Visa Renewal, Jomtien Or Uk

Davem4

Visa renewal, Jomtien or UK

Hi, Im coming to Pattaya in November, is it okay to visit on the 30 day Visa and renew for 15 in Jomtien or can I obtain a free visa over 30 days, from UK, as Ive seen mentioned. ?

Looked on Embassy sites and only seems like 30 day free for non UK citizens ? Not very well explained as usual.

Would obviously prefer to get it before I came, as no surprise to finding "shop shut" or "next day"

Thanks

You are a UK citizen and passport holder?

Assuming that the '30 day Visa' you refer to is the 30-day 'right to remain' stamp you get on arrival because you are a UK passport holder. This is NOT a visa. It is not extendable and if you do a land 'border-run' at the end, you will only get 15 days 'right to remain' on re-entry. At all times, using this method requires you to posses a confirmed, dated return or onward airticket, not an 'open' return.

I understand that a proper Thai Tourist Visa application is free through 4 March 2010 and would recommend that get one as that will allow you greater initial flexibility like 60-days on arrival and more easily extendable.

The Royal Thai Consulate General in Hull has the most detailed and comprehensive information regards your visa choices and their personal or postal application processing is highly regarded.

Edited by NanLaew

So, you want to be between 30 and 45 days here, did I understand you there? My advice would be you go and get a free 60 days tourist Visa at your friendly Consulate (Hull or Birmingham) or go to a less friendly Embassy. If you trust the brithish mail service you can send your passport there, you dont have to move your behind to one of this lovely citys.

But to answer your question, if you dont get that Visa I mentioned above, you will get a 30 days Visa exemtion when you fly into Thailand. If you wanna stay longer, you can get a 7 day extention at Jomtien Immigration Office (1900 Baht) or you can do a border run to camboday, witch will give you 15 more days. Cost start around the same price up to 2500 Baht all inclusive.

Looks like a proper 60 day tourist visa should be the way to go for you. Should you fall in love with the temples here and wish to stay up to 90 days in total, you can extend a Tourist Visa by 30 days at Jomtien. Cost will be 1900 Baht.

Dont tell the temples that you are a Newbie and that you have no xxxx clue. Enjoy your stay

Hi, Im coming to Pattaya in November, is it okay to visit on the 30 day Visa and renew for 15 in Jomtien .

You have plenty of time to get a 60 day tourist visa in Britain.

That will save you time and money.

On holiday, you don't want to be suffering the suicidal drives to Cambodia for a visa-run or face the agonising long hot queues and breathtakingly rude officials at the Jomtien immigration.