Home Pro(fessional Liars)

basjke

At Home Works in South Pattaya, I found that some staff were allocated a certain brand to sell and as such would direct me to only that brand of appliances, saying it was the best ones there. If I knew what I wanted (did a little research, so I did), I would just say I want this other brand and either the sales guy for that other brand would come along or I would be told it's his day off and you come tomorrow okay? Right enough, the guy was on holiday, the next day he was there. Whether this applies to Home Pro, or even Big C, I don't know.

Personally I've found staff at Home Works, Home Pro and Home Mart for that matter mostly quite accommodating, although there has been a couple of occasions where I had to stand my ground on what I really wanted too.

Never had a problem with Homepro ,Pattaya Klang .I bought loads of things there in doing up my Condo .Anything ordered was delivered on time and in good order .In the store people do not follow you around .A very professional operation .Home Mart by big C on Sukhumvit by Pattaya Thai are also excellent .

Many Farang are just professional moaners ,and are never happy . :)

Edited by Thaifan2

Never had a problem with Homepro ,Pattaya Klang .I bought loads of things there in doing up my Condo .Anything ordered was delivered on time and in good order .In the store people do not follow you around .A very professional operation .Home Mart by big C on Sukhumvit by Pattaya Thai are also excellent .

Many Farang are just professional moaners ,and are never happy . :D

Well you must be the only person in here then who gets that spotless service and don't get followed around.There are numerous posts everywhere on this forum regarding this practice in general.

However the last line of your reply intrigues me the most.Does it point to your numerous negative comments in the topic about the park in trouble? :)

>>However the last line of your reply intrigues me the most.Does it point to your numerous negative comments in the topic about the park in trouble? <<

There are very good reasons for negative comments about the Park development .( like it has been stalled for nearly a year now ,with no end in sight ) .Thankfully i did not buy there . :)

Posts have been removed for making broad generalisations about Thai people.

If the "Thai Bashing" continues, I will have to close this topic.

I feel you can close most responses here for this reason. I am appalled by the disdain for Thais, born out of ignorance, expressed here. Some of the writers are here more than a couple of years and still don't master the way to inter react with Thai people. The arrogance is truly pathetic, learn some Thai and keep your posture, don't give them the accepted western superior act. Be friendly but firm in your requirement and above all keep it light, confrontations, so loved in the West, are abhorred here, if you like it or not that is irrelevant. Thais are a bit like children, they are unconfortable with serious "Farangs". I took the effort to master the Thai language and I do not try to trip them by pretending I don't know, I start straight away in Thai and am precise in explaining what I want and ask if there is a problem or not. Don't forget that it is impolite to say no, there is not even a Thai word for no, the use mai chai which means not yes. If I am not happy with a sales person I ask for the manager, the hua na, that solves all problems if there is any to start with. Try to make an effort to arrive in Thailand and forget to use your home country as a bench mark.

Many Farang are just professional moaners ,and are never happy . :D

Well you must be the only person in here then who gets that spotless service and don't get followed around.There are numerous posts everywhere on this forum regarding this practice in general.

However the last line of your reply intrigues me the most.Does it point to your numerous negative comments in the topic about the park in trouble? :)

Sorry Bas, you are wrong, I also am a happy customer from Home Pro. And I do not get disturbed by the sales person staying near me, when I have any question they can answer me and if they don't know they ask a colleague who usually has the answer. Try to be a bit "lighter" when you interact with the sales staff, they will respond like wise.

If I am not happy with a sales person I ask for the manager, the hua na, that solves all problems if there is any to start with. Try to make an effort to arrive in Thailand and forget to use your home country as a bench mark.

If you read the OP again then you will notice that I talked with a manager about the toilet issue but that he later denied having talked with me at all.

You will also notice from the OP that the discussion regarding the kitchen all happened with an almost complete management team and that they even kept lying to me constantly even after I notified them that I could understand what they were discussing in thai between each other and with the staff.

>>I also am a happy customer from Home Pro. And I do not get disturbed by the sales person staying near me,<<

In both Home pro and Home Mart people do not follow me around .They may occasionaly ask ,can they help ,but i reply that i am just looking and they leave me alone .There are other shops that do follow me around from first going in the door ,and i never return to those shops .

I think the workers there tend to stand back a bit if you seem like you know what you're doing or have contractors along, or perhaps if you look like you might be cranky or a trouble maker. They only badger the folks that they find magnetically attractive maybe.

:)

If I am not happy with a sales person I ask for the manager, the hua na, that solves all problems if there is any to start with. Try to make an effort to arrive in Thailand and forget to use your home country as a bench mark.

If you read the OP again then you will notice that I talked with a manager about the toilet issue but that he later denied having talked with me at all.

You will also notice from the OP that the discussion regarding the kitchen all happened with an almost complete management team and that they even kept lying to me constantly even after I notified them that I could understand what they were discussing in thai between each other and with the staff.

Sorry Bas, If you put pressure on local people regardless of their station they will try to get out of that confrontation any way they can. Again, don't bring your Farang attitude along, do it their way, a little joke and stay light. I don't say accept BS but know how to get the end result which you want. You never get this by confronting or saying that they lie, just say Poot len which means tell a joke. They will then realise that they don't have to freeze up for the serious Farang. Flow with the water, don't swim against it you will be tired and don't get anywery.

". I took the effort to master the Thai language .

Its a shame that the some of the staff don't make the effort to master sales technique.You don't have to be a master of the Thai language to buy a toilet or a fan thats infront of you.

When will you arrive in Thailand??

Sorry Bas, If you put pressure on local people regardless of their station they will try to get out of that confrontation any way they can. Again, don't bring your Farang attitude along, do it their way, a little joke and stay light. I don't say accept BS but know how to get the end result which you want. You never get this by confronting or saying that they lie, just say Poot len which means tell a joke. They will then realise that they don't have to freeze up for the serious Farang. Flow with the water, don't swim against it you will be tired and don't get anywery.

Ok mister thai teacher here we go.

You order kitchen cabinets at a value of 89.000 baht and pay them in advance to be delivered on a date 3 weeks after you paid to give them the time to have them ordered all together so there will be no colour differences.

Then just a few hours before it is time for delivery they tell you that the factory delivered a broken cabinet (lie) and tell you it will be only a delay of 45 days before you can go on with building your kitchen.

Then when you go there to discuss the matter in a polite way however you know they are lying about the order they tell you they ordered everything from the factory in 1 time (lie again) because you understood from their conversation in thai with their staff a few minutes earlier from which branches they ordered the cabinets and what went wrong.

Then they offer you to replace the faulty cabinet with one that is of a different size,60 cm high instead of 80 cm high. :)

Next they keep you waiting while they are so called negotiating with the manufacturer ( more lying ) at 9PM while in fact 3 of them are calling every branch in thailand to find out which branch has such a cabinet in the show kitchen installed which for sure will have changed colour from an unpacked unit.

After about 30 minutes they tell you the manufacturer agrees to produce one cabinet in the next 12 hours ( even more lying ) because they just located a cabinet in the show kitchen in another branch.

So after all you expect me to say poot len?No I say to you poot maak khun dre , I can understand from the replies in the topic from the burglar alarm systems that you deliver about the same kind of service in your business as home pro(fessional liars) maybe that is why you are defending them.

I think the workers there tend to stand back a bit if you seem like you know what you're doing or have contractors along, or perhaps if you look like you might be cranky or a trouble maker. They only badger the folks that they find magnetically attractive maybe.

:)

Can't really say I'm aggressively followed there, although I reckon they must get a massive commission on selling water heaters. Whenever I walk past that area they most positively assault me trying to sell one :D. Somtimes twice, on the way in and again on the way out!

Sorry Bas, If you put pressure on local people regardless of their station they will try to get out of that confrontation any way they can. Again, don't bring your Farang attitude along, do it their way, a little joke and stay light. I don't say accept BS but know how to get the end result which you want. You never get this by confronting or saying that they lie, just say Poot len which means tell a joke. They will then realise that they don't have to freeze up for the serious Farang. Flow with the water, don't swim against it you will be tired and don't get anywhere.

What a load of Kii Wooa!

Kindly explain how doing it your way will get you anywhere near the result that you want.

Just because the Thais will put up with poor quality, shoddy workmanship and service, why should farang?

When you are paying farang prices, you have a right to expect certain standards.

Today I went into another branch of home pro just to check out something,so I asked them how long it would take if I ordered those kitchen cabinets.They answered me straight away that it ALWAYS takes 45 days to order them.

So what you think,when I placed my order at home pro(fessional liars) on 28 July with the request to have all the items ordered as 1 lot from the factory and the "hua na" promised me that they would do that and deliver on 12 August which is only 15 days.You think they "poot len" or they simply "go hok".And when on the delivery day again they told me they had ordered from the factory they didn't just "poot tole"?

Home pro stores seem to cater to the repair/remodel group of customers, whereas Global seems to want the contractor/builder business as well. Having only been involved in building 2 homes and 1 farm house/shelter here, I have found the first question for any supplier is 'do you have what I want, OK how long from order to delivery?' I always try to make 3 different suppliers with the list and go from there. I have found that the wholesaler who supplies fixtures for bath/kitchen etc will sell to the public also. There are good finish carpenters who can make cabinets, bars, display cabinets etc thus you can get the quality you want. The only things I am sure of, is that you as a buyer/customer need patience, knowledge of what you want/offered, and the foresight to owe the contractor, supplier, or builder money instead of them owing you material or labor.

Posts have been removed for making broad generalisations about Thai people.

If the "Thai Bashing" continues, I will have to close this topic.

I feel you can close most responses here for this reason. I am appalled by the disdain for Thais, born out of ignorance, expressed here. Some of the writers are here more than a couple of years and still don't master the way to inter react with Thai people. The arrogance is truly pathetic, learn some Thai and keep your posture, don't give them the accepted western superior act. Be friendly but firm in your requirement and above all keep it light, confrontations, so loved in the West, are abhorred here, if you like it or not that is irrelevant. Thais are a bit like children, they are unconfortable with serious "Farangs". I took the effort to master the Thai language and I do not try to trip them by pretending I don't know, I start straight away in Thai and am precise in explaining what I want and ask if there is a problem or not. Don't forget that it is impolite to say no, there is not even a Thai word for no, the use mai chai which means not yes. If I am not happy with a sales person I ask for the manager, the hua na, that solves all problems if there is any to start with. Try to make an effort to arrive in Thailand and forget to use your home country as a bench mark.

&lt;deleted&gt;...I have had numerous problems/issues with Home Pro and other home improvements shops, similar to a lot of the posters remarks and it was nothing to do with "commuications" and western arrogance as I had the long haired Thai dictonary with me (wifey) who I can assure you has vastly superior Thai communication skills than you, so there was no mis-understanding.

On the whole customer sevice in Thailand, leaves a lot to be desired.

I assume it would already be a big step if they educated their staff to the point that everything is not same same.

For example the other day I was looking for a soil poisoning chemical and had a bottle of chaindrite stedfast in my hands which contains 4% permethrin,and which at 3900 baht is by the way 1000 baht overpriced to their competitors, when one of the staff came pointing to me that zypertec was the same product but cheaper.

I told her that it was not the same because it has a base of 10% cypermethrin which is a different chemical after which she took the bottle and pointed to the company name and said you see same same. :)

I assume it would already be a big step if they educated their staff to the point that everything is not same same.

For example the other day I was looking for a soil poisoning chemical and had a bottle of chaindrite stedfast in my hands which contains 4% permethrin,and which at 3900 baht is by the way 1000 baht overpriced to their competitors, when one of the staff came pointing to me that zypertec was the same product but cheaper.

I told her that it was not the same because it has a base of 10% cypermethrin which is a different chemical after which she took the bottle and pointed to the company name and said you see same same. :)

If the competitor was cheaper why not buy there then .The girl was trying to save you money ,so her heart was in the right place .

To you though you are just making her out as a stupid Thai .

If the competitor was cheaper why not buy there then .The girl was trying to save you money ,so her heart was in the right place .

To you though you are just making her out as a stupid Thai .

Dear Sir,you must belong in the same category as the sales lady because you also don't understand that we are talking about 2 totally different products.At least a sales person,smart or stupid,should know what he is talking about before he starts recommending a particular product.

Can you please explain how to save money when buying a product that doesn't meet your needs.

And please tell me where I wrote that I bought it from these home pro(fessional thieves)?I said that the competitor was 1000 baht cheaper,on a 3900 baht product that is 25% cheaper,so I bought it there. :D

Edited by basjke

^ ..arrogance personified . :)

Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything to contribute other then BS.

Keep posting in the "the park in trouble" topic with posts like I didn't see a truck passing so they didn't work.That say enough of your attitude. :D

Can't really say I'm aggressively followed there, although I reckon they must get a massive commission on selling water heaters. Whenever I walk past that area they most positively assault me trying to sell one :D . Somtimes twice, on the way in and again on the way out!

:) Yeah. Or those expensive mattresses. I was at Index Living Mall yesterday in Khon Kaen and while my wife was selecting some curtains I made the fatal mistake of plopping my arse on a nearby mattress on display to retie one of my shoelaces. 3 assistants swept down on me like Demetors from a Harry Potter flick. How much lads? 65000 baht? I'll take 10!