Alcohol

2long

Imagine, just for fun, that you could have ANY alcoholic drink (brand name is preferable, but genre is acceptable) for the rest of your life. Don't worry about cost, you can pretend it's either free or the same annual cost that you're paying now. However, that is the ONLY alcoholic beverage you can drink for the rest of your life! This includes at social functions, drinking alone, afternoon sessions and big nights out.

It's not easy for most of us, so I'll start with a real cop-out and say Guinness.

Of you go, guys, but please remember it's ONE and not more with excuses.

Dom Perignon 1945 for breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, dinner, supper and the occasional quaff. Please have it delivered by a naked native wrapped lightly in olive oil.

All thanks and bottoms up; happy da(ze)ys

Maekhong, soda and ice.

They call it whiskey but it's made from 95% sugar cane and in my books that makes it rum.

IMHO similar to Bundy Rum but a lot cheaper at 120b a bottle. :)

I bought a bottle of maekhong a few months ago....you can make fairly decent mojitos with it....your mixture above, but crush a wedge of lime with some sugar and a mint leaf in the bottom of the glass first! Refreshing and tasty!...and all the ingredients available cheap anywhere in Thailand.

cant be done, you see i have an alcohol induced multiple personality disorder so one of me would insist on the macallan whilst another would demand esb and the wine personal disorders would go mad so i cannot answer this :)

Imagine, just for fun, that you could have ANY alcoholic drink (brand name is preferable, but genre is acceptable) for the rest of your life. Don't worry about cost, you can pretend it's either free or the same annual cost that you're paying now. However, that is the ONLY alcoholic beverage you can drink for the rest of your life! This includes at social functions, drinking alone, afternoon sessions and big nights out.

It's not easy for most of us, so I'll start with a real cop-out and say Guinness.

Dom Perignon 1945 for breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, dinner, supper and the occasional quaff. Please have it delivered by a naked native wrapped lightly in olive oil.

prefer the 1962 vintage but def the way to go. and the delivery service sounds just about right.

I was in a pub in Edinburgh at Xmas and the usual Ozzie barman asked me which grapage of wine i would desire!! Medium dry, please. (and make it quick..)

Me, well depends on the mood and the heat. In Winter i like red wine, in summer I like white and at the moment I am a wee bit partial to a Kir (or blanc cassis as they call it 'ere).

Or a good bloody mary.... Or Pimms or G and T or or or or ..... Kilkenny.

Hmmm only 1??? ok I'm tempted to go with Stella Artois because it's my regular pint of choice but there will, no doubt, be some occasions when heaving a pint of wife beater around would not be appropriate! So.... I'll go with a Champagne...a rose....like....Billecart Salmon Brut...about £80 a bottle :-) I can just see myself squeezing through a crowded dancefloor with a couple of bottles of that and a few glasses in me hand :-) also works at a nice restaurant, a picnic, a nice cold glass after work, a quick lunch...yep I reckon it would cover just about any eventuality, so that's my choice.

Could we all meet up with our respective 'lifetimes drinks' for a party once a year where we get to sample each others choices?

Would Mr.Bond like anything else? :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sloegin preferably homemade und about 10years old

gordonsloe.jpg

I love sloe gin (Gordons), too, which I've never been able to find here, and am also an avid Guinness drinker (not here), but for generic drinking en-masse I'd have to go with Tiger.

photo_2728_1.JPG