2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

If you're bored you can help me compile a list of must have mods for my 650R I pick up in 13 days... :)

LOL, if you're bored go ahead and read through the last 15 pages of this thread and you'll find a pretty comprehensive list of popular mods for your new Ninja 650R. There are also some forums dedicated to the Ninja 650R.

Check these out:

http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-650r-er6/

http://www.riderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Ride On!

Tony

Read and been through them all Tony! 8 D

Matt.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone checked this out:

Anyone on here removed the baffles from their airbox? What about performance filters for the 650R?....

Matt.

Yep seen before.

baffles/snorkels already out on mine, breathes a little better and sounds different but i suggest dont do it unless you have a pcv fitted as this does lean the mix out , like i have along with a modded (db killer) scorpion slip on can. Dont bother with the sub plate removal if you want a smooth throttle responce, it gets a little jumpy with them off, i tried it and didn`t like it...

Oh and a word of WARNING!!!!!!!! For all the 650r owners out here, check the two 12mm bolts on the right side under the steering that hold the light and fairing main bracket onto the main frame, both my bolts came loose last night...the tell tail sign is the mirrors vibrate a little more and the fairing starts to rattle.......i took them out and applied stud lock to them and pulled them back up..........

good old QC control in thailand..i not think

Hey Tony, I've had a look at the spec for this bike and I'm not sure about it now. There's no ashtray fitted as standard. Do you do ashtrays in carbon fibre? Are the easily retro-fitted, or do I need to go to a Kawasaki main dealer?

The widest part of the Ninja 650R are the mirrors and they can certainly get in the way when trying to weave your way through Bangkok traffic.

So today I replaced the stock Ninja 650R mirrors with stock mirrors from a Ninja 250R:

Ninja250RandEX650MirrorsSSR.jpg

Some before and after pics:

EX650MirrorsaSSR.jpg

Stock mirrors above and Ninja 250R mirrors below:

Ninja250RMirrorsonEX650SSR.jpg

From the other side-

EX650MirrorsSSR.jpg

Stock mirrors above and Ninja 250R Mirrors below:

Ninja250RMirrorsonEX650aSSR.jpg

Headed out for a little ride this afternoon to see how much I can see out of these new mirrors.

Whaddya think?

Ride On!

Tony

Good idea Tony,

i wonder what the wind noise will be like as they look close to the screen, drumming or buffiting (spelling) noise?

Are they exspense, and can you see enough backwards.

I often wondered if the handle bars would have cross fitted from the 250 to the 650 but probably not..

P.s you didn`t happen to ask the cost of the front light when you picked those up by any chance? i`ll maybe phone rama 9 today and ask...i hope the mirrors work out ok..HD :)

Good idea Tony,

i wonder what the wind noise will be like as they look close to the screen, drumming or buffiting (spelling) noise?

Are they exspense, and can you see enough backwards.

I often wondered if the handle bars would have cross fitted from the 250 to the 650 but probably not..

P.s you didn`t happen to ask the cost of the front light when you picked those up by any chance? i`ll maybe phone rama 9 today and ask...i hope the mirrors work out ok..HD :)

Cheers HD, I'm headed back to Kawasaki this afternoon (or perhaps tomorrow). I'll be happy to ask them the cost of the headlight assembly, but I suspect it's a long list of parts... I'm not quite clear which parts you want.

The 250R mirrors, btw, cost 654 Baht for the pair!

The Ninja 250R does not have a handlebar like the EX650, but rather clip on type bars.

Ride On!

Tony

I hear you Ray! I keep thinking the same thing about other Kawasaki models, like the ZX6R and Versys, though to be quite honest I really do find the Japanese build quality to be superior to that of the Thai built Kwackers... Happy with my Thai built bikes but the quality does not quite match that of my Made in Japan bikes IMO...

The biggest tease is the KLR650 which is made right here in Thailand and would be a ripping fun bike for touring SE Asia but isn't available for sale in Thailand because it can't pass the Thai emissions... Argh!

Back to quality- Its little things like the cleanliness of the welds and quality of paint and finish. Look at the Japanese welds on the Vulcan 900 or Ninja ZX10R compared to the frame welds on the Ninja 650R or ER6n and you'll see right away what I'm talking about... My most recent peave is the crap quality Thai-made DID chain that Kwacker is using on their ER6n's and Ninja 650R- a 520 chain that won't last 20,000km?! What a piece of junk!

L_07Custom01.jpg

Now, as for the Vulcan 900, it goes for 460,000 Thai Baht here in the Land of Smiles. Seems there are a lot of versions of this bike in the US and MSRP in the US is between ~US$7300-US$9300 depending on which model you choose. If they were to build it here in Thailand I imagine the price would still be somewhere between the 300-400 thousand range. C'mon man- if you want it, buy it! They really hold their value here and while I'm not a big fan of cruisers I've ridden with some Vulcan owners and these bikes sound great and are surprisingly quick. Ride On! Tony

Now if they would just build the 900 here OH Happy Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by BigBikeBKK

Just the whole assembly, eg black full casing with the glasses on the front as they are bonded on anyway, i dont need any bolts,bulbs, rubbers or cables etc. just the casing as i want to fit my projectors inside and if i f...ck up i will have a spare to go back to stock..

Cheers,

how where the mirrors?

HD

UPDATE I`ve just phoned rama 9 , and they quoted 3070 bhat , i think i explained it out ok to them, eg if i had a stone break the glass etc, and they are in stock......

Edited by husskydog

The widest part of the Ninja 650R are the mirrors and they can certainly get in the way when trying to weave your way through Bangkok traffic.

So today I replaced the stock Ninja 650R mirrors with stock mirrors from a Ninja 250R:

I rear visibility was not good on my 650R, I can't imagine those shorter ones being worth anything. I did, however, swap paint once with a car's side mirror doing 50kph. That's not fun either.

"It'll fit....It'll fit.... Oops."

------

Talking to the Manager, Pongsak at Phuket Kwackers yesterday, who is a nice chap but has a tendency to share random information with me whether I asked the question or not, told me that the ER6n and 650R can be made white (pearl stardust white) with original parts for an additional 10,000 and 13,000 baht respectively. He wasn't entirely sure about the 650R and was checking and would call me today. He hasn't. He did have some pictures on hand of a white ER6n and seemed certain on that.

KawasakiER-6Nwhite.jpg

big_kawasaki_ER6f_2010_09.jpg

I would bet money that if he is able to order the white for the 650R, it will arrive saying "ER6f" on it, since that is what it is called in places where the white is offered.

I asked him about red, and he said he didn't think so, but would check.

53140a7a-427f-42d7-9c50-e358808967f.jpg

One would think you could get the ER6n in plasma blue as well, but I didn't ask.

2009_2.jpg

Indeed the ER 6n can be made white and K. Pongsak knows that because I have done mine with him just last week. Parts took only 2 days to come to Phuket after I ordered them from Kwacker Headquarters in Bkk. 3 hours installation...and there we go...

Here some pics...sorry about the green water hose

... :)

post-88486-1268875831_thumb.jpg

post-88486-1268875842_thumb.jpg

post-88486-1268875853_thumb.jpg

Indeed the ER 6n can be made white and K. Pongsak knows that because I have done mine with him just last week. Parts took only 2 days to come to Phuket after I ordered them from Kwacker Headquarters in Bkk. 3 hours installation...and there we go...

post-88486-1268875831_thumb.jpg

post-88486-1268875842_thumb.jpg

post-88486-1268875853_thumb.jpg

White looks awesome!

Saw a Pearl White Ninja 650R at Kwacker HQ yesterday and it looked beautiful! Only 13,000 Baht for a complete color change on the Ninja 650R... And you keep your original parts so you can change colors around depending on your mood. Tempting :D

Trying to post up some pics of the Pearl White Ninja 650R buts seems TV is still having technical issues...

Ride On!

Tony

Hey Ray,

You're welcome to take mine for a spin if you like (but I've put lower bars on mine which is probably NOT what you'd want for a bad back...) The stock bars are quite tall making for a pretty upright and neutral seating position. Take one out for a test drive sometime- you might be pleasantly surprised.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Man they look great I often wonder if I could actually ride one but with the back I doubt it.

Well that explains why he was so excited to share this info. I think those are the same pictures he showed me. Certainly the same bike, but why did I think you got a 650R, not an ER6n?

Vanilla, you been absent on the thread for a while. Been busy riding the new bike I suppose?

Well that explains why he was so excited to share this info. I think those are the same pictures he showed me. Certainly the same bike, but why did I think you got a 650R, not an ER6n?

Vanilla, you been absent on the thread for a while. Been busy riding the new bike I suppose?

Well, not exactly mostly busy with work, have the bike now for 2 weeks and only did 300km, just on the weekend, still have to keep up with family duties...etc....

never thought of getting a 650R, just like everything "naked" :D

yep, Khun Pongsak kind of liked the idea of he doing the first white one here in Phuket...

cheers,

Headed out for a little ride this afternoon to see how much I can see out of these new mirrors.

Whaddya think?

Great for riders with really narrow shoulders... hahaha :D

Agreed :D

From the road safety angle, it could be a lemon, but if you want to stay with them

stick a couple of 30mm wide angle mirrors on the glass, from any supermarket. 100bt. :)

Ninja 250 Mirrors on Ninja 650R

Ride On!

Tony

These work surprisingly well!!

LOL- yeah- better than I expected! And the elimination of the vibration that you get in the stock mirrors is a nice added bonus as well :)

Ride On!

Tony

Ninja 250 Mirrors on Ninja 650R

Ride On!

Tony

These work surprisingly well!!

LOL- yeah- better than I expected! And the elimination of the vibration that you get in the stock mirrors is a nice added bonus as well :)

Ride On!

Tony

Looks good.

So, is that now the cheapest, less expensive (Big) Bike I can buy in TH.

I still ride an aging Honda CBR 400-after 14 month parking it took a long time until the 4th mechanic got the carborators in order.

She is still fun with her loud sound around Phuket, also the traffic here is to much for a good ride.

Kawasaki is the only Motocyle company who comes with a bigger bike with a good price?

And in Phuket where can I look the bike, possible test ride it?

At Phuket town? Is there also an more open exhaust available? I like people here me coming before they see me and go out of my way.

Price about?

Thanks for some answers.