Doner Kebabs

Has Thailand succumbed to the Doner Kebab yet , if so where ?

Must have real pita bread , nice salad , yoghurt , pickled Chili , I need one NOW while I lay on the sofa watching a movie . :) washed down with an Iced cold Coke

Dont tell me you dont do that , I know you do or Did :D !!

Well, Doner Kebab is Turkish food. With that in mind, you might want to go looking for a Turkish restaurant. Good luck!

Has Thailand succumbed to the Doner Kebab yet , if so where ?

Must have real pita bread , nice salad , yoghurt , pickled Chili , I need one NOW while I lay on the sofa watching a movie . :) washed down with an Iced cold Coke

Dont tell me you dont do that , I know you do or Did :D !!

What here in Thailand and especially Pattaya is described as a Doner Kebab bears no resemblance to what you get in your local Kebab shop assuming you are from the UK, though called Doner Kebabs they are made of Chicken meat that has been sliced spiced and placed on the spit , the pita bread is small and round and the meat plus salad filling is placed on top with either chilli sauce or what looks like mayonaise and rolled into a sausage shape then wrapped in tinfoil , there is at least one Expat bar here in Pattaya that makes their own version of UK Doner meat using lamb, beef and rusk but it is still not that great, the problem is that the legs of meat that the UK takeaways use are made only in the UK and no one as yet has decided to commercialy manufacture them here in Thailand, there's a business opportunity for someone, though the cost of lamb in this country would make them expensive

Big chicken kebabs at Woody's, Chaiyaphum Rd in Chiang Mai. Opposite Somphet Market. Only open in the evenings.

post-18801-1250533597_thumb.jpg

Having had the pleasure of serving my country when I was stationed in Turkey, i can unequivocally state that the picture in your post comes nowhere near what the "real deal" was in Turkey. I realize of course that everyone has their own version of what a doner kebab should be but the kebabs in Turkey are all that.

Even the ones here in Seattle don't come close.

Ciao

Mike