Civil Servants Told To Sign Government Petition Or Lose Jobs

george

Three people does not a Civil Service make.

I am sure the ones who got ordered to sign were the ones who didn't want to sign.

On the other hand, what is written does not need to be the truth.

Also, where did this "rumour", if I may call it so, originate?

Or, maybe, if I may ask, who instignated the "rumour"

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it would appear that a lot of people are willing to kill the messenger as well as the message.

The message could be kosher, but the messenger's reliability is in question.

Did John Le Fevre really interview lots of civil servants to state things like "most notably in the north and northeast of the country"? Did he interview them by phone? How many did he call? How many said they never heard of manadtory petitions, payments and the like? How are they spread geographically?

And what about "Throughout the country reports are also gradually filtering out" - who is reporting to whom? Does John Le Fevre collect reports from agents throughout the country?

Really?

>>>

The "news" article looks like a recap of an unattributed RSS feed. It's fine if it's a recap of the headlines in some Red/Yellow papers - if the source is stated clearly.

Totally agree on that.

Maybe that's why this section is called News-clippings? Take a little from here, take a little from there and make it look like it's actually a bit of investigative journalism. It's just sad that if a "normal" poster would put this on, it would be deleted even before you could say "amen". The mods would ask immediatly for a news source. So is it news or an opinion then?

Banned members get tossed out with out rather quickly and with ease ... yes you kuff,

This is funny....sorry: hilarious :D

1. an article is posted by "Thaivisa News", written by John le Fevre; I am NOT judging whether the content of that article is truth or not. It's not up to me to decide.

2. The entire ANTI Thaksin brigade on Thaivisa jumps out of bed and without even showering or dressing starts questioning the content.

3. This is -for me, in almost 5 years of Thaivisa- the first time (as far as I know) that the anti-Thaksin brigade QUESTIONS a news-article with so many cannons and missiles fired upon a writer, where he found his content; is it true ?...my family members say they didn't hear anything of the kind etc. etc.

4. My question is: did all those anti-Thaksin members question with the same cannons and missiles ALL those millions of articles, written about Thaksin, when those articles were attacking Thaksin......? where the writers of those articles found their "truth"...asked their family members if the content was true or not....were they there ? Did they see it happen ?

5. Or, do the Thaksin haters find it a bit more convenient to attack this article because it's in the next room of Thaivisa...other than all those other honest, fair, sincere and truthful news agencies like Bangkok Post, The Nation etc., not forgetting the News Agency of the Government... :D

Silly and childish behaviour of the anti-Thaksin brigade.

OK start flaming and bashing upon me :D

BTW: I am nor pro- nor anti Thaksin; I leave that up to wise and intelligent people. Enough Farang Judges in Thailand and on TV :)

LaoPo

Now we are seeing true corruption from the anti-Thaksin folk - forcing people to sign a petition on pain of losing their jobs is as abhorrent as allegedly buying votes

He is an ex Thaksin friend...not from any anti-thaksin folks

ok my las two cents bevore i'm banned forever. Bashing of the "covicted criminal" is just so easy! BTW It's fun too. But don't think I'm yellow or red or blue or brown, but still where do you think news like this are coming from, and who are they likely to help?

Maybe you should understand the stakes at the moment, it's a tricky time, little sparks can set off a big BOOM, if you know what I mean. So if there is a missile fired, like you put it, it's because of this.

Anyway I'm just a troll that doesn't care, because it's not my country and I'm just on holidays... and I'm banned now aswell LOL

Very good analysis of the situation LaoPo.

The two red-supporters shakes hand. "Yes, now we nailed it", they say.

Not at all. The fact of the matter is that newspapers here needs a license.

So while this leads to some authoritarian issues (see: Thaksin didn't like the free press for instance) it also pushes newspapers to, hopefully, be slightly more responsible in their reporting. If nothing else, a newspaper is a business and have to stay in business and if they post unsubstantiated news people might stop reading/subscribing to them, sponsors might pull their ads, the targets of the attacks might sue.

John, however, is a [known] blogger. And yes, he also has an admittedly red slant in his posts. Is anyone dismissing that?

He however does not work for a newspaper with a license as far as I know. So when he comes up with original material it is a GOOD thing that people question it.

(And hand on the heart, a lot of news-reports, including from the Nation, has been attacked here, so this isn't even anything new.)

If people question it and it stands up, then his case will remain stronger.

Sofar we however have 'alleged' to be put infront of the accusation in the topic as I haven't seen anyone corroborate that this would be either true or done on any larger scale.

No doubt it can be pressure from people on a local level, from both sides, but the news article proposes it is organized.

Prove it.

• Like 1

2. The entire ANTI Thaksin brigade on Thaivisa jumps out of bed and without even showering or dressing starts questioning the content.

Twice in this thread I said that the content might be basically correct, because that's what Newin boys at the Interior would do.

What is in question is John's journalist ethics - the way he presented it leaves big doubts about authenticity of his "interviews" and "reports".

In the end it doesn't matter much - there will always be big a discrepancy between what happened and how it was percieved from the news, but little things like "reports are filtering out" or implying that hundreds if not thousands of civilc servants across the country were interviewed leaves a bad taste in the mouth. He could have just said "got it from the grapevine", would be more reliable.

Projecting what he heard from one source on the whole country makes me believe in Abac polls as if it was a Bible.

• Like 1

Not at all. The fact of the matter is that newspapers here needs a license.

So while this leads to some authoritarian issues (see: Thaksin didn't like the free press for instance) it also pushes newspapers to, hopefully, be slightly more responsible in their reporting. If nothing else, a newspaper is a business and have to stay in business and if they post unsubstantiated news people might stop reading/subscribing to them, sponsors might pull their ads, the targets of the attacks might sue.

John, however, is a [known] blogger. And yes, he also has an admittedly red slant in his posts. Is anyone dismissing that?

He however does not work for a newspaper with a license as far as I know. So when he comes up with original material it is a GOOD thing that people question it.

(And hand on the heart, a lot of news-reports, including from the Nation, has been attacked here, so this isn't even anything new.)

If people question it and it stands up, then his case will remain stronger.

Sofar we however have 'alleged' to be put in front of the accusation in the topic as I haven't seen anyone corroborate that this would be either true or done on any larger scale.

No doubt it can be pressure from people on a local level, from both sides, but the news article proposes it is organized.

Prove it.

No TAWP.

You're going into detail whether one has a license to publish "news" or not; whether in a newspaper, website (Thaivisa) or blog.

That has nothing to do with my comment that it is so overly visible that the anti-Thaksin brigade expose themselves on Thaivisa, in this thread, by questioning an article which is NOT in their favor.

Their favor is: we hate Thaksin and we do NOT accept anything which is in our way and we will use any means to fight anybody who is opposed to our vision.

That, TAWP, is the point. Those anti-Thaksin people are so obsessed with their views that it's almost.....read again: almost: sickening. Not for me but for themselves.

Hate is a very bad quality in a human being and tends to destroy; destroy the brain and body.

The world, nature, people....there are so many beautiful things to see and experience out there.

Leave the Thaksin case to the Thai authorities to judge for and, for heaven's sake, I wish the Adnistration of this website would forbid any further new Thaksin threads in order to restore some peace on this forum...

Peace ! :)

LaoPo

ok at least there is a reliable source:

#Thailand Gov threatens 2 fire public servants who don't sign petition opposing @Thaksinlive rpyal pardon petition. #rednews #redtweet

Who is responsible for that twit?

The author of this story. He posts in and reads all the red shirt twitters. If his red shirt blogger buddies can't be trusted for truthful info, who can?

http://twitter.com/photo_journ

That has nothing to do with my comment that it is so overly visible that the anti-Thaksin brigade expose themselves on Thaivisa, in this thread, by questioning an article which is NOT in their favor.

Their favor is: we hate Thaksin and we do NOT accept anything which is in our way and we will use any means to fight anybody who is opposed to our vision.

This is incorrect as far as my contributions are concerned.

In the beginning some people asked around civil servants they know personally and it didn't check out. Now everyone talks about the source of this "news".

I'm sure there are places where people were ordered to collect a hundred signatures or be fired, but how many are there? Are they localised? Is it really a government policy or just some overzealous local bosses trying to please Bangkok?

I, personally, don't know what to make of it unless I know how the story came into being the way it was presented.

I see your point Lao Po. You are quite right to notice the immediate skepticism. I initially resisted temptation to question the veracity and sources of the article because it all seems rather pointless. I am neither yellow nor red, but I do support Abhisit, for the time being at least. I rather despise Thaksin, but that is really neither here nor there.

I reckon people simply question the article because it makes some very damaging accusations and because there are no corroborating reports by other press. It in no way means that the events described didn't occur, only that there isn't enough information to make that determination.

What does your alleged Thai Language media have to report on the threatening civil servants with their jobs? Please provide some links to corroborating stories.

I'm still waiting on any corroboration of another story in which it was also suggested we wait for as well, when it was questioned on whether or not a "pandemic" was actually occurring in Thai prisons and as yet there's been none in the past 11 days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pandemic-AH1...26.html&hl=

Is this what is going to be expected now. Print the news and then wait a week to see if it's real?

quote:

The author of this story. He posts in and reads all the red shirt twitters.

unquote.

Oh Jesus...

This is where this "news" comes from? Anonymous tweets?

We're privy now to a whole new line of news sources....

From the other thread linked above... that still has yet to be corroborated....

Pandemic A(H1N1) active inside Bang Kwang Central Prison

By John Le Fevre

BANGKOK: -- A British national in Thailand’s infamous Bang Kwang Central Prison has written to the charity Prisoners Abroad asking if it or the British Embassy in Bangkok has plans to pay for the flu treatment drug Tamiflu (also sold under the generic name oseltamivir), for jailed Brits in Thailand.

According to the prisoner, who requested his name not be divulged, as of July 13 two prisoners and one prison guard had died from the pandemic A(H1N1) virus, originally termed swine flu, with at least one other guard at that time “seriously ill” in hospital.

The author says he believes

An unnamed prisoner, without corroboration, is now a source of news AND an "author"?? :)

• Like 1

don't bash up this guy too much he's just trying to make a living! and don't question the "news" content because it is posted by the owner of the site not the author, otherwise you are all getting banned like me!

BTW do i have to sign out before beeing banned?

Before you post may I suggest you read a little better ?

"BTW: I am nor pro- nor anti Thaksin; I leave that up to wise and intelligent people. Enough Farang Judges in Thailand and on TV :) "

I didn't shake hands with Scott; I didn't ask for his comment. "I am nor pro- nor anti Thaksin"; I did my own writing TAWP, as you do.

Maybe I read better and maybe I have a better developed sense of ""fairness"" instead hatred feelings ?

The anti Thaksin sentiments, silly postings accompanied by many -even photoshopped- photos, hateful comments on a daily basis seem to have taken possession of the brains of some members.

I pity those members because it's sickening them, ie making them sick.

Hatred makes sick. Real wise human beings know this and are wise enough not to let hate takes possession of them.

Of the greatest examples of a wise person on this Forum was Elizabeth Horton, the Mother of murdered daughter from the UK on Koh Samui on New Years' Eve 2006, Katherine Horton, 21. I even remember the name out of my head, without looking it up...so much I was impressed with this Giant of a Lady.

She said that she didn't wish the death penalty* for the two rapists and killers of her daughter; life imprisonment was "enough" for her; she didn't seek more death and destruction.

She is a true example of a human being, who was capable to rise beyond hatred feelings. :D

* BTW: the death penalty, asked for by many members on this forum as well as Thaksin if I remember well. (before the anti Thaksin brigade jumps upon me again :D )

LaoPo

LaoPo>> Even if you are no ferwert or Koo82, you are not neutral. You have on multiple occasion posted clearly red-leanings posts. In the same way Scott has, without being a rabid fan or dedicated follower. Hence 'supporter'.

• Like 1

Three people does not a Civil Service make.

I am sure the ones who got ordered to sign were the ones who didn't want to sign.

How many do you know personally that did actually " get ordered to sign" then ????

Perhaps a little bit of subtle wind up is being put into the thread and by someone who ought not to be doing so.

You may think you fool everyone into thinking you are not biased towards the Thaksin no brainers, I am not.

In Udonthani the reds have done their best to stop anyone who dares to vote against them and the petition ( in this case. )

Facts are far better than fiction.

That,s the only reason why,...... ordered not to my ar*e.

marshbags :)

Edited by marshbags

LaoPo I’ve no political affiliation but when a news article gets posted suggesting my wife and other members of her family have been pressured to sign a petition that could affect their income it interests me and hence my checking up with them. As I’ve posted none of them had heard of it or were told to sign anything.

Scott may I suggest you increase your circle of friends. I know of 2 other Farangs married to civil servants living close to where I call home. That’s 3 married to people working for one branch of the civil service. I’ve heard of others married to teachers so we’re not alone.

LaoPo>> Even if you are no ferwert or Koo82, you are not neutral. You have on multiple occasion posted clearly red-leanings posts. In the same way Scott has, without being a rabid fan or dedicated follower. Hence 'supporter'.

I suggest you take a reading course. It's your interpretation of my posts.

LaoPo

LaoPo I’ve no political affiliation but when a news article gets posted suggesting my wife and other members of her family have been pressured to sign a petition that could affect their income it interests me and hence my checking up with them. As I’ve posted none of them had heard of it or were told to sign anything.

Good for you and family. That doesn't implement the content of the article we are talking about is correct or incorrect.

That was not the point, as I wrote in my first post. It's not up to me to decide.

I was writing about the questioning -almost interrogation- of the anti-Thaksin brigade about the OP article.

I asked if they are/were also so critical with articles that are ANTI Thaksin. :)

I bet not because they eat anything what's anti Thaksin, whether rice, potatoes or red bricks :D

Nobody pees against the wind, or in Latin:

Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum :D

LaoPo

and again it is all about you said this and misinterpreted that...come on lao po what are you saying? real wise human beeings will just sit back and watch people destroy their own country? killing their own people? yeah maybe he ordered the police to shoot people but a real wise human will be compassionate and say please come back and show us some more? I call this people real ignorant selvish ar_es.

Ps: spare me from you reply i know you didn't say that, just don't hate them for killing, i got it...

Edited by kuff

Now we are seeing true corruption from the anti-Thaksin folk - forcing people to sign a petition on pain of losing their jobs is as abhorrent as allegedly buying votes

He is an ex Thaksin friend...not from any anti-thaksin folks

So was Sondhi. Would you not describe him as an "anti-Thaksin folk"? You will never have a more bitter enemy than an "ex-friend".

and again it is all about you said this and misinterpreted that...come on lao po what are you saying? real wise human beeings will just sit back and watch people destroy their own country?

Real wise people -being a guest in any country- will refrain from hatred messages towards (ex-)politicians in the same country. One day it could bounce back on them. It wouldn't be the first time in history, anywhere in the world...!

But, if their urge to say something is that high they should try and walk a more careful road by being objective and not only question the content in publications of pro- but also anti- articles of any (ex) politician.

Wise people do so!

I have said it quite a few times: so many Farang Judges in Thailand who know much better than Thai :)

LaoPo

Real wise people -being a guest in any country- will refrain from hatred messages towards (ex-)politicians in the same country. One day it could bounce back on them. It wouldn't be the first time in history, anywhere in the world...!

But, if their urge to say something is that high they should try and walk a more careful road by being objective and not only question the content in publications of pro- but also anti- articles of any (ex) politician.

Wise people do so!

I have said it quite a few times: so many Farang Judges in Thailand who know much better than Thai :)

LaoPo

Can you send me the link to your "what wise people do and don't" Guide book, is it published yet?

Are there so many foreign Judges making holidays in Thailand? Is this so? thanks for the info!