Skype W/ Tot 256k Adsl?

wimpy

Anyone using Skype with TOT 256k ADSL? I just tried using it here in Chiang Mai to call a land line in the USA. The audio was very broken up, and virtually unusable. I think I wasted 10 Euros. :o

me too....skype is not so good, but maybe the nets not good in thailand as skype has some very good reviews...

pc to pc is clear but useless.

tried calling to my sis in us(from true 1024k ADSL), the line was really broken up....

other parts of the world too very rarely get a clear line.

i guess other service providers can get you a good line to the US.

in my country there are no VOIP service providers so i have to find out some hardware alternative to these noisy/expensive service providers.

visit http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28221 ill keep it updated abt my search for some alternative.

I used Skype today to call England and Sweden PC to PC and used the Skype out PC to landline with no problems I'm using TT&T / Hi-Net.

Also a friend called England today using Skype PC -PC

TT&T/Ji-Net 256k and it was fine.

We are both in Pattaya.

My TOT service has become real spotty lately. During peak hours it seems slower than dialup. Nothing like when I first signed up.

I went in today and asked about upgrading to 1024k. The nice lady said I would be better off signing up for Loxinfo's 256k ADSL Top Up service. This is for the provinces. I will pay an additional 428 baht a month, to be routed through Loxinfo's network. She claims that it will likely be faster than TOT's 1024k service. :o

Should have it tomorrow, and will report back here on the performance.

Got the Top Up service working. It has REALLY improved the performance. A 9.5 mb download, that took 45 minutes with TOT ADSL, came in at 6 minutes with Top Up. Throughput was 260k.

I tried a call to the States at around noon today. I could hear the person I called clearly, but he said I occasionally broke up. There was also a noticable delay. I suspect it will be ok during off hours.

Maybe I'll give Nikotel a try. Rates are about the same.