Renew Tax & Insurance For Mini Beast Honda Czi

Lancelot

Well, when you are bored what do you do? Hit the bars? Na, been there done that... Go golfing? Na, I'm missing the golf gene, 555+

You renew your motobike tax and insurance!

The first task was finding the Transportation Office. I went north on Sukumvit and turned on Highway 36 towards Rayong. Just past the St. Regents school (I think thats the correct name) I made a u turn and turned left on the first road past the school. The Transportation office was easy to find, its a large complex.

I went inside and asked where to buy insurance (po ra bo) and a charming lady instructs me to press #4 for a que ticket and then go to to the insurance counter. I produce my Green Book and she enters the policy info but for some reason the printer isn't working so she writes the required information by hand on the policy form and motions me to the tax window. The tax que had already advanced beyond my number but the clerk accepted my now expired number and prints out my Tax Receipt for a cool B100 and directs me back to the insurance counter. My hand written policy is waiting for me and the damage is B354. One currious thing is that when she asked to see my old insurance policy, I produced the insurance receipt that Mityon gave me when I bought the bike last September. The receipt had the 3rd party coverage limits on one side and my policy number and other personal information on the other side printed over a yellow green and blue water mark-but the ink had disappeared! Thank god I never had an accident but I did have the foresight to enter my policy nummber in my mobile. As if that would have helped at all, 555+

Anyway, the clerk gives is a "mai pen rai" and starts my coverage from that moment (Aug 13) to the expiration date on Oct 16, 2553. The insurance company is Viriyah and they appear to be a major player in the domestic market. Outside the Transportation office is a row of shops offering Insurance, photo copies, food, beer. Maybe next time I'll stay out there nursing a cool one and send my lady in to do the renewal, lol.

FYI, I've heard that Tesco now sells LNG insurance and was told that the premium for my little CZI would be B323.

Anyway, it was a learning experience and a fun day as well :)

Edited by Lancelot