Who's Gonna Watch The Aussies Flog The Poms

Blinky Bill

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Blinky for an infomative and constructive reply. Pity other Aussies can't do likewise in stead of mouthing off and throwing insults but, I suppose he never quite got over being 'a colonial cousin' status.

Apart from calling you an idiot I guess :)

Who cares who wins, isn't it the playing of the game and the sportsmanship (absent in some other Aussies) that counts and not bringing the football holligan element/mentality into an otherwise solid sport?

You're really struggling Daveybabe.

Reading your posts, you obviously have no idea.

Will

Er....Will, that comes under the part on throwing insults (Just thought I would help you out on that one.)

Struggling? Really? You are of course entitled to your opinion - do I really want an idea I ask myself, if you read my posts more carefully I am anti-cricket but accept others like it. My point was that all this pumped up 'I'm an Aussie' just doesn't wash - unless of course, you are Aboriginal.

Daveybabe

Thanks Blinky for an infomative and constructive reply. Pity other Aussies can't do likewise in stead of mouthing off and throwing insults but, I suppose he never quite got over being 'a colonial cousin' status.

Apart from calling you an idiot I guess :)

Who cares who wins, isn't it the playing of the game and the sportsmanship (absent in some other Aussies) that counts and not bringing the football holligan element/mentality into an otherwise solid sport?

You're really struggling Daveybabe.

Reading your posts, you obviously have no idea.

Will

Er....Will, that comes under the part on throwing insults (Just thought I would help you out on that one.)

Struggling? Really? You are of course entitled to your opinion - do I really want an idea I ask myself, if you read my posts more carefully I am anti-cricket but accept others like it. My point was that all this pumped up 'I'm an Aussie' just doesn't wash - unless of course, you are Aboriginal.

BTW: What is the score? What would you say if your team lost? (Plenty I guess)

Daveybabe

On firefox (or chrome) this website plays good live pictures.

http://www.realhq.net/ashes.html

Been watching it with no problems all game. If we get to 400 by tomorrow morning then the Aussies are in trouble because this pitch looks like a bad one for whoever bats last... :)

Great site, jasreeve17. Where I'm at now, I had no coverage, but I do now. Thanks.

On firefox (or chrome) this website plays good live pictures.

http://www.realhq.net/ashes.html

Been watching it with no problems all game. If we get to 400 by tomorrow morning then the Aussies are in trouble because this pitch looks like a bad one for whoever bats last... :)

Great site, jasreeve17. Where I'm at now, I had no coverage, but I do now. Thanks.

You are welcome Sir.

haha what a cun_t the OP must feel now.

What an unintelligent post. What are you saying, yeastside?

The reason I started this thread was to share the Ashes experience and have a bit of a giggle with other posters. We have had a bit of bantering and mostly fun thus far, but you have to come along and make such a stupid post. I guess we come to expect it from the less fortunate, ie., those standing at the back of the queue when the smarts were being handed out.

Let's hope, from an Australian point of view, the Aussies can pull one out of the bag and at least draw the match if not win it. Sadly that is not looking like a possibility at the present time.

We can always hope for 3 days of rain.

Edited by Blinky Bill

All the talk in the media before this game was about the weakness of England middle order. I have seen many collapses in this department during my 50 plus years as an England supporter but yesterdays collapse of the Aussie middle order ranks with some of the worst I have ever seen.

Indeed; has anyone else done any sums? All the Australian wickets fell for a total of only 87 runs! Ok, so a couple of the umpiring decisions were downright awful (especially Clarke) but that's the old 'Swings and Roundabouts' routine, as another couple of batsmen should have been given lbw and were not sent back.

Looking at the start of Englands second innings I would say that this match could well be on a knife edge right until the end because the pitch is crumbling and will get worse through the third day. If the Aussies have to chase 300 plus batting last they will be under a great deal of pressure on that track and I wouldn't fancy being out there at No7 still needing another 150 to retain the ashes!

Whoever you support it's a great match to witness for the end of a series.

Not to fan the flames, but is it really true that Australia has the Queen of England on their money? :)

Yeah we lent her our queen temporarily when we let them rule themselves in the hope they could come up with someone eventually to replace her, but it's been over a century now, and we are still waiting. They whinge about her all the time but are too weak, divided and feckless to do anything about it. In any case, they don't have any antipodeans of discernible quality to put on the money if ever they did. Maybe a 'Neighbours' star or Rolf Harris and, as we are seeing now, they don't have any notable cricketers or rugby players anymore do they?

Not to fan the flames, but is it really true that Australia has the Queen of England on their money? :)

Yeah we lent her our queen temporarily when we let them rule themselves in the hope they could come up with someone eventually to replace her, but it's been over a century now, and we are still waiting. They whinge about her all the time but are too weak, divided and feckless to do anything about it. In any case, they don't have any antipodeans of discernible quality to put on the money if ever they did. Maybe a 'Neighbours' star or Rolf Harris and, as we are seeing now, they don't have any notable cricketers or rugby players anymore do they?

And to not "fan the flames" either let me say that Australia does not have "the Queen of England" on the 100, 50, 20, or 5 dollar notes. I do not have a $10.00 so cannot comment on that.

But "the Don" (the greatest cricketer who ever lived) should be on one as he certainly earned the right to be included.

New Zealand does have her head on the $20.00 bill, but on the $100.00 there is Lord Rutherford of Nelson (google him if you are not familiar with who he is, or what his claim to fame was)) I think Sir Edmond Hillary is on the $5.00 bill and yes the old girl who lives in Buckingham Palace is on the $20.00 "and we want to change that ASAP"

Can't remember who is on the $50.00 or $10.00 bills "but it is not the lady from BP (Buckingham Palace)

Nuff said :D

Edited by john b good

All Australian coins have the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the front (or rear depending on your preference). The reverse side of $2, $1 and 50c coins frequently feature commemorative designs.

The $2 coin was introduced in 1988 to replace the $2 note. It features an Aboriginal tribal elder, the Southern Cross and native grass trees.

The $1 coin was introduced in 1984 to replace the $1 note. It features kangaroos on the reverse side. (BTW kangaroos are slaughtered for pet food and also human consumption).

The reverse of the:

50c coin features Australia's Coat of Arms.

20c coin features the platypus (soon to be replaced with an image of Sir Donald Bradman).

10c coin features a male lyrebird dancing.

5c coin features an echidna.

2c and 1c coins were phased out in 1990