplisity of buying, register, service and repair in any major town in LOS at very low cost.

and of course the price of purchase, since its almost taxfree compared to imported bikes.

My book says 2009. I pointed this out and the sales manager said, "Yes, correct, 2009." Anyone else having this happen? Is my bike a 2009 or 2010? Will this have an effect on anything?

Heh heh- well, your sales manager isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, is he? :D

I liked katabeachbum's explanation, "KAWASAKI NINJA ER-6F, 2009 of course. I have yet to see a vehicle in LOS registered in 2009 as model 2010. Impossible to enter the DMV computer."

Doubt very much it's anything to worry about.

Only 2 more weeks before we head down for MotoGP!!! :):D:D

My book says 2009. I pointed this out and the sales manager said, "Yes, correct, 2009." Anyone else having this happen? Is my bike a 2009 or 2010? Will this have an effect on anything?

Heh heh- well, your sales manager isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, is he? :D

I liked katabeachbum's explanation, "KAWASAKI NINJA ER-6F, 2009 of course. I have yet to see a vehicle in LOS registered in 2009 as model 2010. Impossible to enter the DMV computer."

Only 2 more weeks before we head down for MotoGP!!! :D:D:D

Yeah well when I saw 2009 on the book, I thought I heard 20k baht in equity get sucked out of the bike in a matter of seconds. :) It will effect resale.

MotoGP. Yes. Glad to hear your still going. Heard no chatter recently. Yer'all Cambo crazy over at the SSR forum. Sure hope Bard comes through with those paddock passes!!!! :D

Only 2 more weeks before we head down for MotoGP!!! :D:D:D

Yeah well when I saw 2009 on the book, I thought I heard 20k baht in equity get sucked out of the bike in a matter of seconds. :) It will effect resale.

MotoGP. Yes. Glad to hear your still going. Heard no chatter recently. Yer'all Cambo crazy over at the SSR forum. Sure hope Bard comes through with those paddock passes!!!! :D

Had the same thing with my 2007 Camry, delivered november 2006, and 2006 in the book. But of course a 2007 since thats a new body. No problem when I sold it, buyer new it was a 2007 made in 2006 with 2006 book. Same with our Ninja ABS, they are 2010, never made them as 2009.

Woohoo! FINALLY got my new Arrow exhaust and installed her last night in my living room. :D

1013Ninja650RArrow.jpg

Amazingly easy to install, cuts 4.6Kg off the bike, and according to Arrow it adds 3Hp :)

1013Ninja650RArrow3.jpg

1013Ninja650RArrow2.jpg

This first vid is with the exhaust baffle in:

And here it is again with the baffle removed:

RIDE ON!

Tony

Well then Tony, did you get your bars too, and r they ok for holes or did they give you a set with the two holes on the throttle side, as they were taping over the wrong hole and just pushing them out the door..

Does the arrow come with a o2 threaded stub like my scorpion or do you have to weld one on like your previous 2bros ?, for the dynotune autotune... i will hear the clips later when my internet speeds up a little bit..HD